Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by boy View Post

Personally I was 100% growth stocks but I've chipped them off largely after december, now im 60% stocks 40% etf's. do your own DD (research) see what you like and be reasonable about its growth-potential and time horizons.

A correction IS DUE. many opinions, even those of the biggest Bulls are saying this year will be the year. but doing nothing is worse than just being in it already, stick to ETF's and Indexes for now and then once you got a couple under your belt feel free to look into their highest weights, or do your own search for companies, i'll give some good reference points that have been doing good for me;

ETF's: ARKG, ARKQ, ARKK

Stocks: AppHarvest (NOVS soon to be APPH), Affirm (AFRM), Compass Pathways (CMPS), and Beyond Meat (BYND) are great companies to practice your DD on

Personally; I like companies that still have a long way to go (the earlier you get in the better) so you get a really nice price, many of the companies I mentioned above won't be super big or popular for a few more years
    The thing is that after the economic crisis in 2008 my country is still pretty iffy on buying foreign markets, they take a huge tax like 35% or something so I just have some shares in national companies like Marel who have been expanding to other countries recently so i'm just thinking about saving money at the moment, I'm completely broke I had to use my paycheck to fix my car, I just want to put in $100 into a company every now and then im not interested in day trading i just want to keep money in weird places and check on it 10 years later

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by boy View Post

Personally I was 100% growth stocks but I've chipped them off largely after december, now im 60% stocks 40% etf's. do your own DD (research) see what you like and be reasonable about its growth-potential and time horizons.

A correction IS DUE. many opinions, even those of the biggest Bulls are saying this year will be the year. but doing nothing is worse than just being in it already, stick to ETF's and Indexes for now and then once you got a couple under your belt feel free to look into their highest weights, or do your own search for companies, i'll give some good reference points that have been doing good for me;

ETF's: ARKG, ARKQ, ARKK

Stocks: AppHarvest (NOVS soon to be APPH), Affirm (AFRM), Compass Pathways (CMPS), and Beyond Meat (BYND) are great companies to practice your DD on

Personally; I like companies that still have a long way to go (the earlier you get in the better) so you get a really nice price, many of the companies I mentioned above won't be super big or popular for a few more years
    With the huge covid correction back in March I believe that a correction is not "due". I don't believe company EPSs have really taken major hits. Small businesses got fucked by the economy but most large firms seems to have adapted fine and are growing. Only "likely" scenarios where I see major dips are like 1) large civil unrest (not just day to day protests, but like actual full on violence) 2) extreme regulation on big tech/corporations 3) interest rates rise, money flows out of markets and into savings. I would say the effects of mass unemployment too but so far unemployment hasn't seem to have any large systemic effects. I'm like 70% bull 30% bear. Rather optimistic.
    Last edited by Bernard; 01-15-2021 at 07:20 AM.
    Rep. Power: 126

Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

Thanks
    My Mood
    Scared
    Quote Originally Posted by CzechOne View Post
    I just want to put in $100 into a company every now and then im not interested in day trading i just want to keep money in weird places and check on it 10 years later
    Honestly, that's the perfect way to invest. one of the most common sayings is "only invest what you are willing to lose" (or what you dont need in 1-3 years imo) Sorry to hear about the tax regulations though, that sounds like a pain in the ass, my friend in the EU also finds it hard to invest since alot of the brokerages there have fees as well (majority/all of US is $0)

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard View Post
    With the huge covid correction back in March I believe that a correction is not "due". I don't believe company EPSs have really taken major hits. Small businesses got fucked by the economy but most large firms seems to have adapted fine and are growing. Only "likely" scenarios where I see major dips are like 1) large civil unrest (not just day to day protests, but like actual full on violence) 2) extreme regulation on big tech/corporations 3) interest rates rise, money flows out of markets and into savings. I would say the effects of mass unemployment too but so far unemployment hasn't seem to have any large systemic effects. I'm like 70% bull 30% bear. Rather optimistic.
    That's good to hear, honestly I'm very bull in the market as well but I mean that V-shape recovery was way too good to not be somewhat alarming, a great quote that I forgot to mention is

"Far more money has been lost by investors preparing for corrections, or trying to anticipate corrections, than has been lost in corrections themselves." - Peter Lynch (All-star investor and managed the Fidelity Fund for about 20 years, 30% average for 12 years)

and there are endless amounts of people that'll say "a correction is due" and they'll say that every year for like 5 years before they are right and by then, you wouldve made more money just being in the market rather than trying to DCA / TIME THE MARKET. BUT, that being said; I'll probably just be selling 1/4 of my Margin even though I have a -40% PORTFOLIO CHANGE safety cushion before I get House Called.

The last time we saw a -40% was March 2020 (I think it was about 30% on average,) i doubt anything will ever cause us to dip that hard in the near future but freeing up BP and having peace of mind is not a bad thing
    Last edited by boy; 01-15-2021 at 01:39 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    can always invest in MPGH weed farm
    Click Here to visit the official MPGH wiki! Keep up with the latest news and information on games and MPGH! To check out pages dedicated to games, see the links below!

dd/mm/yyyy
    Member - 31/01/2015
    Premium - 12/09/2016
    Call of Duty minion - 05/11/2016 - 05/11/2019
    BattleOn minion - 28/02/2017 - 05/11/2019
    Battlefield minion - 30/05/2017 - 05/11/2019
    Other Semi-Popular First Person Shooter Hacks minion - 21/09/2017 - 17/09/2019
    Publicist - 07/11/2017 - 02/08/2018
    Cock Sucker - 01/12/2017 - Unknown
    Minion+ - 06/03/2018 - 05/11/2019
    Fortnite minion - 08/05/2018 - 05/11/2019
    Head Publicist - 08/10/2018 - 10/01/2020
    Developer Team - 26/10/2019 - 10/01/2020
    Former Staff - 10/01/2020

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12