Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Well this one realm I was in crashed and rolled back, so it's still possible to oryx dupe.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Matrix1101 View Post
    Well this one realm I was in crashed and rolled back, so it's still possible to oryx dupe.
    Never said it would be impossible, but it's going to get harder now that the protection is reconfiguring itself after the servers got new operating systems.

"There is no higher form of user validation than having customers support your product with their wallets." ~ Google

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Send long text packets that are wayy longer than the "limit", server still has to read them fully and handle the condition + send a response
    Atleast send the max length packet if having it go through successfully is required

Thanks
    Layer 4 amplification? I don't think you know what that actually means

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kushala Daora View Post
    This one was quite a nice find. Basically, whenever you send a text packet, the server processes each byte in the packet, then sends it out to each player, regardless if they have their star requirement up. (can't say the same about ignoring, since that is server side)

Here is a video demonstrating.

Basically, have tons of bots spam the text packet over and over, then finish off the server with tons of spellbombs. (The server processes 20 ServerShoot packets with each spellbomb, so 100 spellbombs x 20 = 2000 packets to process in less than a second...)

Amazons DDoS protection kicks in after a few crashes and renders the spam useless, meaning it gets auto patched.

This was the secret to realms crashing, the longer the server was alive and processing other players' text packets, the higher chance of a crash. This is why fuller realms were more likely to crash.

me and @einaras had fun while it lasted, soon all the servers will auto patch this, which means rip oryx dupe
    You sound like a HF seller advertising his booter

Are you just overloading the server by making it distribute a packet to the players? How does that make them "Attack Vectors"?
    And what do you mean by "Layer 4 Amplification"? Of course, those are some fancy words, but do you understand what they actually mean?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by nyaa~ View Post
    You sound like a HF seller advertising his booter
    Tee hee.
    And what do you mean by "Layer 4 Amplification"? Of course, those are some fancy words, but do you understand what they actually mean?
    Layer 4 = TCProtocol which is what rotmg uses to send and receive packets. Amplification is due to the fact that each player assists in the attack, making it stronger.
    Are you just overloading the server by making it distribute a packet to the players? How does that make them "Attack Vectors"?
    This is how the amplification factor works. For each player the server has to send out an additional packet. Since the server processes each packet, then sends out the packet a long with the text, more bandwidth consumption.

"There is no higher form of user validation than having customers support your product with their wallets." ~ Google

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kushala Daora For This Useful Post:

lolpot132 (08-29-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    hi, i wanted to talk to you for the longest time but mpgh doenst let me send a message -.-, would it be possible like any onther ddos attack that you use a DNS amplification to the server ip? i have many other idea's & i would like to get some help to get started with some of them.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by yentlXD View Post
    hi, i wanted to talk to you for the longest time but mpgh doenst let me send a message -.-, would it be possible like any onther ddos attack that you use a DNS amplification to the server ip? i have many other idea's & i would like to get some help to get started with some of them.
    DNS + NTP attack while the realm is shaking = Doop

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    DNS + NTP attack while the realm is shaking = Doop
    i think so to however i realy don't know how they have setup their servers, is there anyway how i can contact you privatly aka skyp or so?

Thanks
    Tee hee.

Layer 4 = TCProtocol which is what rotmg uses to send and receive packets. Amplification is due to the fact that each player assists in the attack, making it stronger.

This is how the amplification factor works. For each player the server has to send out an additional packet. Since the server processes each packet, then sends out the packet a long with the text, more bandwidth consumption.
    Thanks for a mature answer.
    Of course it's TCP

I would disagree with the usage of term attack vector, but that's just nitpicking.

Nice find.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12