Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Overstock.com Refund Question

Has anyone refunded high value orders on overstock? I see $3000 limit on many refunders threads.

So I've purchased 3 gtx1080s and a beats solo3 wireless headset totalling $2950.

After placing the order, the next day I got a phone call asking for id verification. Theyre asking for a selfie of myself showing the back and front of my government issued ID. The overstock representative also asked me why im ordering 3 graphics cards as he is familiar with pc components. Also asked, why buy here and shipping to Canada. I just replied "a friend asked me to order for him and hes paying me back extra". Seems to me theyre already suspiscious of my order?

Now has anyone else gone through this? Has anyone gotten a full refund after doing this verification?

My gut is telling me fuck this overstock shit, but id like to hear from anyone else rn. Hopefully greed wont fuck me over lol.

Thanks
    They asked me same question my PayPal diff name then ID also just told them dunno I just made it like that lol but in the end they shipped it and I got it refunded already

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lod03 View Post
    They asked me same question my PayPal diff name then ID also just told them dunno I just made it like that lol but in the end they shipped it and I got it refunded already
    Oh thats good to hear, what did you order and how much did it cost around?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by potatoho View Post
    Oh thats good to hear, what did you order and how much did it cost around?
    refund was for $3k camera

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    You should be fine. They asked me for something similar even on a small order of $1000.

Thanks
    Lol, 4 items all missing.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Overstock is really over priced compared to other sites so I really hope you get a refund for all that

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    What excuse did you use? I'm from the UK and wondering if this process would work for me for one graphics card?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    So I've purchased 3 gtx1080s
    3-way SLI man?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Has anyone refunded high value orders on overstock? I see $3000 limit on many refunders threads.

So I've purchased 3 gtx1080s and a beats solo3 wireless headset totalling $2950.

After placing the order, the next day I got a phone call asking for id verification. Theyre asking for a selfie of myself showing the back and front of my government issued ID. The overstock representative also asked me why im ordering 3 graphics cards as he is familiar with pc components. Also asked, why buy here and shipping to Canada. I just replied "a friend asked me to order for him and hes paying me back extra". Seems to me theyre already suspiscious of my order?

Now has anyone else gone through this? Has anyone gotten a full refund after doing this verification?

My gut is telling me fuck this overstock shit, but id like to hear from anyone else rn. Hopefully greed wont fuck me over lol.

That would legitimately piss me the fuck off. What I buy is my business and no one else's. Could give two shits if he's familiar with it. It's seriously none of his fucking business. Like I'm getting pissed thinking about it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    You are safe !

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    3Way SLI was a perfect answer !

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    On a side note, anyone know what the best site might be for refunding a 1080?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Labia Minora View Post
    That would legitimately piss me the fuck off. What I buy is my business and no one else's. Could give two shits if he's familiar with it. It's seriously none of his fucking business. Like I'm getting pissed thinking about it.
    actually that is his job so it is his business that legitimate orders are being made.. meaning peoples identities are not stolen, also that they dont get scammed because they know they get scammed, therefore it is 100% their business... I dont understand how you think ordering 3 graphics cards is not fishy.. they have a system in place to bring things like that up for a reason.. including if billing address doesn't match shipping etc. I think you live in some lala world where companies dont have a clue about potential scams.

- - - Updated - - -

who did your refund?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dvlana View Post
    actually that is his job so it is his business that legitimate orders are being made.. meaning peoples identities are not stolen, also that they dont get scammed because they know they get scammed, therefore it is 100% their business... I dont understand how you think ordering 3 graphics cards is not fishy.. they have a system in place to bring things like that up for a reason.. including if billing address doesn't match shipping etc. I think you live in some lala world where companies dont have a clue about potential scams.

- - - Updated - - -

who did your refund?

this guy payed him 5%

https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread...1212749&page=8

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast