Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

Post AQW Proxy NodeJS

Since it seems the user IfOnlyYouKnew avoided using/fixing the grimoire proxy/ any proxy for that matter :/ , which if done right can provide a lot more accommodating features in the end.

I went ahead and got started, it is incomplete and not perfect, as after beginning to load it fails to create the SharedObject for the game and results in a fail to show the title screen. Although it loads you via the proxy and gets accepted. Therefore this may eventually help another dev with more skill.

Install NodeJS,

Simply start the RunProxy.bat

If Node is Installed correctly the bat will start the proxy on localhost:5588

Then open the index.html [NO FLASH INSTALL REQUIRED, IT USES RUFFLE and Loads just like AQW used to in your web browser]

If All go's well it will load the game through the proxy and show a orange ruffle play button then begin to load.

THIS IS A DEV RESOURCE AND MAY HELP TO GET A PROXY ONCE AGAIN GOING LIKE WHEN GRIMOIRE WAS AT IT'S PRIME
    MODIFIED PACKETS ARE WHAT COULD COME FROM THIS, ALSO NO MORE FLASH INSTALLS IF DONE RIGHT.

<b>Downloadable Files</b> Downloadable Files

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LurkingAbout For This Useful Post:

AlekoX (12-03-2023),brertyu (12-24-2023),helloifonlyyouknew (12-10-2023),IhateThisFeature (2 Weeks Ago),komiketo (3 Weeks Ago),powercoolkid123 (03-19-2024),YIbnuN (12-08-2023)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    Thanks for your contribution

Could you elaborate on Modified Packets?

If most of the stuff are patched/secured on the server-side, what good will any modified packets do?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AlekoX For This Useful Post:

LurkingAbout (12-02-2023)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by AlekoX View Post
    Thanks for your contribution

Could you elaborate on Modified Packets?

If most of the stuff are patched/secured on the server-side, what good will any modified packets do?
    Thanks! Unless I'm Mistaken, the below information should sum it up decently.
    Here's some information for you, hope this is what you meant, or...?

"
    What is a packet?​
    Your game client and the server are in constant communication. Each transmission from one to the other is called a packet. Sometimes it's a series of packets which makeup a "stream" of packets, other times it's just 1 packet with an individual purpose. The protocols used by videos games are TCP and UDP. The game will open ports, the Operating System receives the packets and pipes them to the process with the correct port. The client and the server will both have sending and receiving functions for packets. Underlying these game functions will be the normal Windows winsock functions.
    "

Packet hacking is a technique used by some players to gain an unfair advantage over their opponents in online games 1. It involves manipulating network traffic (packets) exchanged between the game client and server to alter the game’s mechanics and gain an unfair advantage over others 1. By exploiting vulnerabilities in the game’s network protocols, packet hackers can gain various advantages, such as revealing opponents’ positions, increasing their own speed, or even rendering themselves invulnerable to damage 1. However, it is important to note that engaging in such activities is illegal in most jurisdictions 1. Online gaming companies have strict policies against cheating and hacking, and players caught engaging in packet hacking can face severe consequences, including permanent bans from the game 1. It’s paramount to understand the risks involved and the potential legal implications before considering such actions 1.
    Custom proxies can modify packets, but the extent of modification depends on the proxy software and its configuration. HTTP proxies, which forward HTTP requests, are expected to follow the W3C Guidelines for Web Content Transformation Proxies. According to these guidelines, HTTP proxies should not modify the values of header fields other than the User-Agent, Accept, Accept-Charset, Accept-Encoding, and Accept-Language header fields and must not delete header fields. Proxies should add the IP address of the initiator of the request to the end of a comma-separated list in an X-Forwarded-For HTTP header field. Proxies must (in accordance with RFC 2616) include a Via HTTP header field 1.

However, it is possible to modify the protocol of a packet using a proxy. For example, a proxy can change TCP for UDP, can change HTTP to HTTPS and vice versa, can convert FTP to FTPS, and so on, as long as it’s possible to get the data from one connection and send it to another.

-- Update --

Learned some basics, looked into some of the SWF clients here and managed to login and play using the proxy!

New version coming soon! A working AQW proxy! It's only been years now! there are drawbacks to the way I did this although it now works because of it.

Edit: PS1 WinApp Script GUI Created, Flash Projector Loader Built, Proxy Woeking, Login Successful, Files Load!

The Upcoming Release:

The Web File Deliverer option will open the game in your latest browser, no flash install needed.!

Will come packed with a Flash Projector, No Flash Install Needed.. [This is the currently stable option]
    Last edited by LurkingAbout; 12-03-2023 at 03:14 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkingAbout View Post
    Thanks! Unless I'm Mistaken, the below information should sum it up decently.
    Here's some information for you, hope this is what you meant, or...?

""

-- Update --

Learned some basics, looked into some of the SWF clients here and managed to login and play using the proxy!

New version coming soon! A working AQW proxy! It's only been years now! there are drawbacks to the way I did this although it now works because of it.

Edit: PS1 WinApp Script GUI Created, Flash Projector Loader Built, Proxy Woeking, Login Successful, Files Load!

The Upcoming Release:

The Web File Deliverer option will open the game in your latest browser, no flash install needed.!

Will come packed with a Flash Projector, No Flash Install Needed.. [This is the currently stable option]
    My bad. I was thinking that this was an improved packet tamperer/editor compared to the ones in grimoire and other clients.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Ahh ok not quite yet, will be useful though for development. I already modified the loader to run through the proxy then log the requested urls via the proxy which is most of the assets and such to a .txt file. It can easily save thousands of game asset links to a list for you and all you do is login and play.

State: NOT Public
    Planned Release, CANCELED.

Will one day be on git-hub maybe, but no MPGH version. As over a week since first uploaded attachment and no staff response.
    Last edited by LurkingAbout; 12-04-2023 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Update

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkingAbout View Post
    Ahh ok not quite yet, will be useful though for development. I already modified the loader to run through the proxy then log the requested urls via the proxy which is most of the assets and such to a .txt file. It can easily save thousands of game asset links to a list for you and all you do is login and play.

State: NOT Public
    Planned Release, CANCELED.

Will one day be on git-hub maybe, but no MPGH version. As over a week since first uploaded attachment and no staff response.
    Don't let this discourage you my man. Good luck on your future projects (Not AQW related).

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by AlekoX View Post
    Don't let this discourage you my man. Good luck on your future projects (Not AQW related).
    Haha thanks, I grabbed the Grimoire FE source and built the proxy into it. Took me a minute to figure out.

Found the source here: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1574049

The Proxy Version of Grimoire FE replaces the 1000 Gold Cottage with the Shadowfall Player Home You simply equip the Cottage Player Home and Poof you have the Shadowfall Fortress Player Home.

A list of other homes have started to be replaced by counterparts.

I will get to credits, when and if I decide to post it.

Thankfully there were plenty of resources/tutorials here.

Am I allowed to post a variant of Grimoire FE?

Update: Because if so it's going well.

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/...69b3?nocache=1
    Last edited by LurkingAbout; 12-06-2023 at 04:27 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    * Added in feature to Grimoire LA, House Upgrader.

Description: A dropdown list of houses that you can replace the 1000-Gold Home Cottage with.

Allows you to turn the cottage into whatever you want via a dropdown list of homes.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LurkingAbout For This Useful Post:

AlekoX (12-08-2023)

Thanks

nodejs

hello, can you help me to use your node js aqw proxy?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by 77VirusTotal77 View Post
    hello, can you help me to use your node js aqw proxy?
    The version released here I wanted to remove. I didn't want it released but MPGH seems to not allow post editing or attachment removal.

I am working on a version of Grimoire I forked from Grimoire LE's Source here on MPGH, then modified.

This version is unstable and not yet ready for release.

If you want to prepare for release, ensure you have installed NodeJS, then in CMD when you type node -v it should present the version.

Once that is the case move onto the next steps below.

In CMD type:

Code:
    npm install express
    Code:
    npm install fs
    Windows 7 Support may be dropped soon. Likely Win 8-11 Only in Grimoire LA releases.

Here are some wallpapers and screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/8eO8gDL
    Last edited by LurkingAbout; 12-10-2023 at 09:40 PM.

Thanks

contact

is there any possible way to contact you with telegram or some other like discord?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

is there any possible way to contact you with telegram or some other like discord?

UI Update - Win7 Support Dropped [GIF is super sped and missing many frames]

we can chat via IM in the bottom left .
    Last edited by LurkingAbout; 12-11-2023 at 06:17 AM.

Thanks
    can you help me to do
    the proxy thing me to able see the requests and posts
    as the picture shown ?
    to get urls of items .swf example. i will be soo thankfull if u can.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    can you help me to do
    the proxy thing me to able see the requests and posts
    as the picture shown ?
    to get urls of items .swf example. i will be soo thankfull if u can.
    Check your IM in the bottom left so we stop spamming the post lol.

Thanks

IM

i message you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast