Thanks

Question for hack coders/hackers/people that experiment a lot - Regarding FT Cabin.

I played a lot of Fireteam Cabin games, well not more than the "pro's" but i've played around 400 games.

Things i've analized:
    1. Fireteam gives MORE exp if you play on extreme with 4 players and die in round 2 or 3 with 10-20k Points than playing 10 minutes + with 8 players just to get 100% more exp.
    2. If you play alone, you get tons of Exp in the first rounds.

Regarding the second conclusion, a question that's really important to me, and maybe to others as well, is is there any way to fool the client into thinking that you have 4 players and start the game alone? I assume that there is no server check for the amount of players, because you can start the game with 4 players, and they can all DC in the loading, the game still works with you solo. I think that the check is client side, and i'd like some of the smart people here to think about this if you find it interesting

I tried to start a game by making/entering a room, Cutting the connecting, pressing start. Of course this doesn't work, because the game requires some server data to start the game.

1.If this is client side, maybe something can be changed in the memory? I'm really no good with bypassing protections and finding out how to change the client function.

2.As the host of the game, maybe a packet can be sent to the server with a 3rd party packet sniffer saying to the server that you are starting the game with 4 players, even if you're not.

Why is this of any importance at all? If you can play FT Cabin solo, it's not only MUCH more fun and challenging, but also gives you around 4-8 times faster exp, if not more, plus no waiting between games. Plus you get to practice it so much that you can become a serious cabin pro.

Please post some meaningful replies One word comments wouldn't be of much assistance, if you like you can reply with opinions, ideas, possible solutions... would be appreciated.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to revolutioner For This Useful Post:

MissRandomSpam (05-09-2010),oksu123 (05-09-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    I already knew that, but thanks for sharing
    /Moved
    -Rest in peace leechers-

Your PM box is 100% full.

Thanks
    thanks for the info i didnt know that
    i dont play cabin fever tho..

Thanks
    this is ussefull .

Sitting in my cave full of thoughts learning Asembly
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold
    But wouldnt you get the EXP for 4 players then (i mean that you still get the same ammount of exp becouse the server gives you that much EXP that you have players )

Thanks
    Thanks for moving the thread, Hejsan, i wondered which was the right section... as there is a sort of 'serious' hacking question involved. And don't get me wrong, even though it's my pleasure if someone finds the information useful, i knew it for a long time as well and i just wanted to explain why Single Player playing would be so superior in fun and most likely rewards too. It wouldn't really be detected as a hack and unless you used cheats in the game it wouldn't be something to get banned for.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring
    I have made this many times with my CLAN.
    And we did like, we take 2 from my clan and 1 random guy, then kick him.
    Then 2 guys leave and im alone. :--D
    Then just start telekilling . 8)
    [ Useless space ]

Thanks
    Well, i guess you can do it like that, too, but it's not the easiest solution for everyone, and it requires more people to assist you every time.

It would all be much easier and faster if they at least added a 4 player selection for FT! Otherwise, it's hard to get only 4 unless you're an Elite moderator, and even then... people just don't wanna play without 8, and no matter that you CONVINCE them that the exp is up to even 15 times faster, they just... they wanna "pass" the cabin For what? The hat and ~400 exp per avg player? It takes far too long to pay off... and most of the times you die with 8... they just block other people The whole building is made for 6 people maximum.
    Last edited by revolutioner; 05-10-2010 at 04:54 AM. Reason: Added some text