Thread: P 90

Thanks

P90

History

The P90 was developed by FN between 1986 and 1990 in conjunction with the 5.7x28mm cartridge. FN's goal was to replace the pistol-caliber submachine guns which were in use at the time by military and law enforcement personnel, as it had become evident that such weapons were ineffective against body armor.
    Initially the weapon was designed to use a 5.7x28mm cartridge called the SS90. The SS90 propelled a 1.5 g (23 gr) plastic-core projectile from the P90 at a muzzle velocity of roughly 850 m/s (2800 ft/s). The first prototype firing this ammunition was completed in October 1986, and over 3,000 submachine guns were produced in this configuration until 1993 in a low-rate trial production mode. Shortly after its introduction the weapon was adopted and used in service with the Belgian special forces group in the 1991 Gulf War.
    Following the P90's introduction, FN revised the 5.7x28mm ammunition and abandoned the SS90 variation. The new variation, designated the SS190, used a projectile 2.7 mm (0.11 in) shorter in length than that of the SS90. This allowed it to be used more conveniently in the 5.7x28mm FN Five-seven pistol, which was also being developed at that time. This projectile also had a heavier weight and more conventional construction containing an aluminium core and steel penetrator. A modified version of the P90 with a magazine adapted to use the shortened ammunition was introduced in 1993. Several special cartridge variations were also developed, such as the L191 tracer round and the subsonic SB193 bullet for use with a sound-suppressed P90.
    Further development of the P90 platform led to the creation of the P90 TR variant, which has a MIL-STD-1913 top rail system. This variant was introduced in 1999 and continues to be offered alongside the standard P90. More recently, the P90 has been offered to civilian shooters in various configurations as the PS90. This is a semi-automatic sporting version with a lengthened 407 mm (16.0 in) barrel.[16]

Iron sights:

Multiplayer

The P90 is again available as an SMG in Modern Warfare 2, with a few differences from the Call of Duty 4 version; it has reduced recoil, a lower rate of fire, smaller Iron Sights, and a slightly more detailed weapon model. It however has the same damage stats, but is unlocked in Multiplayer earlier; at Level 24.
    The side rail mounts on the weapon are completely unused, however such may serve as evidence that Heartbeat Sensors were originally going to be available for the SMGs.
    The P90 is a useful weapon for Rushing due to its high rate of fire and incredibly large magazine capacity. Marathon and Lightweight, especially with the Pro upgrade for Lightweight, are very useful with this weapon - Marathon will provide a continuous rush; the large magazine does not require frequent reloading and has a short reload time when needed, negating the need for Sleight of Hand, and the large amount of ammunition supplied means Scavenger is unneeded. The use of these perks help players using the weapon to get into Close Quarters Combat, where the P90 is immensely effective. It is however rather weak at long range, and should be fired in short, controlled bursts in order to take out targets at range. The P90 is very effective when reload cancelling, since one can reload cancel immediatly when the fresh magazine hits the weapon.
    The high magazine capacity, with moderate damage at close range makes the P90 an intermediate weapon between SMGs and LMGs, particularly with Extended Magazines attached - this provides a 75 round capacity in a weapon that is much more mobile than a bulky machine gun. The weapon is one of the most effective SMGs for using Akimbo, as each of the guns can fire for a large amount of time without reloading; and all Akimbo SMGs have the same accuracy. Without Akimbo, the P90 is very effective hip firing, due to the rate of fire, low recoil, and high accuracy while doing so.
    It should be noted that using the Extended Mags attachment increases the distance one can cover while sprinting, which makes this usage an alternative to Lightweight if one wishes to use another tier two perk.
    Weapon Camouflage is difficult to see on the P90 unless reloading, Akimbo'ed, or using a sight.

Attachments
    • Rapid Fire
    • Red Dot Sight
    • Silencer
    • ACOG Scope
    • FMJ
    • Akimbo
    • Holographic Sight
    • Thermal scope
    • Extended Magazines

Recommended classes

Long range
    • P90 & extended mags
    • Usp. 45 & fmj
    • Frag & flashbang
    • Marathon Pro
    • Lightwieght Pro
    • Scrambler Pro

Good luck all
    Last edited by Abstract; 06-22-2010 at 06:14 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Abstract For This Useful Post:

TheUser (06-22-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    wuut? u and tutorials? wanna playsome mw2 xD?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by House Hax View Post
    wuut? u and tutorials? wanna playsome mw2 xD?
    Not now....
    Am i online, cuz im either hijacked or i forgot the password

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreman Hax View Post

Not now....
    Am i online, cuz im either hijacked or i forgot the password
    i have a offtopic question for you foreman hax is your avatar from jennifer's body

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtimer View Post
    i have a offtopic question for you foreman hax is your avatar from jennifer's body
    Looks like it i really wana see that movie +

Your sigs the angels from doctor who right??

Need help to find trainers or hacks pm me.

.:FAV:.

Press thanks if I Helped you!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Did someone tried it in hardcore with Thermal+Silencer = awesome
    [center]

Back in '10

Got a question?PM/VM me!
    I read them all.
    Also contact me via MSN.
    vlad@mpgh.net

Minion since:07-04-2010
    Mod since:08-31-2010
    Till : 05.07.2011

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    just tried it ownage you can just spam in the general direction of the enemy and it'll et easy kills

Need help to find trainers or hacks pm me.

.:FAV:.

Press thanks if I Helped you!