Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

Apple Refund Email

So we just received the "We're refunding your items." email from Apple.

My questions is: does this guarantee a refund? Is there anyone here that received this email but encountered problems and never got their money back? I asked because I received this email on Monday and then on Tuesday I inquired about the status of the refund and the chat rep said a full credit was issued to my Paypal but it is still pending and has not cleared. He also said that a "shipping investigation" is ongoing.

Wherever the wind of life decides to takes me, for instance, my parent's basement right now.
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Almost always but wait until it hits the bank

Thanks
    Relax, wait and you'll be refunded. I mean it's tuesday now... meaning you just got it yesterday.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by clanix View Post

My questions is: does this guarantee a refund? Is there anyone here that received this email but encountered problems and never got their money back? I asked because I received this email on Monday and then on Tuesday I inquired about the status of the refund and the chat rep said a full credit was issued to my Paypal but it is still pending and has not cleared. He also said that a "shipping investigation" is ongoing.
    you did your refund? your self or a refunder here on MPGH?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    It never happens instantly... you could have googled this.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Usually takes 3-5 business days (does not include weekends).

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    It takes up to 5 working days but usually comes in 2

Thanks
    I would wait till u do anything with the macbook or whatever u got. With BANK of America takes 4 bussines days. from my previous refund i did myself.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    I did it myself using the empty box method. I think I screwed up a little bit when I followed up and the chat rep I spoke with processed a return. He wanted me to send in the white box with the accessories inside. Fedex came the next day I did not answer and the guy left. I also ignored two 512 calls. I was ready to accept the fact that it was a failed refund and I would have to come up with an excuse and return. But came Monday and I received the refund confirmation email! Just chatted back and the funds were released so I'm just waiting for it to appear on my Paypal.

Lesson learned: Do not call or make any follow up after you reported the empty box as some reps may slow down the process. Also ignore any courier and 512 calls. The refund email will come regardless.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    I did it myself using the empty box method. I think I screwed up a little bit when I followed up and the chat rep I spoke with processed a return. He wanted me to send in the white box with the accessories inside. Fedex came the next day I did not answer and the guy left. I also ignored two 512 calls. I was ready to accept the fact that it was a failed refund and I would have to come up with an excuse and return. But came Monday and I received the refund confirmation email! Just chatted back and the funds were released so I'm just waiting for it to appear on my Paypal.

Lesson learned: Do not call or make any follow up after you reported the empty box as some reps may slow down the process. Also ignore any courier and 512 calls. The refund email will come regardless.
    You may or may not get an email a few weeks later asking about the return on items, just disregard it.

Thanks
    He wanted me to send in the white box with the accessories inside. Fedex came the next day I did not answer and the guy left.
    So, the FEDEX guy came to your house because he was taking back the accessories or because the "empty box" thing?

Thanks
    How long did it take to receive the refund email?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

ALWAYS wait for the refund to appear back in your account.

Thanks
    LOL YOU SAID THAT THE BOX CAME WITHOUT THE MACBOOK INSIDE???? AHAHAH THATS NOT HOW YOU REFUND APPLE BUT GG NICE WORK IF IT WORKED FOR YA AHAHAHAH

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed

you will be fine. Refunds aren't instant. except if you use a gift card. Otherwise, it takes time for it to appear in your payment method type. it can take 2-10 business days. If you dont see it within 2 weeks. then, I would call apple and they will give you a reference number to give to your pay-pal. you call your paypal and they can find out when the estimated time funds will become available.
    Last edited by bdog21; 05-12-2017 at 06:41 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast