Thanks

People who exchange Bitcoin for PayPal, have your accounts ever been limited?

I have a Bitcoin service here but im starting to be a bit hesitant on using PayPal. I use a personal account and I'm going to start having more stock as I am personally investing more money into this.

But, is it safe to use PayPal? I know that most people who buy them are people who sell cracked accs, giftcards etc.... and these stuff are obviously illegal. A lot of these accounts are also not personal accounts and fake accounts bought (stealth etc....) thus increasing the risk for me to get limited even more.

I am starting to take more precautions, requesting proof of balance, even ID from some people.

I am going to more active in the market (my link is below) so if anyone needs a supplier, I am your guy but this is only for trusted users.

Any thoughts or advice from experienced exchangers is much appreciated.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by calvintyvm View Post
    I have a Bitcoin service here but im starting to be a bit hesitant on using PayPal. I use a personal account and I'm going to start having more stock as I am personally investing more money into this.

But, is it safe to use PayPal? I know that most people who buy them are people who sell cracked accs, giftcards etc.... and these stuff are obviously illegal. A lot of these accounts are also not personal accounts and fake accounts bought (stealth etc....) thus increasing the risk for me to get limited even more.

I am starting to take more precautions, requesting proof of balance, even ID from some people.

I am going to more active in the market (my link is below) so if anyone needs a supplier, I am your guy but this is only for trusted users.

Any thoughts or advice from experienced exchangers is much appreciated.
    @Boombox did 1-2K and never got limited, but that's not really a big amount. I've just been using localbitcoins (meet the person and buy or sell bitcoins to them,) have yet to get shanked..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinodor View Post
    @Boombox did 1-2K and never got limited, but that's not really a big amount. I've just been using localbitcoins (meet the person and buy or sell bitcoins to them,) have yet to get shanked..
    So all you do, say you want btc for your paypal, is go on localbitcoins, and buy it? That simple?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by SelfMadeSZN View Post
    So all you do, say you want btc for your paypal, is go on localbitcoins, and buy it? That simple?
    Yeah, I put up a buy offer for usually market price maybe less, but my sell price is like market + 150-200 dollars per bitcoin (B 1170, S 1350.) You'd think people wouldn't pay but they do, since it's cash -> bitcoin and not a card or anything (plus most of the people are first time buyers, don't know how to do card -> bitcoin.)

Thanks
    As long as you don't exceed ~10k within a short period of time and don't experience a bunch of sketchy payments/chargebacks you should be alright. Just make sure you don't store too much in your PayPal balance in case of a random limitation coming in.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    exchanged $500+ not yet limited, as long as you're verified with approved docs

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    You might be limited because some guys exchanges with stolen PP accounts and PP auto-limits you.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    I exchanged 50k in 6 months and got limited

Thanks
    if you accept payments as Goods & Services, you should have no issues. PayPal hates seeing you get 15 Friends & Family payments a day.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wot'N'Tarnation View Post
    if you accept payments as Goods & Services, you should have no issues. PayPal hates seeing you get 15 Friends & Family payments a day.
    Can confirm got myself banned

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Twice. Probably because I just go with Friends & Family payments to and from my regular buyers.

Thanks
    depends on amounts, if its a legit account u should have no worries though just don't say ur selling btc

Thanks
    You have to know who to trust and who not to trust.