Thanks

Lightbulb Future of osu! Cheating development and Private server development

This is a copy of my original post on reddit https://www.reddi*****m/r/osugame/com...rhythm_gaming/ .
    Communication about this idea can be done here too if you guys don't want to expose yourselelves to Reddit.

First off, I will ask the moderators to keep this post in play, for it to be seen by peppy and all osu! developers. Question is, is this going to be worth something or a hobby. Even if it is a hobby it can become something powerful, a whole business. I am not discouraging the developers, but encouraging them to make the game something better. Either osu! crew will do it or we will do it.

TL;DR osu! developers, private server developers and cheat developers can make a client with all the cheats and modes in it and it can be ranked. Other rhythm modes can be added and everything can be ranked accordingly to tell people the truth about their rhythm gaming skill. I don't understand why nobody has made this topic and is thinking about these things. This is a post reminding developers to use the internet for work and fun. Big thanks to peppy for creating this game and making it come in play <3.

Hello, I want to tell you how we can get rid of taboo in the osu! community and band the whole osu! private server and cheat development community togheter.

First off, it's all good what peppy is doing with osu!lazer and creating a final osu! client, but I guess some of us don't like it. It's not what osu! is right now and it looks different. It takes us away from the original game and probably won't run on all PCs.

Now, there are cheaters and there always will be cheaters. Period.

There are all these cheating clients, all because peppy made a broken client or he had a different idea about the game. We can change this, the pp system is alright. There is no need to talk about it, unless we make the change.

The idea is that osu! developers (McOsu, osu!Ainu and the others) should band toghether to make one osu! client. This also includes all the private server owners. The developers could all band toghether to make one better osu! client, and sorry peppy osu!lazer is different and probably won't run on all computers it used to run on. I am sharing this idea because I'm not working on it right now, we all have other projects and what-not. Question is are we going to make a change in development or if we just want to play whats already there. That's why I'm asking the developers of all these things to communicate on /r/rhythmgamingfuture/ community for this goal. Tell what you do and find others who do the same, it's the internet, we need the money and we need a business, you can do this with your real accounts or new ones, depends on how much you care about revealing who you are.

Peppy didn't have to make osu ad free. There is money to be made here. We can advertise and make the osu!supporter features free. Either someone is going to do it for you/us or we are going to make change now.

Now the idea about the pp system and new gamemodes.

McOsu has modifiers. The thing is we can rank the modifiers accordingly, more gamemodes to create a real leaderboard that will tell these people what their true skill is. And after this will be cheaters, but no matter. Someone on some private server is working on other anti-cheat systems right? Yes. Thats why we need to get in touch etc. r/rhythmgamingfuture/ . Osu! is not the real thing,
    The mania gamemode is not like real mania, the game mode is different. What matters is that we make it feel the same, like L2R, StepMania and O2Jam (the originals). Here I'm talking about improving the default skin. It's really hard to for beginners to start playing mania and other gamemodes. Making it like the real thing will make it easier fivefold.

I don't care about taiko and catch!, but I bet there is someone who does. We can cut down on the competition and work toghether or even add other rhythm gamemodes to the client.

To get rid of the cheaters, we should make the feauters free and ranked, tell people the truth, said the same thing above, but there is no getting good without practice. Same goes about development and playing.

All this because peppy and support couldn't unrestrict me after 4 years. Enough time has passed for them to unlock my f*ing client. Thanks for the idea. Osu don't take this seriously. I understand that it doesn't matter. To somebody it does, not the Ban, but the Game Development -_-.

https://www.reddi*****m/r/rhythmgamingfuture/ For all things Rhythm gaming development.

EITHER WE WILL MAKE SOMETHING BETTER OR OSU!LAZER WILL BE SOMETHING BETTER, IT'S UP TO PEPPY AND ALL US DEVELOPERS AND PLAYERS.

PLEASE LET THIS BE SEEN BY EVERYONE TO UNDERSTAND THE FUTURE OF RHYTHM GAMING DEVELOPMENT AND WHY WE CAN BE A WHOLE BUSINESS AND MAKE BREAD OFF OF RYTHM GAMES.

From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary Englishyou reap what you sowyou reap what you sowused to say that if you do bad things, bad things will happen to you, and if you do good things, good things will happen to you
    Last edited by crazty; 01-10-2021 at 09:31 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    TL;DR Don't even bother.

I don't even know what to say honestly. Integrating cheats into an official client and allowing these on official server sounds like a really bad joke. Cheating private servers exist for this reason. Your idea is insane and I'm pretty sure no one will be down to work on it.

First off, it's all good what peppy is doing with osu!lazer and creating a final osu! client, but I guess some of us don't like it. It's not what osu! is right now and it looks different. It takes us away from the original game and probably won't run on all PCs.
    osu!lazer already runs much better than osu!stable in most cases and supports way more platforms. Further optimisations will come in place before it replaces osu!stable.

There are all these cheating clients, all because peppy made a broken client or he had a different idea about the game.
    This has nothing to do with how peppy coded or sees osu!

McOsu has modifiers.
    osu!lazer has modifiers for like a year or more now. And yes, it'll eventually become ranked.

The mania gamemode is not like real mania, the game mode is different.
    You can either submit your suggestions about osu!mania gameplay mechanichs here: https://******.com/ppy/osu/issues or switch to another VSRG.

To get rid of the cheaters, we should make the feauters free and ranked
    That's not how it works. And I can't imagine how're you planning to keep your stuff running without a revenue.

All this because peppy and support couldn't unrestrict me after 4 years
    You could've just shoot an email to appeal-review@ppy.sh if you feel that your appeal is being ignored or handled unfairly
    Last edited by mrflashstudio; 01-10-2021 at 09:26 AM.

azuki is cute

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mrflashstudio For This Useful Post:

Raphiel_ (02-10-2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mrflashstudio View Post
    TL;DR Don't even bother.

I don't even know what to say honestly. Integrating cheats into an official client and allowing these on official server sounds like a really bad joke. Cheating private servers exist for this reason. Your idea is insane and I'm pretty sure no one will be down to work on it.

osu!lazer already runs much better than osu!stable in most cases and supports way more platforms. Further optimisations will come in place before it replaces osu!stable.

This has nothing to do with how peppy coded or sees osu!

osu!lazer has modifiers for like a year or more now. And yes, it'll eventually become ranked.

You can either submit your suggestions about osu!mania gameplay mechanichs here: https://******.com/ppy/osu/issues or switch to another VSRG.

That's not how it works. And I can't imagine how're you planning to keep your stuff running without a revenue.

You could've just shoot an email to appeal-review@ppy.sh if you feel that your appeal is being ignored or handled unfairly
    It's not about the ban, I changed the post, just wanted to put it out there. I just see all these people putting out their stuff for free. What I'm saying we can advertise something over these or atleast steal some information for profit . I guess I'm just not that good at expressing miself and people have missed the point entierly. If it's not profitable, we just scrap it, that easy, People already do it for free.
    Plus not forcing anyone, people can discuss if they want to, no biggie, Thanks for the reply!
    Last edited by crazty; 01-10-2021 at 09:33 AM. Reason: idea

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by crazty View Post
    It's not about the ban, I changed the post, just wanted to put it out there. I just see all these people putting out their stuff for free. What I'm saying we can advertise something over these or atleast steal some information for profit . I guess I'm just not that good at expressing miself and people have missed the point entierly. If it's not profitable, we just scrap it, that easy, People already do it for free.
    Plus not forcing anyone, people can discuss if they want to, no biggie, Thanks for the reply!
    Though you seemed too upset about your ban, but it's not my point either.
    My point is:
    1. Pretty much everything you said will be in lazer. In some form.
    2. You won't be able to get any revenue from this considering that you want to make everything free. Ads won't help as well since this thing obviously won't be popular.

azuki is cute

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mrflashstudio For This Useful Post:

crazty (01-10-2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mrflashstudio View Post
    Though you seemed too upset about your ban, but it's not my point either.
    My point is:
    1. Pretty much everything you said will be in lazer. In some form.
    2. You won't be able to get any revenue from this considering that you want to make everything free. Ads won't help as well since this thing obviously won't be popular.
    No worry, I got you. That's why I will probably have to show for it (It will be marketed just right). So see you in 5 years .
    If it's good it doesn't have to be free.
    But downloading O2Jam LR2, some taiko game and osu seperately is also free. That's why it will probably need to be better.
    I'm just saying I don't like lazer since it looks flashy and modern, I want old and classic forever and to keep it alive and maybe even integrate smth from osu lazer since ppy released the source code
    Last edited by crazty; 01-10-2021 at 09:52 AM.

Thanks
    laughed at the reddit post, laughed at this again
    this is never gonna happen, nice joke btw

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Aftery For This Useful Post:

crazty (01-11-2021)

Thanks

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Aftery View Post
    laughed at the reddit post, laughed at this again
    this is never gonna happen, nice joke btw
    Yeah thanks, but it has happened since
    we have McOsu, Ainu and all those private servers so i guess everybody wins.

Thanks
    Nowadays, when billions of people around the world search for information on the Internet every day, having a business website is one of the keys to success. A potential client is unlikely to seriously consider a company that doesn't have a website at all, while an outdated website that takes a long time to load will also hurt your business goals in the long run. An attractive, modern and informative website, in turn, will help you reach your target audience and gain a serious competitive advantage. In this issue, I entrusted my business with web development services from click here They will do everything efficiently and on time.

Thanks
    did you just call ainu a client dev just because he edited the client a little

this is a huge shitpost