View Poll Results: Who thinks religion is a bad thing?

Voters
52. This poll is closed
  • I do

28 53.85%
  • I don't

24 46.15%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Confused
    how you know god is real you dont i dont belive in any thing that theres no proof and that book you read is not proof some one could have wrote itand how you know god made it answer that you cant so there is no god

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by Superpunt View Post
    The chance of a planet with life based on water still remains higher. And could still be in a form unlike we've ever seen. At least 3 different possibilities.
    And the life on Titan is still based on water. The water creates acetylene, which could be used as food for bacteria. These bacteria would then create the methane and ethane from your article.

Google BerichtGoogle translated sorry.
    Life on other planets? op MSN Video
    The water on titan is frozen so I would reason that any acetylene that does form wouldn't do so in high enough quantities to support a large population and without a relatively large population detecting life will be difficult. I'm not arguing that we can easily find life that doesn't depend it's existence in some way on water, you were making the assertion that life cannot form without water and the correct responses to that claim is that life that we're used to cannot be formed without water. This is similar to the debate on whether life needs to be carbon based in which alternatives like silicon have been proposed.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by hhhjr1 View Post
    how you know god is real you dont i dont belive in any thing that theres no proof and that book you read is not proof some one could have wrote itand how you know god made it answer that you cant so there is no god
    I don't believe you exist.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    The water on titan is frozen so I would reason that any acetylene that does form wouldn't do so in high enough quantities to support a large population and without a relatively large population detecting life will be difficult. I'm not arguing that we can easily find life that doesn't depend it's existence in some way on water, you were making the assertion that life cannot form without water and the correct responses to that claim is that life that we're used to cannot be formed without water. This is similar to the debate on whether life needs to be carbon based in which alternatives like silicon have been proposed.
    I thought that the article said that the water was in the air in a gas form.
    It's a Hydro-substance that forms acetylon for sure.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    >_< what he means is that there could be lifeforms that don't rely on water out there.

Since the universe is that big, i think its pretty likely.

Thanks
    Religion sucks!
    but the suckest is Islam

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    >_< what he means is that there could be lifeforms that don't rely on water out there.

Since the universe is that big, i think its pretty likely.
    I agree with that, but I was just saying that life on Titan was still based on a waterlike gas.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardrock80s View Post
    Religion sucks!
    but the suckest is Islam
    You suck the most tiny ass mother fucker.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Lol, I knew a muslim would flame at him the second I read that post XD

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by Superpunt View Post
    I agree with that, but I was just saying that life on Titan was still based on a waterlike gas.
    Yes you're absolutely right that there is acetylene in the atmosphere of Titan but whether or not any potential life on Titan depends on acetylene is an unknown. The concentration of acetlylene is also highly questionable considering the atmospheric water is solid making the frequency of reaction a very slow one. What I think you may have misunderstood about my response was that potential life on Titan doesn't necessarily depend directly on water. I think you may be conflating what I mean by water based life because obviously there are going to be chemical reactions that involve water somewhere in an ecosystem but whether or not that extraterrestrial life directly depends on the presence of water is the real question.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Thanks
    Lolcrusades.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Yes you're absolutely right that there is acetylene in the atmosphere of Titan but whether or not any potential life on Titan depends on acetylene is an unknown. The concentration of acetlylene is also highly questionable considering the atmospheric water is solid making the frequency of reaction a very slow one. What I think you may have misunderstood about my response was that potential life on Titan doesn't necessarily depend directly on water. I think you may be conflating what I mean by water based life because obviously there are going to be chemical reactions that involve water somewhere in an ecosystem but whether or not that extraterrestrial life directly depends on the presence of water is the real question.
    Agree, but I still think that at least intelligent life needs water.
    Since life on Titan probably isn't more then some bacteria.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Well obviously we're not going to find fish like species but you're under playing the significance even even finding microbial life.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by demo-dash View Post
    With all do respect,

YOU ARE FUCKING STUPID.
    scientology
    Quote Originally Posted by -James View Post
    If i suck your cock everyday can i get a government job?

Gillard = Communist
    "Australia stands ready to provide any assistance, such as energy assistance, bilateral development or any safeguard expertise that we may be able to offer

KEVIN RUDD FOR MM-NEW LEADERSHIP

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Well obviously we're not going to find fish like species but you're under playing the significance even even finding microbial life.
    I'm aware that it would be great if we found just the smallest microbia. It could learn us much about our past. And the past of the microbia's planet.

@Kevin: Scientology fucking sucks. Scientology is the only bad thing about religion.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast