Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

MPGH body builders, I need help.

Hello general,

So the story is that I'm a 20 years old guy weighting about ( 54 KG "123 LB" ). Actually I'm 54 kilos after a one month of trying the gym thing, I did earn about 2-3 kilos. But the thing is spending months to earn so low amount weight is really getting me more depressed. Yes ! I get depressed sometimes from being this skinny compared to other people, and almost any one who knows me keeps telling me "You are going to disappear soon."
    I left the gym 2 months ago and going to sign up tomorrow again. Recommend me some stuff if you did body building before, or weight gaining thing, such as good exercises, food, any other thing. Just help me out.
    I want to gain weight and have a good body so I don't look at my self in the mirror and see my jaw lines. Which makes me more lazy to do something about it.

NOTE: I trained for two months, I felt like I couldn't lift more weight. In example: First day let's say you can lift 10 kilos, no matter what is the exercise. After 2 months I lift about 5 kilos only more. One more thing, the skinniest part of me is my legs and they are so weak to be honest.

Anyone experienced with this just give me full info of YOUR experience. I did hit up some websites etc... But I wan't to listen to MPGH.

Day one: https://imgur.com/a/1qcTb
    Two months : https://imgur.com/a/1uxWK
    Is it a good change for 2 months ? I feel not to be honest, don't compliment me.

I need your advises !

*Take the thread seriously, any spam, jokes, shit replies will be reported. If you are going to shit post then don't, your post will be deleted. Post if you have info, other than that don't hit me up with "let me google that for you".

Thanks for your time reading this.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Well first of all gaining muscle isn't easy. You need a routine, you need to be focused, and you need to workout properly.

You didn't explain your routine so I cant give you any tips on that, all I can tell you is that looking at your pictures you clearly gained some muscle especially in your shoulders.

Remember, if you want to gain weight you need to eat a surplus of calories. You can do what I did the first time and dirty bulk, just eat whatever and workout consistently and you'll see gains. You quit two months in but if you would've given it two more months you would have seem some real gains.

Anyways dude goodluck, most important thing is to stick with it.

You should google the PPL workout routine, amazing for beginners.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Confluency For This Useful Post:

Janitor (07-22-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Personally I think if you keep doing what you were doing by month 4 you would have what you wanted. And fuck you I want to look like that but I just don't want to do the work
    Previous Names

Zavior
    Xavier
    Eternity
    Azathoth
    Eternity (again)
    Add me on IM

Please press +Rep or Thanks if you find my work or found something I said helpful

"Endless Void."

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Eternity For This Useful Post:

Janitor (07-22-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I'm actually pretty dissapointed that you stopped 2 months in, you look ALOT healthier in that second photo. Once again, eat a surplus of calories man. If you're working out without eating it's pointless because your body will burn the muscle for energy.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Confluency For This Useful Post:

Janitor (07-22-2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Confluency View Post
    Well first of all gaining muscle isn't easy. You need a routine, you need to be focused, and you need to workout properly.

You didn't explain your routine so I cant give you any tips on that, all I can tell you is that looking at your pictures you clearly gained some muscle especially in your shoulders.

Remember, if you want to gain weight you need to eat a surplus of calories. You can do what I did the first time and dirty bulk, just eat whatever and workout consistently and you'll see gains. You quit two months in but if you would've given it two more months you would have seem some real gains.

Anyways dude goodluck, most important thing is to stick with it.

You should google the PPL workout routine, amazing for beginners.
    Routine, what do you mean by that ? Food routine or exercise routine ?
    and yeah I'm a shitty eater need to step up my food.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternity View Post
    Personally I think if you keep doing what you were doing by month 4 you would have what you wanted. And fuck you I want to look like that but I just don't want to do the work
    2 months to gain only that and feeling that you can't carry more isn't a great feeling. Especially when you have a stubborn partner who wants you to lift 100 kilos and does the lift for you, instead of letting you lift what you can.

I'm actually pretty dissapointed that you stopped 2 months in, you look ALOT healthier in that second photo. Once again, eat a surplus of calories man. If you're working out without eating it's pointless because your body will burn the muscle for energy.
    I honestly see the changes on pictures only, not in reality or looking in the mirror. Damn I'm always shy to wear shorts, because of my tiny legs.
    Last edited by Janitor; 07-22-2016 at 09:57 PM.

Thanks
    @ @Ameer

This is probably going to be a long post but over the years I've learned a lot and hopefully I can give this to you in a quick concise and easy to understand way. I'm also going to be honest to you to ensure you actually improve, not to be a dick but to help you improve.

Firstly you shouldn't expect massive gains in two months. That being said, it doesn't look like you had much gains at all in those two months at all. A little bit more definition on your pectoralis. Little to no gain forearms or biceps as well as traps.

This could be as a result of multiple things.
    - Diet is inconsistent
    - Routine is incosistent, not hitting everything
    - Determination is lackluster
    - Attitude is lackluster

Answer a few questions for me, for yourself, and evaluate your answers:

Why are you working out? Based on your thread you want to have a better physique, be more confident and enjoy the idea of improving yourself? That was mine.

Do you enjoy working out?

Are you usually a responsible person and feel you can fit working out into your life schedule?

Diet
    Diet must be improved but not as drastically as you may think. I'm not going to tell you to throw out all the bad fats in your house and begin just eating salad which by the way will do you no good at your current status.

You want to bulk (gain pounds). You're quite light so your objective is to gain as much weight as possible and turn as much of the protein you eat into muscle as you can. Of course, it's not always that simple, but say goodbye to your "abs" because you'll lose those during your bulking season.

https://strengthunbound.com/bulking-c...for-beginners/
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1766

These are some good links to go off of.

1. Find yourself a protein you enjoy. Chocolate flavors tend to be the most favored but you might like others. Don't worry about getting the most premium or name brand protein instead find yourself in a retail grocery store and pick up some protein powder. You'll want to use it with milk or water, before and/or after your workout. Depends on your metabolism and other factors.

Duration depends on your targets, for example you might want to get to 200 pounds so you keep bulkiing until then OR like most people bulk during the winter say until March/April then start cutting up for the summer.
    Best supplemenss when bulking - depending on your bodytype if you have problems putting on weight than go for a weight gainer like NLarge2 otherwise get some decent whey protein powder like EAS or Optimum. Creatine is good so is a multi-vitamin and ZMA is also worthwhile if you can afford it. Best supplement is food though- chicken, tuna, eggs, milk, cheese etc should build the bulk of your diet.

For cutting cycle keep the same routine with weights maybe reduce volume a touch- dont switch to high reps or youll lose more mass and strength than necesarry. Add 3-4 40 min cardio sessions first thing in the morning or after your weights if you cant find the time( make sure you reduce volume with weights in this case). Best supplements would be whey protein powder again , multi-vitamin ,Glutamine and a good fat burner like Xenadrine or Animal cuts.

Remeber to eat 18-22 (if you put on weight easily x 18 otherwise x 22)x your bodyweight when bulking split over 5-6 meals and when cutting gardually reduce to 10 x your bodyweight split over 5-6 meals.
    Now, as I said, I don't recommend you need to change your diet this drastically by exclusively eating what the user suggested but instead ensuring you are eating A LOT. You awnt to eat a lot to gain lbs and use the protein to repair the muscles you rip while filling them up and making them a lot bigger.
    As he said, you want to be eating 18x or 22x your weight in order to bulk. Splitting it amongst multiple meals is important as well.

I remember seeing a post about Dwayne Johnson having to eat 7 meals in one day. It's not science fiction.
    Attitude
    You need to be determined to be going to the gym. Over the past two months on average how many days a week did you go? Were you leaving the gym feeling confident about what you did, accomplished? Often in pain the next day? Not the hurt a bone pain but the good, muscle throbbing pain that tells you "I did good work".

Gym Routine
    should be determined on what you can do. What is your max on each of the workouts you know? Further, when I was starting out I found it interesting (being more of an academic/kinesthetic learner) to know what workout works what muscles. In the beginning you don't really need to have separate days for separate sections of your body but instead you need to work on everything.

As you mentioned, your legs are weak. A rule of thumb for your legs is you should be able to SQUAT 2x what you can BENCH PRESS.

Work on those legs. Those are fundamentals. Squats, leg presses are OK but it's a controlled weight, using the calf machine is fantastic. High rep low sets for those.

https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/high...e-is-best.html

This should also help you understand about reps and sets.
    Last edited by Psychotic; 07-22-2016 at 10:09 PM.

Super User since 02.02.2020
    Global Moderator since 09.23.2017
    Moderator since 09.01.2016
    Minion+ since 07.22.2016

Marketplace Minion since 06.09.2016
    Trove Minion since 06.06.2016
    Middleman since 04.21.2016
    Social Engineering Minion since 02.03.2016
    News FO Freelancer From 11.08.2015 to 07.23.2016
    News FO Head Editor From 08.23.2015 to 11.08.2015
    News FO Head Editor From 07.19.2012 to 08.11.2014
    MPGH News and News FO Founder
    Programming Minion From Unknown to 04.23.2013
    Minecraft Minion From 09.19.2012 to 04.23.2013
    Member since 05.13.2012

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Psychotic For This Useful Post:

Janitor (07-22-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    I say first off to start by watching some routine videos, learn the motions because safety is always 1st, you don't want to be getting injured.
    I also suggest you get a little warm-up/stretch before lifting, starts getting the blood to flow more through your body and be more flexibile.

Now with the workouts, Don't start doing random at all
    I suggest to do something like chest/w/shoulder, legs/w/back, biceps/w/triceps
    Focus on certain muscles instead of doing everything at once, yes it will take a little more time, but the physiques on those groups will be much better and stronger.
    Focus more on your weaknesses than strength, because then you're not really making progresses if you're going to be that typical dude who benches everyday.

With the weights, do a little above you're comfortable weight, because on those last few repetitions you want to be wishing you were dead, thats getting the muscles worked out on.

Now to typical gain more weight, don't believe the bullshit "Oh you gotta have this many calories in a day", the logic is to gain more weight you have to start eating more, eat more than you usual do after working out. If you want you can take those protein drinks or whatever, I don't do that for me I could live without it.

Best to workout at night, get a good meal and then sleep, letting the muscles relax and regrow stronger

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Xiolest For This Useful Post:

Janitor (07-22-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Ameer View Post
    Routine, what do you mean by that ? Food routine or exercise routine ?
    Your workout routine, going to the gym and just hitting whatever machines and doing whatever with the weights isn't giving you the maximum gains you can get.

And I'm telling you man, working out is only like 40% of the work. Actually feeding yourself is the most important thing you can do, because if your not eating your body will use your muscles as a resource for energy and deteriorate your muscles.

Also, you need to consume protein. It's extremely important that you do. If you don't eat enough foods that have protein in it, you can buy protein at stores in containers and make protein shakes with milk or water. (Water is nasty as fuck I prefer Milk). There are so many different protein distributers and they all offer something different but the single most important thing is the protein itself. After every workout make a protein shake.

Edit: Also get your fucking sleep man, your body needs time to recuperate.
    Last edited by Confluency; 07-22-2016 at 10:03 PM.

Thanks
    Been editing my post like three or four times so make sure you have most updated version of it.

I'd like to emphasize, there are some protein powders out there that nearly act as a full meal giving 500-600 carbs for one serving. Using this to both add to your daily intake and give you protein is awesome. I think the guy mentions it in the bodybuilding forum post I linked.

Minion+ since 07.22.2016

Member since 05.13.2012

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Psychotic For This Useful Post:

Janitor (07-22-2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    @ @Ameer

This is probably going to be a long post but over the years I've learned a lot and hopefully I can give this to you in a quick concise and easy to understand way. I'm also going to be honest to you to ensure you actually improve, not to be a dick but to help you improve.

Firstly you shouldn't expect massive gains in two months. That being said, it doesn't look like you had much gains at all in those two months at all. A little bit more definition on your pectoralis. Little to no gain forearms or biceps as well as traps.

This could be as a result of multiple things.
    - Diet is inconsistent
    - Routine is incosistent, not hitting everything
    - Determination is lackluster
    - Attitude is lackluster

Answer a few questions for me, for yourself, and evaluate your answers:

Why are you working out? Based on your thread you want to have a better physique, be more confident and enjoy the idea of improving yourself? That was mine.

Are you usually a responsible person and feel you can fit working out into your life schedule?

Diet
    Diet must be improved but not as drastically as you may think. I'm not going to tell you to throw out all the bad fats in your house and begin just eating salad which by the way will do you no good at your current status.

You want to bulk (gain pounds). You're quite light so your objective is to gain as much weight as possible and turn as much of the protein you eat into muscle as you can. Of course, it's not always that simple, but say goodbye to your "abs" because you'll lose those during your bulking season.

https://strengthunbound.com/bulking-c...for-beginners/
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1766

These are some good links to go off of.

1. Find yourself a protein you enjoy. Chocolate flavors tend to be the most favored but you might like others. Don't worry about getting the most premium or name brand protein instead find yourself in a retail grocery store and pick up some protein powder. You'll want to use it with milk or water, before and/or after your workout. Depends on your metabolism and other factors.

Attitude
    You need to be determined to be going to the gym. Over the past two months on average how many days a week did you go? Were you leaving the gym feeling confident about what you did, accomplished? Often in pain the next day? Not the hurt a bone pain but the good, muscle throbbing pain that tells you "I did good work".

Gym Routine
    should be determined on what you can do. What is your max on each of the workouts you know? Further, when I was starting out I found it interesting (being more of an academic/kinesthetic learner) to know what workout works what muscles. In the beginning you don't really need to have seperate days for seperate sections of your body but instead you need to work on everything.

As you mentioned, your legs are weak. A rule of thumb for your legs is you should be able to SQUAT 2x what you can BENCH PRESS.

Work on those legs. Those are fundamentals. Squats, leg presses are OK but it's a controlled weight, using the calf machine is fantastic. High rep low sets for those.
    Thanks for the reply, I needed this.

Why are you working out?
    I work out because I'm shy of the way I'm skinny, and feel no comfort sitting next to people, I always feel my legs & hands are like sticks to be honest. I also work out because I want to have a great body like a friend.

Yes I do. But some days of the week I feel lazy and don't go to the gym.

Yes. I'm fully responsible of my self.

Other info: When I worked out I noticed how my diet was improved, I ate more, I cut off coke and lowered the amount of cigarettes I smoked per day. I ate more to be honest, but since I cut off the gym I'm back to point 0.

Attitude
    I'm so determined buddy, because I want this change so bad & as I mentioned earlier like out of a month I went to the gym like 20 days.
    Sometimes I were confident and felt that pain of change, and the others I felt not. The thing is the coaches are shit here. It's like I have to learn all the stuff by myself, because coaches here are just after pussies. So some exercises I don't know if I'm doing it right or wrong.

One question.
    Let's say I lift for example 15 kilos first rep, 25 2nd rep, 30 3rd, 40 last. and that was my capability for 2 months, I couldn't lift more than that. Some tell me that I should ! try to left more which is totally out of my power.

Thanks for the helpful tip.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply, I needed this.

Why are you working out?
    I work out because I'm shy of the way I'm skinny, and feel no comfort sitting next to people, I always feel my legs & hands are like sticks to be honest. I also work out because I want to have a great body like a friend.

Yes I do. But some days of the week I feel lazy and don't go to the gym.

Yes. I'm fully responsible of my self.

Other info: When I worked out I noticed how my diet was improved, I ate more, I cut off coke and lowered the amount of cigarettes I smoked per day. I ate more to be honest, but since I cut off the gym I'm back to point 0.

Attitude
    I'm so determined buddy, because I want this change so bad & as I mentioned earlier like out of a month I went to the gym like 20 days.
    Sometimes I were confident and felt that pain of change, and the others I felt not. The thing is the coaches are shit here. It's like I have to learn all the stuff by myself, because coaches here are just after pussies. So some exercises I don't know if I'm doing it right or wrong.

One question.
    Let's say I lift for example 15 kilos first rep, 25 2nd rep, 30 3rd, 40 last. and that was my capability for 2 months, I couldn't lift more than that. Some tell me that I should ! try to left more which is totally out of my power.

Thanks for the helpful tip.
    Well because your last set you're doing the most amount of weight you could do or so you thought and so whatever workout you were doing you pretty much cooked yourself. I like the pyramid method: https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/buil...-training.html

You should have been able to do more but at the same time you already killed your arms or whatever by the time you were on your last set so there's no way you could know if you could do moer than that.

Minion+ since 07.22.2016

Member since 05.13.2012

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Psychotic For This Useful Post:

Janitor (07-22-2016)

Thanks

Your workout routine, going to the gym and just hitting whatever machines and doing whatever with the weights isn't giving you the maximum gains you can get.

And I'm telling you man, working out is only like 40% of the work. Actually feeding yourself is the most important thing you can do, because if your not eating your body will use your muscles as a resource for energy and deteriorate your muscles.

Also, you need to consume protein. It's extremely important that you do. If you don't eat enough foods that have protein in it, you can buy protein at stores in containers and make protein shakes with milk or water. (Water is nasty as fuck I prefer Milk). There are so many different protein distributers and they all offer something different but the single most important thing is the protein itself. After every workout make a protein shake.

Edit: Also get your fucking sleep man, your body needs time to recuperate.
    No. I have a certain schedule that I work on, I took it off from the internet back then. I ate food like eggs, chicken breasts, tuna. Didn't try buying protein powders to be honest.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

No. I have a certain schedule that I work on, I took it off from the internet back then. I ate food like eggs, chicken breasts, tuna. Didn't try buying protein powders to be honest.
    Protein powder isn't a must if you're in control of the food you eat. Alot of people just prefer it because it's extremely cheaper.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Confluency For This Useful Post:

Janitor (07-22-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    I'm not exactly a body builder, just a 'strongman', Though i recommend just doing body weight exercises. Squat while carrying your dog or something and do a shit ton of pushups and situps. (All obvious, but make sure you use correct form when at the gym aswell)

Fuck off you scum

23. The Following User Says Thank You to ewrc For This Useful Post:

Janitor (07-22-2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Well because your last set you're doing the most amount of weight you could do or so you thought and so whatever workout you were doing you pretty much cooked yourself. I like the pyramid method: https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/buil...-training.html

You should have been able to do more but at the same time you already killed your arms or whatever by the time you were on your last set so there's no way you could know if you could do moer than that.
    I skimmed the link you provided, I honestly didn't get it. Can you write that in your own language if you don't mind ? "The pyramid method".

Protein powder isn't a must if you're in control of the food you eat. Alot of people just prefer it because it's extremely cheaper.
    Since I don't have control of my food, I think I need to buy protein, and try to control my food at the same time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast