Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

OpenGL With DirectX

I know this is gonna sound stupid, but is it possible to use OpenGL Functions, using OpenGL Headers and Libraries, on a DirectX game? Not calling me an "idiot", or "stupid noob, go learn dx somewhere else" would be highly appreciated. Thanks

[IMG]https://i931.photobucke*****m/albums/ad158/kronus980/bg_logo.png[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    I would post this in the programming section.
    People in General don't have the first idea on how to hack except a select few. :/

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    To put it simple. Don't do it, especially not for calculations since they have different methods for mapping polys, even at the essential basics these two things are different.
    ~
    One is most certainly not like the other.
    "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first." John 15:18

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    But is it possible? Like to put chams, with OpenGL, in SF, would it be possible?

[IMG]https://i931.photobucke*****m/albums/ad158/kronus980/bg_logo.png[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    99% sure you can't.

BRING BACK BT, BRING BACK SAGA, BRING BACK VF, BRING BACK MPGHCRAFT, BRING BACK HABAMON

6. The Following User Says Thank You to arunforce For This Useful Post:

Arhk (04-23-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Ty I didn't feel like repeating myself.
    ~
    Nothing explicitly saying you can't, just don't because OpenGL and D3D are different is the bottom line. Comparing two different graphic bases like this is like comparing two different languages. It would be complex, tedious, and processor intensive transferring OpenGL and D3D objects, like converting VB into Java back and forth for lack of a better example. The bottom line is, it's not like the two are made to support eachother in anyway shape or form so it's only natural that they don't, so in order to get them to do so you'd have to jump through hoops and loops at a low level since they handle things differently at a low level.
    Last edited by Arhk; 04-24-2010 at 12:52 AM.
    "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first." John 15:18

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Arhk For This Useful Post:

why06 (04-23-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    It's possible. A royal PITA, but possible. It would be quite similar to puttin the glove in ur right hand to catch a ball... may sound like a good idea at first, but it quickly gets really fkin stupid really quick.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    thats like running android on an iphone dude….
    oh wait?