Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    I actually have this, just didn't know how to explain it...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaypah View Post
    I actually have this, just didn't know how to explain it...

brb i gotta take a dump

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Don't force yourself to do things that you don't enjoy; you'll be able to tell that you don't enjoy it if you can't do it without getting extremely bored or quitting. What's something you constantly do in your leisure time? I, for example, enjoy writing all day and helping my friends, which is something I've done my entire life. I also enjoy editing videos. Once Einstein said to his son in a letter to not folllow his dreams or set "goals" in his life, and instead, to just do the things which he already does, because those are the things which are for him, and he'll progress in them and prevail.

So if you're not in college yet but are planning it, I hope, choose a major filled with courses which you'll enjoy. My mom wanted me to become a nurse because it pays a lot and there's a lot of nurse jobs open, but I would be miserable working a job I'd hate, even if I got payed a lot, which is why I didn't take her suggestion. My intended bachelor was computer science & mathematics, and I only chose it because I thought it would be cool to become an amazing data scientist, security analyst, or software engineer, for example, but soon as I started taking courses, I realized that the field wasn't for me. I don't program in my spare time, so why should I study programming? Right now, I'm studying English and plan to go to law school, and it's been awesome for me because I actually enjoy it.

If you like writing poetry, you could even find a poetry-based major and become a freelance writer like me. There are music majors too, although I would recommend something a little more marketable because music is at the bottom of the list (unless you're good.) But anyway, don't force yourself to learn ASM if it's not for you. You'll do a million times better in something you enjoy.

Good luck,
    Alice Nykaza

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    Quote Originally Posted by redrag View Post
    Don't force yourself to do things that you don't enjoy; you'll be able to tell that you don't enjoy it if you can't do it without getting extremely bored or quitting. What's something you constantly do in your leisure time? I, for example, enjoy writing all day and helping my friends, which is something I've done my entire life. I also enjoy editing videos. Once Einstein said to his son in a letter to not folllow his dreams or set "goals" in his life, and instead, to just do the things which he already does, because those are the things which are for him, and he'll progress in them and prevail.

So if you're not in college yet but are planning it, I hope, choose a major filled with courses which you'll enjoy. My mom wanted me to become a nurse because it pays a lot and there's a lot of nurse jobs open, but I would be miserable working a job I'd hate, even if I got payed a lot, which is why I didn't take her suggestion. My intended bachelor was computer science & mathematics, and I only chose it because I thought it would be cool to become an amazing data scientist, security analyst, or software engineer, for example, but soon as I started taking courses, I realized that the field wasn't for me. I don't program in my spare time, so why should I study programming? Right now, I'm studying English and plan to go to law school, and it's been awesome for me because I actually enjoy it.

If you like writing poetry, you could even find a poetry-based major and become a freelance writer like me. There are music majors too, although I would recommend something a little more marketable because music is at the bottom of the list (unless you're good.) But anyway, don't force yourself to learn ASM if it's not for you. You'll do a million times better in something you enjoy.

Good luck,
    Alice Nykaza
    Yea, that basically happened to me with my current bachelor course. Anyhow, I enjoy lots of things and since I bought my first PC I always dreamed about it, I've always been a nerdy-looking teen and tbh I enjoyed that a lot. I enjoy coding and creating something new, also enjoy cracking programs as it's like a puzzle game. Everything art-related for me is more a way to enrich my life, I do have rock music and when I play the guitar, I also enjoy physics etc, point is I feel I have potential is just that I'm lazy, it's not like there's something that I did since I were little (except fuck around on my PC), most of my day goes by doing nothing at all, so yeah I'm kind of stuck here.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Me too lol, I am almost the same as you but I quit things when I really know how to do it lol. It still helps me but I would never improve it

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123