Thread: CoD5 Tips

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

CoD5 Tips

These are some good tips for you guys here.

I hope you like it, read it all

When it comes to waging a world war, it's important to have some strategy in your back pocket. When it comes to taking on Call of Duty: World at War, though, you're going to need a lot more than boot camp to defeat your enemies. That's why we prepared these quick tips and tricks that will assist you on the road from Recruit to Veteran, keeping your bragging rights secured!

Don't Worry, Be Grenade Happy

In any of the Call of Duty 4 engine games, soldiers typically drop regular frag grenades when they die. So make sure you chuck yours when in a firefight so that you're not leaving precious ordnance behind. Make sure to bounce 'em off the walls for those pesky ones, too. Also, don't neglect smoke grenades. They're very good at masking your position from the AI soldiers -- almost too good!

Stay Low and Check Those Corners

You may feel invulnerable, but running down the field of battle is only going to get you mowed down. Whenever moving, make sure you stay crouched or you'll be an easy target for snipers and other soldiers. World at War also has a habit of rallying bad guys behind or over you, so whenever you stop for a breath, make sure to to scan the treetops, the ledges or the path behind you. It's better than receiving a surprise bayonet in the backside.

Teamwork Makes the Dream Work

The Veteran difficulty level is tough, and you will die repeatedly if you play it the same as you play any of the other difficulties. So take advantage of the infinite ally spawns and let them go first, drawing fire and occasionally taking out an enemy. You'll still have to advance to certain spots to get them to attack more effectively, but it's a lot easier than trying to take on the entire Axis army alone.

Pray and Spray or Lie in Wait

In a multiplayer game, there's really two sound strategies to dominating a map in World at War: Pick a submachine gun and "pray and spray," holding down the trigger and hoping the bullets find their targets, or our favorite, lying in wait. While unloading a SMG sounds silly, it does do wonders due to the high rate of fire and decent damage, so don't knock it. Better, though, is taking a silenced weapon, finding one spot to camp, say behind a door, and taking out unsuspecting soldiers from behind. This way you stay safe and rack up kill streaks, which yield even more kills and that means serious XP.

The Art of Swapping Weapons

It's easy to dismiss the pistol, swapping weapons with the first enemy you take down. This is a good strategy if you like to rally with two primary weapons and don't want to take the Overkill perk. However, we actually recommend hanging onto that pistol, as when you're caught in the middle of a reload, it's a lot quicker to switch to a pistol for a final kill versus switching to that rifle you picked up.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Comet For This Useful Post:

B4M (06-25-2010),TheUser (06-25-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Well I didn't read it all. But it is interesting.
    [center]

Back in '10

Got a question?PM/VM me!
    I read them all.
    Also contact me via MSN.
    vlad@mpgh.net

Minion since:07-04-2010
    Mod since:08-31-2010
    Till : 05.07.2011

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    haha

Thanks!

yeh it is quite alot to read, but i'm glad you like it.

Thanks
    looks good

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Lol Looks good :P Didn't you read it haha

Thanks for that anyways.