My Mood
    Cheerful

FPS Lag Guide + Advanced System Care + Turbo Boost

UPDATED (05-30-2010)
    Added;
    (1)"Setting Process Priority"
    (2)"FPS Lag Guide Banner"
    I'm currently triying different methods to reduce the FPS,
    I'll post the one with optimized results. UPDATED (06-14-2010)
    Added;
    (3)"GameGain

Part 1
    FPS Lag Guide

Since people have been experienced lag in the game, I decided to bring a guide about how to increase FPS and gaming experience.
    What is FPS and how does it affect game play?
    FPS stands for frames per second, which is basically how many pictures your computer can draw per second. This means the greater FPS the better. For example with good FPS the game will be running quite smooth. However with terrible FPS the game will be running very unsmooth. Two youtube videos will be provided below to show the difference between good and bad fps.

Good FPS -
    Normal FPS
    Bad FPS -

From all the information above you can decide bad fps makes playing SoldierFront quite unpleasant. However FPS just doesn’t make the game unsmooth, it can also cause bugs/glitches. These bugs/glitches can result in getting stuck all the way to having a bug cross hair.

Why is there FPS lag?
    From the previous section you can tell that FPS lagging (Bad FPS), is when your computer can’t draw enough pictures per second. This section will explain why there is fps lag, and how different things affect it. FPS has many variables that determine how many frames you get per second. These variables range from how strong your computer is to the game itself.

Computers:
    Your computer depends on how your fps works since it processes the frames for you. Your computer is made out of many different components each plays apart in running your computer and the programs it runs. Just like other programs SoldierFront as well need a requirement of these components. The requirements will be shown below.

However these requirements and recommended aren't really good. Since the recommended is still laggy.
    Here is what I recommends
    1.6GHz+
    GeForce 6600GT+
    512MB to 1GB RAM
    (2GB Vista)
    You will be able to find the specs of your computer by typing dxdiag in your run or search command.

Game:
    As you learn from above SoldierFront itself has it very own requirements to run it. However even through you reach the requirements you still may feel FPS lag for numerous reasons. However sometimes your computer can’t run the high graphic settings on SoldierFront, or your computer can’t draw all the details and objects which you see on your screen.
    For example on maps like Village where you are observing many objects and those objects are very detail, you will notice you will have more FPS then usual.
    Example:

FPS In SoldierFront
    However before you try to raise your FPS with the many different ways below, you research about SF. Soldierfront has a cap of 32 FPS, so it would be pointless to try raise FPS if your at a constant 32 FPS. And one of the most important thing about SoldierFront is that it uses only one core, no matter how many cores you have.

How can I fix FPS lag?
    Now that we have went over why FPS lag occurs we can now solve how to fix it. There are many numerous ways to raise your frames per second. Below I will list the many different ways you can lower FPS lag.

Updating your drivers
    Updating your drivers should be the first attempt at fixing FPS lag you should try. You can check for updates in your windows security center. At the same time you will also want to check updates for your graphics card by going to the creators of your graphics card site. Which will be link below.
    Nvidia - Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers
    ATI Radeon - Graphics Drivers & Software

Exiting and closing unneeded programs
    Other programs may lag soldierfront, if those other programs are running. Closing your internet browser, before you press the play button, will help speed up your computer. Exiting programs like AIM, and MSN which is not needed, will also speed computer up. Please know some programs may be running on windows bar and will need to be exited.

Lowering graphical settings
    Lower graphics settings you will notice your FPS will be much smoother. I will post a picture below on what settings you should change to help reduce FPS lag.
    I RECOMMEND YOU TO USE 768 x 1024 RESOLUTION.

Change your computer power settings
    Set your battery or power settings to high preformence

Also works for desktops

Lowering settings even more
    In order to lower your settings even more you will need go into your gpu’s global graphics setting. Once you go to your control panel change your global settings to performance. Pictures will be provided below.

That's almost all the process on how to Reduce the FPS Lag.
    Now I'm going to show you how to use ASC to optimze the game.

Part 2
    Advanced System Care (ASC)

What is ASC?
    Advanced SystemCare Free (formerly Advanced WindowsCare Personal) has a one-click approach to help protect, repair, clean, and optimize your PC. With over 50 MILLION downloads since 2006, this fantastic, award-winning, free PC repair software is a "must-have" tool for your computer. 100% safe with no adware, spyware, or viruses; a PC maintenance program that’s incredibly easy to use.

Download
    You can download Advanced SystemCare HERE

After downloading the ASC just run the setup & click yes.

ASC Care! Feature

An express way to maintain your computer system. It scans and repairs both "Maintain Windows" and "Diagnose System" within one process. Please note that you cannot view problem details with "Care" function. If you prefer more control and details, go to "Maintain Windows" or "Diagnose System" instead: scan, view detailed information of each problem, and then repair the problems you selected.

ASC Maintain Windows Feature
    This ASC Feature;
    Clean up and maintain your computer.
    Includes: Spyware Removal, Registry Fix, Privacy Sweep, and Junk File Removal.

Now open ASC, and follow red globe.

Running the scan, will Scan your PC lookig for any error it can find.

After click on "Scan", you will see the options below as show in the image, after everything it's found now click on Repair.

Woot, Clicked Repair and now everything it's solved, as shown in the image;

ASC Diagnose System Feature
    Analyze performance and security problems. Includes: System Optimization, Security Defense, and Disk Defragment.

In order to clean is the same process;

Scan
    Repair

Part 3
    Turbo Boost

What is Turbo Boost?
    TurboBoost is similar to Game Booster, and temporarily closes the unnecessary background Services , Processes, and frees RAM with the option of giving the user to choose.
    This offers more available resources to the PC for the user to execute preferable actions.

Running Turbo Boost
    Click on the following image on ASC;

A window similar to this will pop up;

If you want to configure wich processes will be paused/closed then click on Config Turbo Boost.
    To fast boosting click on Boost Your PC Now, don't worry it just will close the background processess it won't close MSN or anyone, you can run it and then close manually the left processes.
    After clicking on "Boost Your PC Now" a window will pop-up indicating that the boost process has been success.

And that's all the Steps to "Reduce FPS Lag"

Part 4
    Setting up High Priority
    (thanks TDSM for this)

Part 5
    GameGain

GameGain Details and Features:

Makes direct changes to system registry and system files to enhance memory, screen drawing, animations, refresh rates, cpu threading speeds.
    Automatically adjusts settings and changes made based on computer specifications, complete fault tolerance system implemented.
    Proven technology which can double the frames per second rate in games such as id Software's ? DOOM 3 and similar shooters.
    Deep system analyzer and diagnostic features which attempt to find and repair any potential problems with the computer affecting its performance.
    Advanced program based over-clocking features to enhance memory and cpu priorities.
    Easy and intuitive user interface which performs all setting changes immediately.
    How To Use

And that's all

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 1wizz For This Useful Post:

ManeBlade (06-27-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Nice guide
    but id on't see the difference in the movies XD

Thanks
    Amazing man, but Did u pay for Advanced ACP? (Just Curious if I can get it free)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    no i didnt pay free try it out im using free one but im ganna buy the real one to get my pc faster lol but try out this tut its great ty