Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Question Rare items through quest loading

If I load a quest that rewards a rare item in AQW using a bot, and receive that rare item from doing the quest, will I get banned?

The quest I am looking to complete is "Void Knight Deal" to receive the armor "Void of Nulgath (Rare)".

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Khazuto View Post
    Pretty Sure You Will.
    I'm looking for a more sure answer. Is there really no other way to know? I realize testing it on an alt wouldn't be a bad idea but thats extremely time consuming in this case, and would cost real money to buy the ACs for some items in the quest as well.

EDIT: Quest requires a member item as one of the requirements, I'd have to buy member too. No thanks.
    Last edited by Syzyos; 04-16-2017 at 03:24 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Syzyos View Post
    If I load a quest that rewards a rare item in AQW using a bot, and receive that rare item from doing the quest, will I get banned?

The quest I am looking to complete is "Void Knight Deal" to receive the armor "Void of Nulgath (Rare)".
    So you're asking if you attempt to complete a "rare" quest, aka not loadable normally, then you can't even complete it.

As for getting banned, you may/may not get banned for loading WAY BACK rare quests that are now traps,
    but you can't receive a ban for something you didn't complete

EDIT - Confused myself.. tl;dr
    "You can't be banned for loading old/restricted quests, AND you can't complete rare AND locked quests.
    It's a risk you take for even bothering with rares, so if you get banned, it's on your ass."
    Last edited by ImThrowingMyLifeAway; 04-16-2017 at 01:59 PM.
    Past Name(s):
    ImThrowingMyLifeAway

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ImThrowingMyLifeAway View Post
    So you're asking if you attempt to complete a "rare" quest, aka not loadable normally, then you can't even complete it.

As for getting banned, you may/may not get banned for loading WAY BACK rare quests that are now traps,
    but you can't receive a ban for something you didn't complete.

I must note to you that at the beginning of the quest description, there is a bit of text in parentheses that says (This quest will be deleted June 4, 2010)

Actually, here. A few screenshots will help you understand the quest in general, not just what I am describing.

https ://snag. gy /1gJKDT.jpg
    https ://snag. gy /X7Imku.jpg
    https ://snag. gy /7Ic4dC.jpg

Remove the spaces in the links, sorry for the inconvienience, as it says I am not allowed to post links.

Thanks
    Actually, here. A few screenshots will help you understand the quest in general, not just what I am describing.
    You're missing the point, the quest isn't supposed to be there,
    so it's more than likely locked so you can't complete it, like Nulgath's Gen 1 quests.
    Almost all quests are loadable, the thing is, rare ones are not there, at least not without a lock, sometimes with a rare requirement.
    Past Name(s):
    ImThrowingMyLifeAway

Thanks
    You're missing the point, the quest isn't supposed to be there,
    so it's more than likely locked so you can't complete it, like Nulgath's Gen 1 quests.
    Almost all quests are loadable, the thing is, rare ones are not there, at least not without a lock, sometimes with a rare requirement.
    It doesn't have a rare requirement. and it doesn't seem to have a lock. I have farmed / bought all of the items needed for completion. I'm just afraid that pressing that "turn in" button will send my account between the banhammer and a hard place. So, what I'm really asking is, if I press that button, what will happen? And if there is NO lock on that quest, and I get the item, what happens? Nothing? Everything bad? Something kinda bad? That's my question I'm trying to ask.

(edited for typos)
    Last edited by Syzyos; 04-16-2017 at 07:09 PM.

Thanks
    I already said it's a risk you're taking since you're cheating to get a rare item,
    no one knows because no one has gotten a rare item from a rare quest.

There isn't a yes, or a no.
    Past Name(s):
    ImThrowingMyLifeAway

Thanks
    It doesn't have a rare requirement. and it doesn't seem to have a lock. I have farmed / bought all of the items needed for completion. I'm just afraid that pressing that "turn in" button will send my account between the banhammer and a hard place. So, what I'm really asking is, if I press that button, what will happen? And if there is NO lock on that quest, and I get the item, what happens? Nothing? Everything bad? Something kinda bad? That's my question I'm trying to ask.
    I'm almost certain that you won't be banned unless a Staff member specially takes a look at your account which in most cases they won't. There have been many cases of players purchasing rare items via shops that have been long gone and nothing has ever happened to them.

However I don't think you will able to turn in the quest. A quest that has gone rare CANNOT be turned in.

Thanks
    Nope, nothing bad will happen. Loaded rare quests and finished them. Never got banned. Got the rare drops.

Quote Originally Posted by lungidance View Post
    However I don't think you will able to turn in the quest. A quest that has gone rare CANNOT be turned in.
    You can turn it in and get the drops, even if its rare.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kingsmin View Post
    Nope, nothing bad will happen. Loaded rare quests and finished them. Never got banned. Got the rare drops.

Point has been made, it's just doing a quest, they don't even hunt u unless reported and your account isn't in the same generation as the quest, but they won't manhunt you for it because AE is lazy as fuck.
    Past Name(s):
    ImThrowingMyLifeAway

Thanks
    Here's something to get you to calm down https://imgur.com/a/bqGfA
    The armor I'm using is Ringmaster Zazul, dropped from the quest.

but they won't manhunt you for it because AE is lazy as fuck.
    Yep,and if I'm correct nobody got banned or anything with the "Free LightCaster" I know this isnt a drop from a quest but its still ac tagged yet nothing happened... LAAZZYY

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Here's something to get you to calm down https://imgur.com/a/bqGfA
    [...]
    Well you're a little TOO calm. AE browses these forums from time to time. Take this down before they ban you.
    I have NO outside contact. Beware of impostors.

Don't thank me, just hit thanks.

Thanks

I tried turning it in, and the "turn in" button stays green, and the quest wont complete. Any fix?

Thanks
    I wouldnt want to continue in derailing the current topic in this thread. Check your visitors message

-------------Update-------------

Wait do you mean the Void Knight Deal quest or mine? lol sorry
    Last edited by kingsmin; 04-26-2017 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Wait

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast