Thanks

RoTMG client and k-relay documentation

I'm trying to understand the game mechanics (mostly for curiosity), and I need help on three different levels.

1. The client
    I've decompiled the official client but its a giant spaghetti code that I don't want to spend days to parse. Has there been any post giving a summary/documentation of how the client code is organized?

2. Packet structure
    One thing I'm particularly interested in is the packet structures. The relevant section in the k-relay documentation was left empty. Googled a bit but couldn't find anything similar. Anyone has a pointer to it?

3. The server
    Ofc the (latest) server code isn't accessible to us. But I've always wondered what checks does the server do to catch cheats. Why wouldn't the server disconnect you at the first instant when you are hit by e.g. armor broken bullet (if you have debuff on)? If you can 'fool' the server into thinking that you didn't get hit by that, can you not use the same trick for all other bullets? It sounds like you would at least be able to go godmode for a few seconds before disconnecting.

Thanks
    Everything you ask has been answered already on these forums. Just do a search and read though some topics.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Those that know about what you're asking are pretty much the only ones that care about it, so making any documentation is more or less a waste of time.

But as @toddddd said, the mpgh search bar will help you find what you need. Everything has been gone over in one post or another over the years.
    Last edited by Kushala Daora; 05-02-2017 at 11:34 PM.

"There is no higher form of user validation than having customers support your product with their wallets." ~ Google

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kushala Daora For This Useful Post:

toddddd (05-03-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by toddddd View Post
    Everything you ask has been answered already on these forums. Just do a search and read though some topics.
    I'm sure everything is on the forum in certain forms, but the challenge is that the info is so decentralized and its hard for any noob to get hold of it without reading hundreds of posts over the years. How should I even get started?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to fungng For This Useful Post:

Kushala Daora (05-03-2017)

On the top of the mountain called: SE Mountain
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Worried
    Quote Originally Posted by fungng View Post
    I'm sure everything is on the forum in certain forms, but the challenge is that the info is so decentralized and its hard for any noob to get hold of it without reading hundreds of posts over the years. How should I even get started?
    for the effect some are called server-side and some are call client-side.The debuff from the client side can be changed without being disconnect.But for the server-side,the plugin or client are just trying to tell the server that the server is wrong,so you wont get the affect for a short time.But the server will become smart if u keep fooling him.Just like no quiet in oryx.You wil always take quiet bullet in oryx.The first time you successfully fool the server.2nd time also.But 3rd time the server is smaet and find out sth sttrange.So you will disconnect.For godmode,i think is impossible now because the sever will calculate all the damage itself without receive the cclient saying:I take damage.(My opinion).So is impossible.But you may ask.Why autonexus can save you even my hp is 0/negative.Becuase some autonexus will predict the damage you taken and send a packet to sever to back nexus before you really die.

For packet structure.Run K-Relay click on packet,you can see all the structure.Or you download the code from ****** and look into the packetsstructure.xml?(i dont remember)and you can find what u want.But i suggest u just run k-relay to look at it.Is much easier.

for the client.I dont know anything in flash sorry.But you can just try viewing the fourm and learn how to find your own resources

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by fungng View Post
    I'm trying to understand the game mechanics (mostly for curiosity), and I need help on three different levels.

1. The client
    I've decompiled the official client but its a giant spaghetti code that I don't want to spend days to parse. Has there been any post giving a summary/documentation of how the client code is organized?

2. Packet structure
    One thing I'm particularly interested in is the packet structures. The relevant section in the k-relay documentation was left empty. Googled a bit but couldn't find anything similar. Anyone has a pointer to it?

3. The server
    Ofc the (latest) server code isn't accessible to us. But I've always wondered what checks does the server do to catch cheats. Why wouldn't the server disconnect you at the first instant when you are hit by e.g. armor broken bullet (if you have debuff on)? If you can 'fool' the server into thinking that you didn't get hit by that, can you not use the same trick for all other bullets? It sounds like you would at least be able to go godmode for a few seconds before disconnecting.
    I assume you know coding.
    Go ****** and search "ROTMG client"
    people have already clean client. They cleaned up client so it can actually compile. (but may be outdated)