Thread: Learning.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy

Post Learning.

I'm currently at a highschool based on informatic data/ programming analyzing, basically coding.
    In my first year I learnt HTML.
    I have two more years, this one and one more.
    After HTML they are teaching us C, C++, C#.
    I know C/++/# has a lot of fucking libraries and you can do literally anything with it but I really want to know especially what's the best things or required things to know to do with these languages for a job.
    I'm going to pursue on a university as they don't teach us that much even though it's a special highschool just for that.
    It's the basic and a little advanced stuff.
    If I start a language I'd like to master it just like I did with HTML, so another question would be, where can I find some free e-books for C, C++ or C#?
    Pretty good advices I suppose.

You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Well, first of all HTML isn't a programming language so you shouldn't look at it the same way as these, it's a markup language.

Second of all, with all due respect, you should get your head out of your ass. You haven't "mastered" HTML (it's rare to master a language), and you surely will NOT master C++. People have been coding in C++ for years and aren't "masters". (You probably won't be delving deep into C++ anyways in that class, it's likely you won't even cover pointers).

Now, as for resources there's tons for all of those languages, but here's a good one. Pretty much the most popular resource for it out there.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    Well, first of all HTML isn't a programming language so you shouldn't look at it the same way as these, it's a markup language.

Second of all, with all due respect, you should get your head out of your ass. You haven't "mastered" HTML (it's rare to master a language), and you surely will NOT master C++. People have been coding in C++ for years and aren't "masters". (You probably won't be delving deep into C++ anyways in that class, it's likely you won't even cover pointers).

Now, as for resources there's tons for all of those languages, but here's a good one. Pretty much the most popular resource for it out there.
    I know HTML ain't a programming language, and that's why they start off with HTML because it's the easiest, well the basics.
    I'm not saying "master" like knowing all the single library and module of C++.
    I meant "master" in the way of being able to be versatile and flexible with the language at a job.
    But thanks for the reply anyways.
    Pretty good advices I suppose.

Thanks
    Start with C# or Java/PHP. Will point you out to a good direction.