Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

I quit weed for good

Hello. I was a really really addictive smoker. I enjoyed weed so much I smoked it every day. Every time. Now its 3 months since I'm not smoking. Why I did it? I was unproductive. Lazy. Now things have started getting better at everything - business, life, family, etc...

But sometimes I badly want to take just chill and smoke a joint.. Should I? What are your thoughts?
    Last edited by mojodeals; 06-27-2020 at 04:08 PM.

Thanks
    help me. i even had a dream last night about weed wtf ��

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    It is not a physical addiction but a mental one. Now i've heard a lot of these cases from different kinds of people who smoke a lot after they finish their daily chores, job etc... Then they suddenly stop for a while and just go back at it.

Now I'm not going to tell you you should start smoking again, but if you; its like everything in life, you need BALANCE.
    I'm speaking out of experience and I can recognize your story. In the long run it's better not to.. But there's nothing wrong with doing it SOMETIMES.

Make some rules for yourself, like only in weekends, and only 1 or 2 a day.

If you want to quit forever, which is not a bad idea, I suggest changing something in your life. Get a new hobby or do something that is unrelated to smoking.
    But hey it's your life you can smoke some if you want to. But I don't know about your whole situaton, you are the best person to make that decision for yourself.

It is however proven that ppl who smoke marijuana on daily basis are less productive etc.. So better not fall back, it's all about the balance man!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roelvvv View Post
    It is not a physical addiction but a mental one. Now i've heard a lot of these cases from different kinds of people who smoke a lot after they finish their daily chores, job etc... Then they suddenly stop for a while and just go back at it.

Now I'm not going to tell you you should start smoking again, but if you; its like everything in life, you need BALANCE.
    I'm speaking out of experience and I can recognize your story. In the long run it's better not to.. But there's nothing wrong with doing it SOMETIMES.

Make some rules for yourself, like only in weekends, and only 1 or 2 a day.

If you want to quit forever, which is not a bad idea, I suggest changing something in your life. Get a new hobby or do something that is unrelated to smoking.
    But hey it's your life you can smoke some if you want to. But I don't know about your whole situaton, you are the best person to make that decision for yourself.

It is however proven that ppl who smoke marijuana on daily basis are less productive etc.. So better not fall back, it's all about the balance man!
    Thank you for the answer. Good words. Well see, everybody around me smoke that stuff, almost all of my friends do. Right now, im being super patient, im next to them while they are smoking but I'm saying no because I see productivity in myself. Aswell my situation kinda don't allow me to smoke. I live in a place where the stuff is illegal and I can get in trouble if I do, short story- the cops pull you over and take you to the drug test and even if you smoked 20 days ago they can ban your driving licence for 4 years. And if i lose driving licence I'm shit. I think I will just stay off for a while and hopefully laws change in my country then I can do as you said - make some rules, like only in the weekends. because that stuff is good. really good. anyways thank you for your response again.

Thanks
    There's a lot of regular smokers who have felt or feel like you do.

When you smoke everyday and at the same time don't any special progression in your life you will feel like shit mentally. For many people like myself, everytime I smoke I usually excuse whatever I could be doing to - "Well.. let me enjoy this moment - life is not about stressing over trivial stuff.."

This is a good excuse and a legit one in many cases. However if you say this everyday, the whole day, it kinda looses its meaning. All of a sudden you're not enjoying yourself, you're not relaxing. You're stressing mentally about not doing anything to take steps forward in your life because deep down you WANT to progress you WANT to get to improve your life and you WANT to make your future better - and that really is what life is about. The journey and the steps you take to get somewhere better than where you are now, whatever your goals are.
    Weed can prevent this with addictive individuals that are "lazy" when they are high and simply gets distracted by everyday distractions which there are unlimited of.. movies/shows, games etc.

I'm not saying that everyone becomes an unproductive slob - but especially in the countries where it's illegal and at the same time don't want others to find out, smoking everyday often means you being home and living your regular day-to-day. Most people wouldn't go to a job interview high, most people wouldn't put themselves out there and catch the opportunities life gives you when you smoke multiple times a day and stay in your safe space.

Obviously, this isn't the case for everyone or even "most people", i'm just talking from my own experience. I have plenty of extroverted friends who has no problem smoking daily.

However, this doesn't HAVE to be the case for even people like me or possibly you, as it all really depends on your emotions and your mental state, which is why it's a bad combo feeling unproductive and lazy as it will just fuel being these things. Just think about how different your high is when you just did something productive and you're feeling good versus when you take your third smoke of the day having sat inside the whole day except being out for munchies.

At the end of the day, if you can allow yourself a joint on the weekend or not is up to you. Do you feel like you have overcome your addiction?
    If you're not sure, or if you often crave it, you should imo wait a bit more, so that you can fully overcome your addiction and then make the CHOICE of smoking or not, as long as its YOUR CHOICE and not because you're addicted. After that, no one can say shit and you will always know that its an active choice you are making since you (and manymany others) simply enjoy smoking.

Balancing it with your life is something very individual and really only comes down to you, so that you still feel good about how your life is going and progressing not letting weed get in the way of that.

Sorry for the wall of text lmfao, this is just how I personally feel about it. Smoking became a hobby for me which I did whenever I had nothing to do or felt bored which could be long periods like now for example, having finished school just recently. I think having an actual schedule and actually having to do shit makes it so much better, as long smoking doesn't affect it negatively, as its something abstract for you to do to feel productive.

btw, good job on the 3 months.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ayden For This Useful Post:

Altcoin (08-23-2020)

Thanks

joint

my approach is joint per month to maintain fit

Thanks
    Weed has become so strong and intense that many people don’t enjoy the effects anymore. CBD flower is a great alternative.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinsler View Post
    Weed has become so strong and intense that many people don’t enjoy the effects anymore. CBD flower is a great alternative.
    Usually buy in https://berkshirecbd.com/

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Nothing wrong with smoking every once in a while.
    I quit a couple weeks ago after smoking for nearly 10 years for similar reasons. Being lazy, unproductive. Also cancelling stuff bc I was too high etc.
    Feel kind of better.

Keep it up brother & don't feel bad if you ever smoke again, nothing wrong with that. Just don't let it take over.

Thanks

I quit weed for good

mook has quit. You should feel proud of yourselves. He was an awesome player. He was abrasive but up front, told you how he felt. Unlike some others. Its a great loss to rose imo

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mojodeals View Post
    Hello. I was a really really addictive smoker. I enjoyed weed so much I smoked it every day. Every time. Now its 3 months since I'm not smoking. Why I did it? I was unproductive. Lazy. Now things have started getting better at everything - business, life, family, etc...

But sometimes I badly want to take just chill and smoke a joint.. Should I? What are your thoughts?
    try rules about restricting it to certain times. if you fail your rules, abstinence for a time will be your punishment.

Thanks
    don't smoke weed use CBD oil

Thanks
    You made the right decision, but I think sometimes you can. The main thing is that you have enough will to do it only sometimes.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mojodeals View Post

I smoked daily from 17 for several years. I quit 6 months ago, never felt better.

Thanks
    It looks like you have addictive personality so just one joint might get you back to old habbits. It's best to enjoy things in moderation but you have to be ready to do things that way mentally

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast