Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty

So Im finally done and don't know where to start...

I finished debugging my console menu. It seems to work fine. As far as I can tell at least, however I think it is sturdy enough to begin building in the D3D. Here is how I was planning to do it:

Much like my console menu uses cout I was planning to develop a kind of D3D printing class that would automatically handle spacing, new lines, colors, etc.

The Print class would be like the interface between my menu and D3D. You would pass it a pointer to the D3DDevice and it would create an array of different fonts to choose from that can be selected by passing the font type ("arial", "Times New Roman", etc.) as an argument as well as a color argument

DPrint::Println("what to print","font", color); //would print a line and then drop down to next line

DPrint::Print("what to print","font", color, y, x); // will print at which ever y and x coordinate
    //if you do not specify x it will draw at current x value set. same for not setting y

... also thinking of adding some more functions, like box drawing etc.

Anyway that's what Im thinking about now. I will make the class and start experimenting on a D3D9 environment. If anyone has any suggestion or advice I would appreciate it. Or even features I could add in a later release.

I am going to finish this. I already have 750 lines of code written, but hopefully sometime soon I can actually demonstrate a successful conversion to D3D.

Well with that out of the way. I am releasing the console menu now. It is full working code. I know most of you won't be interested till I get the D3D finished. Im not really too afraid of getting my code jacked. Since most noobs couldn't figure out how to convert this to D3D. If your interested take a look. Any criticism is welcome. Im not going to explain everything yet as that would take a while, so Im putting off a formal explanation till my final release.
    Last edited by why06; 03-22-2010 at 02:58 PM.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to why06 For This Useful Post:

Retoxified (03-22-2010),Void (03-22-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    i dont think Dprint would handle that? like, its for the d3d , but i could br wrong

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Quote Originally Posted by D3Dh0oker View Post
    i dont think Dprint would handle that? like, its for the d3d , but i could br wrong
    Hello there. Well it's my class so I can make it handle whatever I want.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    WHAT TEH FUCK ALL MY POSTS ARE DISAPPEARING >:C

"gj why looks sexy! good luck with d3d"