Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    I'mma PM Kyle and post his grades.
    Quote Originally Posted by ViciousArt
    And I've been doing photoshop work for a very long time, and I've never heard of BLANE.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by drsynyster View Post
    I will now. Just got a nuke so now im over it for a while.

Ok I will post my brief opinions first, I'll post your rankings and details tomorrow.

#1-High Inter-Very good crop of a well done LP. It has very good intricacy a very well executed theme and a perfect colour scheme. However the reason why this doesn't branch into semi-pro is because of consistency. You'll notice that the "syringes" have gradient on them, the black detailing has gradients on them and so does the background. However you'll notice that the white shapes, such as the large circle to the left do not have their own gradient (although some have some black soft brushing, but not the majority).

#2-High Inter/Semi Pro-This piece clearly shows the equilibrium of skill versus creativity. Although the piece itself is small, if you look closely almost every single component has near perfect detail and proportions. Nothing here is just thrown on because it looks good. It all follows a specific colour scheme and everything works together to pull off the overriding concept. Perhaps the downfall of this piece is the top right corner. The placement of this shape just seems awkward and doesn't really seem to quite fit in.

#3-Solid Novice-The reason why this cannot get beyond novice is because the creator has chosen to leave too much negative space. Not only that but the brightness outlining the focal is very overpowering. This creates way too much contrast and detracts from the piece. However on a good note the creator has done well to utilise the smudge tool to create an "explosion" effect.

#4-Semi Pro-This piece is definitely the best piece of the set. It creator shows his prowess in creating extremely minor detailing but he also knows when to not "overcrowd" the piece. Of course this is a crop of an LP (which I would class Pro). Because of the cropping however some of the detail that would've been better appreciated has been lost . You'll notice that the creator has added in some warm colours to break up the green. In many cases this would be a risky move but he has pulled this off well. On a side note, this piece is the unofficial logo and definitely the most recognisable for slash3.

#5-High Novice-This piece does quite well in terms of effects but in my opinion the yellow glow is this pieces main detriment. It covers up the focal and gets in the way of the effects which lay underneath. Another thing that is not so much problematic as it is puzzling, is its background. It is quite difficult to determine the components, on the left we have what seems to be a nice bright digipaint or perhaps some smudging, then that is interrupted by a "mechanical" block which does not seem to fit in, it ends up contrasting with almost everything else in the piece. Whether or not the creator actually made the background, whether he simply put two elements together or whether its a stock, is a different matter, but the piece may have benefited with a better choice.

Remember that these are only my viewpoints and these are definitely up for discussion.
    /me doesnt agree with .
    3rd = solid novice`?
    there is just TOOO much negative space and smudging is bad, its low novice..
    and imo, none of them are semi pro.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali G View Post

/me doesnt agree with .
    3rd = solid novice`?
    1) Shayne knows better than you how to class.
    2) You're still inter-ranked.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by .Amnesia View Post

1) Shayne knows better than you how to class.
    2) You're still inter-ranked.
    i know, i just said my opinion, (noticed the ''imo's''? )

And btw, im probably gonna quit sig making :/
    Ill continue with photo manip maybe, and, im working at my dad's work atm, n for that money i get ill buy a camera and ill try photography
    Last edited by Brizingir; 06-17-2010 at 02:38 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali G View Post

/me doesnt agree with .
    3rd = solid novice`?
    Then in your opinion, show me some semis.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Inter
    Semi
    Novice
    Mod
    Novice
    [img]https://i490.photobucke*****m/albums/rr265/Iggylowy/carboncopy.png[/img]
    [img]https://i593.photobucke*****m/albums/tt17/xALeXzx/prayforplagues3.png[/img]
    +ink resources.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    See what I did? I brought him here.

YOU CAN'T DENY THAT PRINCESS IS AWESOME.

Mah rankings
    1. Low Inter
    General overall appeal, great usage of syringes. Great flow.

2. High Mod
    Great artwork, but composition needs work and the idea doesn't work

3. Solid Novice
    The focal can't be seen very well, and too much negative space. The smudging could use work, but the text is fine.

4. Solid Mod
    Great composition, great feel and idea, but too dark.

5. Low Novice
    Render is lq, background doesn't match, too many effects that cover the focal, no lighting, no flow.

Can't believe I ranked the second one so low.
    Last edited by Matt; 06-17-2010 at 12:10 PM.
    And I've been doing photoshop work for a very long time, and I've never heard of BLANE.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Lmaooo, yes you did
    [img]https://i593.photobucke*****m/albums/tt17/xALeXzx/prayforplagues3.png[/img]
    +ink resources.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    You should put details man, we don't really know why you ranked them that and most of us (including me) don't know why. But, I ranked close 'cept the second one...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Sure thing, 1 minute.
    +ink resources.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Nobody really respects me here but I don't really care. I am the princess, and I'm a fag here. Don't really know why I'm not mature here like I am on other forums. Maybe it's me. Maybe it's MPGH. It's MPGH's fault XD

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Tag 1:
    Amazing abstract piece, great colors and composition. The only thing bring this tag down is the simplicity of the background. I would suggest adding possibly a light metal/robot texture to it, just to give it the same techno/robot aspect + concept.

Tag 2:
    Nothing really to say here, great tag. Only though I would suggest is more detail and shading to the font, boombox, and crown.

Tag 3:
    Lacks any sort of composition and overall depth. It's just smudge and a render. It needs a simple wow factor, remove the text. Add more to the background, bring out the smudge, so it's not just in the middle. Add a light source, correctly, coming from the top right of him.

Tag 4.
    This tag has potential to be inter, but lacks any sort of background which drags the tag down to moderate. Great detail, depth and concept here. Work on the background, possibly some green, leafs, trees, bushes, grass, etc.

Tag 5.
    Remove the text, work on the composition, possibly moving the render slightly to the left could help some. Composition and placement of the effects could use some work as well, more defined flow would help. As well as some burning/gradients to help with some depth, the tag has no lightsource or direction of light, it's just all bright.
    +ink resources.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Lol, any tips for us to rate bettar? It's like your the one hosting this XD

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    The practice in all honestly.
    Constantly looking at tags, ranking, looking at ranks from actual rankers but guessing first then checking your answers. It's just over time you learn these things.
    +ink resources.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Lol, looking over your rankings have done me good, but I still probably need to look over them more. I ranked the second one way off...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast