Thanks

Bot Timer | Rbot 1.9.1

what is this?
    well the title isn't really the best but basically this file lets you insert your own bot into a certain area of my bot that then times each iteration of your bot for as many times as you set it to. when it is done it will give you the average time it took for each iteration to complete.

why is this potentially useful?
    well, with this you can more accurately say things like: "this bot is more efficient versus another one" because now you can actually have a significant amount of statistics to back it up. it also means you don't have to manually time things

how exactly does it work?
    well basically, the timer starts, the bot runs, the timer stops, and at the end of each iteration, the time elapsed is printed to rbot's log. on the last iteration, the total time then average time is printed. the very first iteration is not included in any calculations because it always seems to be slightly off for some reason and we want our data to be relatively clean. technically speaking if you are able to make it re-include the very first iteration (iteration 0) and you want to do so for bots that will take a long time anyways (so a few seconds wouldn't really matter), you could but i chose not to. if anyone really wants me to, i can tell you what you would have to do

is this bot practically useful?
    it can be in order to demonstrate what is theoretically fastest at which point it can then be re-implemented in grimoire 3.8+. the only problem with this is that Rbot is by default much harder to use than any version of grimoire so it's not really too friendly to the average user.

what is the inspiration behind this bot?
    well i was already doing what this bot does by hand to see how fast my non-glitched petless dreadrock legion token bots were in grimoire. then i figured it would probably be easier to do something similar in rbot.

is anyone going to use this?
    probably not lol but this is more to prove that it can be done... which it can be although it took me a while

scans:
    https://virusscan.jotti.org/en-US/fi...job/79ogae1hmg
    https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/...0337/detection

the scans should be fine, please let me know if i have to re-upload or anything like that

edit: next time i will use a function for the conversion of elapsed time to a string format. it is the most obvious improvement over the current code that i can currently see
    <b>Downloadable Files</b> Downloadable Files
    Last edited by aqwplayer; 11-29-2019 at 09:50 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aqwplayer For This Useful Post:

Glass (12-02-2019),memo1995 (10-26-2021),salem797 (04-22-2020)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    /approved //2short//

4. The Following User Says Thank You to meme For This Useful Post:

aqwplayer (11-29-2019)

Thanks
    UPDATED VER - i seriously cleaned it up - i put the statements to print individual run times and the total/average run times into a function that the main script can use and i put the statements to format those times into another function that the printing function uses.

if that didn't make much sense, basically it is quite a bit cleaner and more organized than my first version and it should overall just make a lot more sense now. it also takes all attempts into consideration, including the first because a few seconds of variation isn't really a big deal (here)

edit: in the next version of this, i will have the user put their bot into a function that the main then calls. just easier that way. in the next version i will also change the following although both options work:

eventualAverage = eventualAverage.Add(ts);
    to
    eventualAverage += ts;

scans:
    https://virusscan.jotti.org/en-US/fi...job/w5c7o58vhl
    https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/...09ea/detection
    <b>Downloadable Files</b> Downloadable Files
    Last edited by aqwplayer; 12-01-2019 at 10:04 AM.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aqwplayer For This Useful Post:

fastway2hell (11-10-2020),saviorlands (12-07-2019),Tio ue (04-21-2020)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aqwplayer View Post
    UPDATED VER - i seriously cleaned it up - i put the statements to print individual run times and the total/average run times into a function that the main script can use and i put the statements to format those times into another function that the printing function uses.

if that didn't make much sense, basically it is quite a bit cleaner and more organized than my first version and it should overall just make a lot more sense now. it also takes all attempts into consideration, including the first because a few seconds of variation isn't really a big deal (here)

edit: in the next version of this, i will have the user put their bot into a function that the main then calls. just easier that way. in the next version i will also change the following although both options work:

eventualAverage = eventualAverage.Add(ts);
    to
    eventualAverage += ts;

scans:
    https://virusscan.jotti.org/en-US/fi...job/w5c7o58vhl
    https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/...09ea/detection
    //Approved

"Never stop being a good person because of bad people"

Super User -> 15-7-2020
    Global Moderator -> 23-3-2019 - 15-7-2020
    Steam Moderator -> 12-12-2017 - 23-3-2019
    Steam Minion+ -> 09-04-2017 - 12-12-2017