Thanks

Reverse Storyline Proof of Concept Grimoire 3.8+ | Map Item ID Finder - G3.8+, RBot

What is this?

A) Ways to find map item id that aren't strictly necessary but demonstrate why rbot can be very useful compared to grimoire (which is also great don't get me wrong but it also doesn't let you easily use variables or loops of any kind)

B) an initially counterintuitive but extremely useful way of potentially setting up storyline bots that takes into account quests that the user has already completed (!!!)

The abbreviations i am using are MIF=map item finder. POC=proof of concept. There are four files in the rar. What I am calling 3 and 4 below are most interesting.

1)"map item finding proof of concept FULL" (G3.8+) - potential way to "brute force" a map item id if there were no way to "sniff" it out. i use the map noobshire to demonstrate. this uses G3.8+ get map item command. the bot will make a sound on finding the map item id - do not be alarmed

2)"MIF POC with actual packet FULL" (G3.8+) - using the actual packet instead of the G3.8+ get map item command, you can do the same as 1. sound on finding here too. note that the number 1337 i use in the packet is pretty arbitrary (can be anything as long as it isn't too big or negative or letters or something weird like that)

3)"MIF test" (RBot 1.8) - using a while loop to avoid the manual work of having to actually worry about setting everything up correctly like in 1 and 2. even writes the output to the log so that you can see approximately what map item id it should be in there. will it give you the exact item id? not in its current form, no. but if a map id is in the 500's or 1000's and you had no other way to discover it, what choice would you have but to use a script like this? demonstrates why programming is useful and is a pretty easy program with which to get your feet wet. while loops can also be used to go to map--9999, 9998, 9997, keep incrementing down until you find one that isn't full but has more than just one player. LOTS of different uses to be honest, hard to name all of them. basically, for any commands that being in combat can prevent or that you have to increment up or down in some way, some sort of loop could be used to make your job easier

4)"reverse storyline POC bot" (G3.8+) - NOT a full storyline, only does the quests in noobshire. the premise is as follows: the npc has 7 quests. you check if the last quest (quest seven) is available. if not, you go to the second to last (quest six), you continue until you get to the first (read: latest) quest you can do. when you get to it, you complete it, then the loop restarts, at which point it would go to the next latest quest you can complete. this repeats until everything is done. for a clearer explanation or to see this at work, ask a question in the comments or try running the bot.

as some more explanation, this means that if you've done quest 1 and 2, the bot would start at 3 (by checking if quest 7, then 6, then 5, then 4 then finally 3 were available. it happened to be 3 so that's where it would start. next iteration it would check 7>6>5 then finally determine that 4 was available then start there). why is this useful? people can have gotten to different parts in the storyline but this type of bot can still work regardless. for example, this is how normal bots work: if quest 1 is available, complete. if quest 2 is available, complete, etc. but what if your bot restarts or what if it doesn't start from the perfect starting point (none complete) because the user has done some of it already? obviously some quests completed won't be available but what if there are quests in that questline that are repeatable (as there often are)? are you going to repeat them again? you could but you don't have to. it's not like you can't do it the normal way as you technically can, it's just more work than is necessary (in my opinion)

by bypassing this problem and "setting it up in reverse", you only do as many quests as is necessary, every time.

pretty sure i'm the first person to ever do this (the reverse storyline/questline thing). am i cool yet?

Virus Scans:
    https://virusscan.jotti.org/en-US/fi...job/lyi6nvyv5c
    https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/...07aa/detection

If i need to provide anything else or any more scans, please let me know, thanks

Also since this is more a tutorial or demonstration than anything else, i put it in that section, if it needs to be moved of course feel free
    <b>Downloadable Files</b> Downloadable Files
    Last edited by aqwplayer; 11-17-2019 at 08:06 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aqwplayer For This Useful Post:

luis001 (01-07-2020),ParthenonBliss (03-14-2020)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    /approved //2short//