So I'll be honest. I am a member of The Matrix Online EMU. The Matrix Online was a MMO that ran from 2005 to 2009. Since it's closure in 2009, the small but passionate community have spent it's time trying to re-open and re-create the world that we love. As of right now, we've been able to recreate the world and a few abilities (hyper-speed, hyper-jump etc.) We're also working on Inventory and other stuff. All of this is being done within the original framework of the game.

However, we want more control, we want to expand the world, build upon it, make it a successor to the original 2005-2009 run. Which is why we started porting the game over to the Unreal Engine 4. So far we've got the physical asset, the combat animation as well as other things ported over to UE4. However, our dev seem to have gotten stuck on the FX files.

We have the FX files working within the original game. There are sound, special effects, lighting, etc. Everything that the FX files control. From what the dev told me, the FX numbers that the original game uses does not work in UE4. He has the file format figured out, but not what the actual values in those files mean. He claims he would need either the ClientFX.dll, the uncompiled FX files (.fxl extensions) or even a file that the original developers used details the FX attributes.

I was wondering if you guys could help us, and if you need further information, please let me know.