Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Yea but you got the items so can you give them to me then since you banned him... Or return them to him if not you scammed him, because it was not his fault I accidental confused the life with my wis...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ManKindGaming View Post
    Yea but you got the items so can you give them to me then since you banned him... Or return them to him if not you scammed him, because it was not his fault I accidental confused the life with my wis...
    Its all sorted now, no need to continue. I refunded him fully, except for the stuff you drank. Also, try fooling me next time that you thought it was wis. If you are saying the truth, then you seriously need a better monitor or just some glasses
    Don't be mad, just competitive banter

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by InfernapeRotMG View Post

Its all sorted now, no need to continue. I refunded him fully, except for the stuff you drank. Also, try fooling me next time that you thought it was wis. If you are saying the truth, then you seriously need a better monitor or just some glasses
    Don't be mad, just competitive banter
    I was hitting my hotkeys cause I just had ran some labs, and i wanted to drink my pots I just glanced then hit all of my inv keys.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    can this thread just be closed before some show-off runs along and posts how to remove password encryption and tons of people get hacked (not saying OP would do it, just saying, anyone can view this thread and see how to do it if someone replies how)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Riigged For This Useful Post:

Devwarlt (08-03-2017)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Riigged View Post
    can this thread just be closed before some show-off runs along and posts how to remove password encryption and tons of people get hacked (not saying OP would do it, just saying, anyone can view this thread and see how to do it if someone replies how)
    Unfortunately, we couldn't explain how to decrypt that easy encryption of password.

As Mike said, it's using a SHA-1 hash function to encrypt data and format a single string to complex string. However, the main purpose of encryption is do not get visible for nobody to see what is the meaning of original information or even what is behind complex data.

You can do it using reverse engineering software or online app to break protection and undo encryption. That is all for now.

Do you need help or support in your RotMG Private Server? I could help you, leave a private message to me, contact bellow:

https://******.com/Devwarlt

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Devwarlt View Post
    Unfortunately, we couldn't explain how to decrypt that easy encryption of password.

As Mike said, it's using a SHA-1 hash function to encrypt data and format a single string to complex string. However, the main purpose of encryption is do not get visible for nobody to see what is the meaning of original information or even what is behind complex data.

You can do it using reverse engineering software or online app to break protection and undo encryption. That is all for now.
    you can make it so when a user registers their account it stores their password as plain text in db instead of wrapping it in sha1, thats what op is asking how to do
    its done in the db project, not saying which exact file though.

Thanks
    I tried adding Mike's forgot password feature, but that didn't work either. Its all good, just that a few users lost their account and I can't do anything to replace it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by InfernapeRotMG View Post
    I tried adding Mike's forgot password feature, but that didn't work either. Its all good, just that a few users lost their account and I can't do anything to replace it.
    You're showing their accounts right there aren't you? Why not just change their passwords to something like 12345, and then private message them to log in? All you have to do is hash the password you want, and replace the one on their account with it.
    Last edited by Invader_Zim; 08-04-2017 at 06:58 AM.

My weapon is a backpack.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Invader_Zim View Post
    You're showing their accounts right there aren't you? Why not just change their passwords to something like 12345, and then private message them to log in? All you have to do is hash the password you want, and replace the one on their account with it.
    exactly, make an account with a specific password like "12345", then when someone loses acc, go to the test account you made in db, copy the pw hash, go to the acc that user forgot pw of, replace hashes, tell user to log in with new pw as "12345" then they should be able to change it themselves once inside

Thanks
    thats too sketchy to tell u this things.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

Lightbulb

Run one of these SQL query parameters in your database to update their account's password:
    Code:
    To update account's password to username:
    UPDATE `accounts` SET `accounts`.`password` = SHA1(`accounts`.`uuid`);

To update account's password to string "12345":
    UPDATE `accounts` SET `accounts`.`password` = SHA1('12345');
    - - - Updated - - -

Make sure to select database after all, e.g.:
    Code:
    USE `rotmgprod`;
    Last edited by Devwarlt; 08-04-2017 at 06:07 PM.

Do you need help or support in your RotMG Private Server? I could help you, leave a private message to me, contact bellow:

https://******.com/Devwarlt

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Riigged View Post
    exactly, make an account with a specific password like "12345", then when someone loses acc, go to the test account you made in db, copy the pw hash, go to the acc that user forgot pw of, replace hashes, tell user to log in with new pw as "12345" then they should be able to change it themselves once inside
    Ahh, thanks man. @Ahlwong please close, problem solved thanks to @Riigged.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12