Thanks

The Problem with Abortion

I'm on the fence for how I view abortion right now, what's your opinion?

Only reply if you've watched the whole video and don't start a flame war just because someone has a differing opinion to you. If you're going to reply to someone, don't solely rely on feelings to make your argument.
    Last edited by Cohen; 08-19-2016 at 07:56 PM.

Thanks
    These were all opinions and personal feelings. The fact is abortion is a right, the fact we have the capability of giving abortions and even making good use of the aborted fetus (which we don't... so it's just a wasted life). There is no fathomable reason to disallow abortion, people have a responsibility as human beings to make their own life decisions. Especially when more than one person makes this choice. Arguing your personal feelings over the matter is irrelevant, whether or not the person is believed to have sane judgement is irrelevant. We give people with terminal illnesses the right to kill them selfs in some states. This is because we understand people have a right to choice to do with THEIR life as they see fit. So long as that baby is a byproduct of the man/women then THEY have a right to have it aborted.

This notion that abortion is ungodly, or every life has the potential for greatness so you might as well let the most genetically terrible lifeform exist, is simply unjust. People have the potential for greatness and nobody should be killing anybody. However an unborn fetus is still the same life as it's mother. So long as it's literally living because of her, it is apart of her body. She has a right to do with her body as she pleases, you have no right to judge her or make the claim her life could of been for the better despite her baby having down syndrome or whatever. This is simply pure bigotry, and this fight against abortion is why aborted fetuses are going to waste. If I want to have an abortion and have my fetus put to good use that could help another persons life, why the fuck shouldn't I be able to do that? I can donate my organs when I die, but I can't donate my fetuses embryo?

This is conservative logic, people are going to have to realize they can't make the choice of life or death for other people. It has to be an option for that person. That is what it means to have freedom, to make choices that aren't based on absolute certainty.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dab1996426 View Post
    These were all opinions and personal feelings. The fact is abortion is a right, the fact we have the capability of giving abortions and even making good use of the aborted fetus (which we don't... so it's just a wasted life). There is no fathomable reason to disallow abortion, people have a responsibility as human beings to make their own life decisions. Especially when more than one person makes this choice. Arguing your personal feelings over the matter is irrelevant, whether or not the person is believed to have sane judgement is irrelevant. We give people with terminal illnesses the right to kill them selfs in some states. This is because we understand people have a right to choice to do with THEIR life as they see fit. So long as that baby is a byproduct of the man/women then THEY have a right to have it aborted.

This notion that abortion is ungodly, or every life has the potential for greatness so you might as well let the most genetically terrible lifeform exist, is simply unjust. People have the potential for greatness and nobody should be killing anybody. However an unborn fetus is still the same life as it's mother. So long as it's literally living because of her, it is apart of her body. She has a right to do with her body as she pleases, you have no right to judge her or make the claim her life could of been for the better despite her baby having down syndrome or whatever. This is simply pure bigotry, and this fight against abortion is why aborted fetuses are going to waste. If I want to have an abortion and have my fetus put to good use that could help another persons life, why the fuck shouldn't I be able to do that? I can donate my organs when I die, but I can't donate my fetuses embryo?

This is conservative logic, people are going to have to realize they can't make the choice of life or death for other people. It has to be an option for that person. That is what it means to have freedom, to make choices that aren't based on absolute certainty.
    You make good points. I'm still on the fence about it overall but have always been pro-choice. It's the person who has the baby inside her's choice, and no-one else's; my or anyone else's opinion doesn't change that in the end, it just changes how we feel about it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cohen View Post

You make good points. I'm still on the fence about it overall but have always been pro-choice. It's the person who has the baby inside her's choice, and no-one else's; my or anyone else's opinion doesn't change that in the end, it just changes how we feel about it.
    It changes what we do with it and where you can get abortions, and what the requirements are.

All aborted fetuses like donating your organs, should have an option to go towards science/medical purposes. If people are going to have abortions, the least you can do is give them the option of putting their fetus to good use.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    the only thing that worries me is we might be killing some of the greatest minds in our life time
    but on the bright side we might be killing the next hitler

also i hate the women who use it as a "very late protection"
    Last edited by GunerLow; 08-19-2016 at 10:08 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    IMHO, it should be entirely upto a pregnant woman to make such a decision. It is her body. And she would have to live with that decision (if she choose to abort) for the rest of her life.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Gixxer For This Useful Post:

Confluency (08-20-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Abortion is probably one of the most difficult issues to be addressed.

I have no problem with the actual action of an abortion as long as both parents agree. But my problem is often times the male wants to keep the baby and the mother wants to abort it, and thats where I can't make up my mind.

Id say it happens vice versa also, but if the mom wants to keep it and the father abort it he should have no financial responsibility as it comes down to the mothers choice.

One of the few issues I truly can't have a definitive opinion on.
    Last edited by Confluency; 08-20-2016 at 11:02 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Confluency View Post
    Abortion is probably one of the most difficult issues to be addressed.

I have no problem with the actual action of an abortion as long as both parents agree. But my problem is often times the male wants to keep the baby and the mother wants to abort it, and thats where I can't make up my mind.

Id say it happens vice versa also, but if the mom wants to keep it and the father abort it he should have no financial responsibility as it comes down to the mothers choice.

One of the few issues I truly can't have a definitive opinion on.
    You can't force someone to get an abortion. That's what it comes down to.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    I don't know, A flight of stairs could prove useful here.

But In all honesty, Its almost selfish to have a kid now a days unless you are financially and mentally able to care for the child its whole life until it comes time to part ways. I understand it happens and such, But if the two parties involved cant care for the child there should be a option to dispose of it discretely and with out people shaming them because of old world values.

We should be thanking people who choose to get abortion's because they can't take care of the child. Do you know how many kids that can be adopted but aren't because its easier to fuck then to adopt? Also, the whole bloodline shit plays a big role as well with contributing to less people adopting. Having the option to do so helps out a great amount when you take into consideration the cost of raising the child (You or the government), quality of life, whether or not if the child will be a contributing member to whatever he/she choose's to do or becomes a strait up Mr/Mrs.RapeyMcStabbyChildEater, and last but not least, The ever growing list of birth defects and the %'s in which they can occur that will make them a forever Social Security Collector.

Short story, If you want it sucked out because you are not able to care for it, then you should have the option of "fast" or "extra fast" suction. Not Shame Salad. Go for it and thanks for thinking about your "soon to be" child's future and your own.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    This is useless. Who cares ? xD