Thanks

'Incorrect Portal Key'

Hey guys. Lately I've been using K-Relay + Nillys Client. Sometimes when I try to enter dungeons or recconect to a dungeon Ive been getting dc'ed with the error msg 'Incorrect Portal Key'. It happened to tinkerer twice, and only worked when i entered on the 3rd time. Also when someone opened an ice tomb I couldnt join it aswell. Any ideas? this is really bothering me

Thanks
    it just happened again to an ice tomb at nexus

Thanks
    I'm using Orape only.

When I tried to go to Oryx it gave me that twice.

Thanks
    Any ideas/ fixes?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twiple View Post
    Any ideas/ fixes?
    As of right now not sure.

I got this on Orape, you got this on Nillys and Krelay so it might be a bug in Deca's current code

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Heaven's Husband View Post
    As of right now not sure.

I got this on Orape, you got this on Nillys and Krelay so it might be a bug in Deca's current code
    Could be. I've experienced it before Deca while messing around with another proxy. It's only ever happened to me while running a proxy. My guess would be something's up with Krelay right now.

Thanks
    It doesnt let me join pet yard 'Incorrect Portal Key'.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twiple View Post
    It doesnt let me join pet yard 'Incorrect Portal Key'.
    Ive figured out what might be causing the issue for things like this. The post about not being able to go to Oryx Castle though sounds like a different problem entirely though.

Okay so lets say in k-relay you have your default server (in the actual GUI settings) set to USWest. You might enter the game and then change servers to your normal playing server using the "/con" or "/connect" command, and lets say you connect to USWest2. Everything will be working fine but say you get dc'd for a second, when you log back in you will actually be back in USWest but for some reason k-relay is still acting as if you are in USWest2, so if you try to enter the Pet Yard it will try to enter the pet yard on USWest2 but since you are actually on USWest it will tell you the portal key is incorrect. Im not sure why it does this, and this is just an educated guess at what is happening so i could be wrong. But the way ive found to fix the "Incorrect Portal Key" is to re-connect to whichever server you are on (or want to be on). So if you WERE on USWest2 but when you logged back in you were in USWest, if you "/con usw" and reconnect to uswest, then problem will go away. Or you can connect to whatever server you want and it will go away.

So TL;DR: if you enter the nexus and the server name below "Welcome to KRelay" is wrong (you are in USWest but it says USWest2 because you were there before you dc'd), you need to "/con" or "/connect" to whatever server you want to be on now (even if its the same server you are technically already on). Doing this has always fixed the "Incorrect Portal Key" issue for me.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toddddd For This Useful Post:

nosner (12-27-2016),pharoh (12-27-2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by toddddd View Post
    Ive figured out what might be causing the issue for things like this. The post about not being able to go to Oryx Castle though sounds like a different problem entirely though.

Okay so lets say in k-relay you have your default server (in the actual GUI settings) set to USWest. You might enter the game and then change servers to your normal playing server using the "/con" or "/connect" command, and lets say you connect to USWest2. Everything will be working fine but say you get dc'd for a second, when you log back in you will actually be back in USWest but for some reason k-relay is still acting as if you are in USWest2, so if you try to enter the Pet Yard it will try to enter the pet yard on USWest2 but since you are actually on USWest it will tell you the portal key is incorrect. Im not sure why it does this, and this is just an educated guess at what is happening so i could be wrong. But the way ive found to fix the "Incorrect Portal Key" is to re-connect to whichever server you are on (or want to be on). So if you WERE on USWest2 but when you logged back in you were in USWest, if you "/con usw" and reconnect to uswest, then problem will go away. Or you can connect to whatever server you want and it will go away.

So TL;DR: if you enter the nexus and the server name below "Welcome to KRelay" is wrong (you are in USWest but it says USWest2 because you were there before you dc'd), you need to "/con" or "/connect" to whatever server you want to be on now (even if its the same server you are technically already on). Doing this has always fixed the "Incorrect Portal Key" issue for me.
    Interesting. I've also been noticing weird interactions with server switching on krelay. Sometimes you can /recon to an old realm on another server, and also most times switching servers in krelay GUI doesn't work without a restart. I know Kronks is planning on releasing a NEW krelay which could improve in these areas.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bluuman View Post
    Interesting. I've also been noticing weird interactions with server switching on krelay. Sometimes you can /recon to an old realm on another server, and also most times switching servers in krelay GUI doesn't work without a restart. I know Kronks is planning on releasing a NEW krelay which could improve in these areas.
    I just released a fix/test fix to the version i released. As soon as it is approved i would recommend trying it out, it should get rid of all the "Incorrect Portal Key" problems and whatnot.