Threaded View

Thanks

Black Lives Matters is a positive movement.

Black Lives Matter was created in reaction to the number of recorded police brutality videos, and the blatant targeting of black people hens the disproportionate crime rate. Many people fail to understand BLM is bringing acknowledgement to the fact Blacks are mistreated by our government. You may argue blacks kill blacks, or they commit more crimes so police target them, but those are both results of the oppression done by the government. Two blacks shooting each other is murder, but a cop shooting a black person without any credible reason is oppression. As you see in this video the officer when asked why did he shoot says "I don't know". He was literally trained and it's been reinforced into his head that all black people are dangerous and a threat.

BLM is misused and people do think it's a platform to attack police or government in general on, but the same goes for those who are against BLM. You're all missing the point that we have disproportionately criminalized blacks. The result of this over the years has been a loss of income for many families, a loss of a social bounds. The black people have vastly remained lower class then the rest of people because of the systematic destruction of their families on the basis they were black. This is the reason why BLM is so important, and on both sides there is ignorance about the underlining truth to the situation.

Discuss, no irrational behavior, irrelevant videos, or insults please.

Edit: Conservatives / ignorance rather dismiss this as basis without reading a single word, it's sad this thread could get rated but not replied to. Black Lives Matter being a genuine progressive movement is too much for somep people to grasp I guess.
    Last edited by Dab1996426; 07-21-2016 at 06:13 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dab For This Useful Post:

Five (08-18-2016)