View Poll Results: POST A RULE AGAINST CHOOBS?

Voters
21. This poll is closed
  • YES! I'm tired to choobs!

11 52.38%
  • NO! This is MPGH after all!

4 19.05%
  • Ughh... IDK?

6 28.57%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    omg dontsassme is here!
    FREE VIP!!!

[IMG]https://i656.photobucke*****m/albums/uu290/theexploited1/dontsassme.jpg[/IMG]
    Credit to theexploited1 for making the sig pic :P

Quote Originally Posted by GOD View Post
    Dave doesn't care about yall.. all he cares about is food FOOD FOOD CAKEEESSSS
    YOU GET LAID @ MPGH
    Quote Originally Posted by ilo67 View Post
    I have this new hack but I can't release it cause I dont have it.
    If you have any questions you can PM me, I'll be quick to respond. I will also TV if you have some hacking issues.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDot View Post
    :O

Omg. Czar is here! [Inspiration]

Idk. The mods won't do anything about it.

And I was just posting down an idea so yeah. >.>
    This idea has come up multiple times before. Basically everybody agreed that if we introduced a minimum post requirement spam would increase far too much.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Czar View Post

This idea has come up multiple times before. Basically everybody agreed that if we introduced a minimum post requirement spam would increase far too much.

eoig4pg
    FREE VIP!!!

[IMG]https://i656.photobucke*****m/albums/uu290/theexploited1/dontsassme.jpg[/IMG]
    Credit to theexploited1 for making the sig pic :P

Dave doesn't care about yall.. all he cares about is food FOOD FOOD CAKEEESSSS
    YOU GET LAID @ MPGH
    Quote Originally Posted by ilo67 View Post
    I have this new hack but I can't release it cause I dont have it.
    If you have any questions you can PM me, I'll be quick to respond. I will also TV if you have some hacking issues.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    hrrrmmm
    Spam would increase to meet the limit and then the guy would stop posting O.o
    [YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/aLgJQukoFFk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/aLgJQukoFFk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

RAINBOWS
    [IMG]https://i23.photobucke*****m/albums/b385/Orision/colorbar3wd.gif[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by dontsassme View Post
    omg dontsassme is here!
    OMG YAY PARTY

Spam would dramatically increase...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    i agree there should atleast be a rule on hacks download its annoying how they leach and get the hacks patched 5 times faster
    add me on psn ---> vlackops

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    The hacks will get patched anyway, it usually only takes 1 day for an adless hack to spread across the internet

Thanks
    my advice:

do not use the word"choob" or newphag or oldphag or anything the internet may teach you

Thanks
    That's fucking stupid. Like I've stated before, choob is a forum rank. And the fact that they have less posts does not mean they contribute less or are less experienced than any other member. A H4X0r member has just as much potential to be a dumbass as a choob. All higher forum rank means is more posts. Whether those posts be useless bullshit or helpful contributions, no one knows. Take Sleepercell for example, he is probably one of the best modders here. I don't think anyone else besides him has actually managed to manipulate the structure of the rez files. If you look at his lightsaber modpack, all his mods are inside texturescripts.rez and he has actually added folders and files to the rez itself, something not actually accomplishable by just taking a file and putting it in rezinject, which is what the rest of the community that are even considered "pro" by most do.

I hate those that throw around "choob" as if it were an insult or something, because all it is, is a forum rank. Calling someone a choob is not degrading, and it does not mean you're more of a "pro" than them at all. It just means you make more posts. Half the people on here even with 100+ posts have useless bullshit like "omg nais rls men" to boost their post count. I'm against the idea of forum ranks at all, it leads to bullshit like this and does not contribute positively to the community in any way. If anything we should get RID of forum ranks so people stop discriminating that just because someone forum rank is "choob" what they say is now useless and invalidated.

As for how the forum is managed, I have a few suggestions:
    -Remove the requirement for a virus scan on anything except infectable files (rez files, DTX files, LTB files cannot be infected. exes, dlls, bats can easily be infected)
    -Remove the requirement for approvement of attachments, speeds things up a lot. Viruses can be detected easily since you require virus scans already, so what's the point of approvements?
    -Releasing of hacks that are leeched MUST be credited and have ads removed, otherwise the releaser gets a temp ban. (The releaser may be trying to help, but ultimately he wants people to thank him and stuff and give him some sort of credit for posting it, however he deserves none if he did not make the hack)
    -Disallow the release of fucking useless model mods, like M16-M4 or something, anyone with half a brain can easily read the tut and do it themselves. All you're doing with these useless model releases is making people more leech-y and more lazy. Texture mods are different since not everyone has photoshop skills.

And just a general advice to the community: RELEASE INJECTABLES! All you're doing by releasing full fucking rez files is promoting leeching. Or making me do more work to extract your rez, get the file I want, re-inject into mine as not to lose my original mods.

As for trying to make people contribute, that is impossible. If they wish to join simply for some free hacks you can't stop them, you put a post requirement they'll simply spam them til they reach it. Your best hope is that they will be an active member and contribute to the forums but you cannot force them.
    Last edited by iamSTEVE; 03-14-2010 at 11:17 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to iamSTEVE For This Useful Post:

iEatCatz (03-15-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    I'm pretty sure if we didn't have the approval and virus scan thing idiot choobs would just get viruses and advertise more and then try and sue mpgh for ruining their computer or some shit even though it was entirely their fault

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iamSTEVE View Post
    That's fucking stupid. Like I've stated before, choob is a forum rank. And the fact that they have less posts does not mean they contribute less or are less experienced than any other member. A H4X0r member has just as much potential to be a dumbass as a choob. All higher forum rank means is more posts. Whether those posts be useless bullshit or helpful contributions, no one knows. Take Sleepercell for example, he is probably one of the best modders here. I don't think anyone else besides him has actually managed to manipulate the structure of the rez files. If you look at his lightsaber modpack, all his mods are inside texturescripts.rez and he has actually added folders and files to the rez itself, something not actually accomplishable by just taking a file and putting it in rezinject, which is what the rest of the community that are even considered "pro" by most do.

I hate those that throw around "choob" as if it were an insult or something, because all it is, is a forum rank. Calling someone a choob is not degrading, and it does not mean you're more of a "pro" than them at all. It just means you make more posts. Half the people on here even with 100+ posts have useless bullshit like "omg nais rls men" to boost their post count. I'm against the idea of forum ranks at all, it leads to bullshit like this and does not contribute positively to the community in any way. If anything we should get RID of forum ranks so people stop discriminating that just because someone forum rank is "choob" what they say is now useless and invalidated.

As for how the forum is managed, I have a few suggestions:
    -Remove the requirement for a virus scan on anything except infectable files (rez files, DTX files, LTB files cannot be infected. exes, dlls, bats can easily be infected)
    -Remove the requirement for approvement of attachments, speeds things up a lot. Viruses can be detected easily since you require virus scans already, so what's the point of approvements?
    -Releasing of hacks that are leeched MUST be credited and have ads removed, otherwise the releaser gets a temp ban. (The releaser may be trying to help, but ultimately he wants people to thank him and stuff and give him some sort of credit for posting it, however he deserves none if he did not make the hack)
    -Disallow the release of fucking useless model mods, like M16-M4 or something, anyone with half a brain can easily read the tut and do it themselves. All you're doing with these useless model releases is making people more leech-y and more lazy. Texture mods are different since not everyone has photoshop skills.

And just a general advice to the community: RELEASE INJECTABLES! All you're doing by releasing full fucking rez files is promoting leeching. Or making me do more work to extract your rez, get the file I want, re-inject into mine as not to lose my original mods.

As for trying to make people contribute, that is impossible. If they wish to join simply for some free hacks you can't stop them, you put a post requirement they'll simply spam them til they reach it. Your best hope is that they will be an active member and contribute to the forums but you cannot force them.
    Was 5 paragraphs and a list needed?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    I think he should have bolded the important parts so I didn't just skim

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sosodistinct View Post
    Was 5 paragraphs and a list needed?
    Yes, it was.
    I'm surprised you did not tl;dr it.
    But actually nvm about the approval, I guess that's actually good just for the ads thing. And if dumbasses download viruses even when the virus scan says "o look omg virus" then they deserve it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by iEatCatz View Post
    teehee.
    Howsabout 400000000000000000000 posts to post in general
    Im getting close

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Obama For This Useful Post:

iEatCatz (03-15-2010)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iamSTEVE View Post
    Yes, it was.
    I'm surprised you did not tl;dr it.
    But actually nvm about the approval, I guess that's actually good just for the ads thing. And if dumbasses download viruses even when the virus scan says "o look omg virus" then they deserve it.
    I did read it, I agree with you, but it was TOOOOO LONG(thats what she said) and most viruses are false postives in the hack section, and a lot of people are ignorant to the fact that free pubs and crap=more VIP users.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast