Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks

An idea to stop leechers among other things.

I had this idea few days ago that MPGH should stop people from downloading public hacks until they are of Member rank, but during the rank of choob and newb let them download mods like model switches, skins, and have access to the clan recruiting and discussion sections. Now I say this because Member rank is 50 posts. Not a hard accomplishment, but it takes about a week if the user is interested in becoming a member of the CA community here at MPGH. This could also potentially put a hold on leeching and add to the actual community of MPGH. Not only does it do those things, but it could also put less strain on the Nexon community, not that IGAF about nexon, and keep more legit players(such as myself and those who only use weapon skins) playing the game instead of being over run by a bunch of hack abusing choobs like what happend to Warrock. Now let me say this as well I don't care who hacks it doesn't bother me until there are a bunch of speeders/telekilling and crazy shit. Now also with less abuse of the public hacks this would give the coders more time to upgrade their next release seeing as it could potentially slow down the patch rate of their previous pubs this in turn giving lead way into better public hacks for the hacking community. So leave your comments or flames whatever you have to say and I know I probably wasn't the first to come up with the idea, but just a suggestion in my opinion I will respond to as many comments as I get let me know what you think in ways such as yes no maybe IDGAF with a comment or two about why.
    Last edited by MercyKills; 02-10-2010 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Had a grammar mistake.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MercyKills For This Useful Post:

Kit_Hax (02-10-2010),mooserman (02-10-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    nice i agree with u

.................................................. .................................................. ....................................

Thanks
    Glad to have positive feed back thanks for your comment hope the rest agree as well even if they don't change the hack download rule .

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    O yea for sure, that is what most of the other sites have started doing, kinda pisses me off since i'm not the "member" status on the other sites becasue i love MPGH, and don't want to post anywhere else lol.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    yup but still nice thought its pretty smart but then again it should be like choob can download 1 a day and newb 2 a day cuz like if they cant a lot of ppl might leave....

.................................................. .................................................. ....................................

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by liv2rap50 View Post
    yup but still nice thought its pretty smart but then again it should be like choob can download 1 a day and newb 2 a day cuz like if they cant a lot of ppl might leave....
    Let them leave, I don't think people should just be here for the hacks, it is an awesome community to be a part of lol

Thanks
    Well, what it would be is they can download as many mods as they like, but not let them get the public hacks and leave you know what I'm saying.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    oo they can download mods lol i didnt see dat ooh ok ok well this is good

Thanks
    Well, I hope the rest of MPGH agrees with us and we lower the amount of public hack leechers and keep the hacks here to the deserving MPGH CA community. Anyway I'm going to go eat right now I'll be back in an hour or so and I will respond to the feedback then. Laters
    Last edited by MercyKills; 02-10-2010 at 01:20 PM.

Thanks
    this idea already has been looked at, at one point they had a list of people on this program who can only down that hack if your user name was in there which was made by someone i forget but it was like 100 post and like 20 thanks to get your name into this program. IT fell apart and everyone really has a right to download.. even big posters leech. but who knows it might work

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angry
    "AMSR" use the search button and you will learn how you can achieve this.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    whahaha this idea is leeched too nerdd:P

Thanks
    Well I Like It But That Idea Popped Up A While Ago And People Thought We'd Have Spammers And The Mods Would Be Too Busy Too Watch Other stuff

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Well, it would certainly reduce abuse of mods and leeched hacks. We should also do that with threads to stop spam/begging/flaming threads.

For higher level mods and hacks I would recommend HaX0r status. Remember when every choob was abusing super-knife?
    [IMG]https://i564.photobucke*****m/albums/ss89/JRendell21/Graphics/Flow-Signature.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    I like your idea. It makes it seem like the person downloading has to be honored to gain such a public hack.

However, there will always be lechers. This would obviously reduce it and become more of a payment of work to get what they want, which is a good thing considering different websites love to leech off of MPGH or developers to post their hacks onto MPGH for publicity.

I would suggest making it either 50, 75, or even 100. Spamming of course in different posts would be the only problem.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast