Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow

Is there a .dtx editor besides photoshop?

I'm having too much trouble and no help getting my photoshop cs5 extended to open .dtx files.. I went through the tutorials, copied proper .dll's to proper folders, copied proper plugin in to correct folder as well, ive extracted the right .rez file and converted to lithtech and still can't open it in cs5.. is there anyone that can A) Help me out here.. or B) Tell me another way to edit the texture files.. I want to start making mods for CA! And contribute to mpgh.net.. any help would be greatly appreciated and I will give thanks to whoever helps me as well as put you in credits whenever i create a texture mod so people will know i didn't do it on my own!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Well, There is Paint.net or Gimp. But what exactly do you need help with for your DTX Problem? (You cant open it?)

Dont like Me? Damn

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Aesthetic For This Useful Post:

elliwgiy (10-13-2010)

The ΞΟΡΣ :/ Ultimate life points: none Awsome status: ①③]
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    well there is a section for that, discussion

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    well.. i followed jabuuty's post for noobs guide to modding.. and i went to texture mods.. i dled the rez tools and followed step by step instructions.. copied proper .dll's to photoshop directory and copied the other file to plug ins/file format folder.. i extracted .rez for the AR weapons, and then converted the g36e dtx file to lithtech using the converter.. but photoshop cs5 isn't allowing me to open it to edit it.. i have cs5 extended..

Quote Originally Posted by Purple2 View Post
    well there is a section for that, discussion
    what section might that be? I searched around for hours trying to find the proper place.. this is the Modz section, and I have a question about Modz.. I see other questions posted here often
    Last edited by elliwgiy; 10-13-2010 at 06:03 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by elliwgiy View Post
    well.. i followed jabuuty's post for noobs guide to modding.. and i went to texture mods.. i dled the rez tools and followed step by step instructions.. copied proper .dll's to photoshop directory and copied the other file to plug ins/file format folder.. i extracted .rez for the AR weapons, and then converted the g36e dtx file to lithtech using the converter.. but photoshop cs5 isn't allowing me to open it to edit it.. i have cs5 extended..

what section might that be? I searched around for hours trying to find the proper place.. this is the Modz section, and I have a question about Modz.. I see other questions posted here often
    Well idk much about Jabuuty's Thread. But follow Jarpii's/Purple instead. BTW, this Thread goes in the Mod Discussion Section. lol

Dont like Me? Damn

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Aesthetic For This Useful Post:

elliwgiy (10-13-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Aesthetic View Post
    Well idk much about Jabuuty's Thread. But follow Jarpii's/Purple instead. BTW, this Thread goes in the Mod Discussion Section. lol
    sorry last post lol.. where can i find that thread.. jarpiis?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    /request for thread to be moved to mod discussion.
    RespectList:
    Robert
    Inspiration
    777Aluseu777
    crazyquinn9/Boss-Man
    Paradox
    freedompeace
    666HiddenMaster666
    Vamperag(e)
    rexlake
    Nate
    Lonely Robot
    remixdvd

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    I'm having too much trouble and no help getting my photoshop cs5 extended to open .dtx files.. I went through the tutorials, copied proper .dll's to proper folders, copied proper plugin in to correct folder as well, ive extracted the right .rez file and converted to lithtech and still can't open it in cs5.. is there anyone that can A) Help me out here.. or B) Tell me another way to edit the texture files.. I want to start making mods for CA! And contribute to mpgh.net.. any help would be greatly appreciated and I will give thanks to whoever helps me as well as put you in credits whenever i create a texture mod so people will know i didn't do it on my own!
    you know most of the tutorials are beyond easy to follow(keep reading em) if you cant figure out that much on your own(by reading tuts) then your kinda hopeless or maybe your just not cut out for modding... yet

sorry if i might come off kinda cold but im tired of newbies posting their bs in the wrong sections

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by luey22 View Post

you know most of the tutorials are beyond easy to follow(keep reading em) if you cant figure out that much on your own(by reading tuts) then your kinda hopeless or maybe your just not cut out for modding... yet

sorry if i might come off kinda cold but im tired of newbies posting their bs in the wrong sections
    you were a noob at one point.. and im not stupid, of course i kept reading and reading and repeated teh steps more than once.. maybe theres a problem with there tutorials.. and im tired of haters trying to hate on someone who is trying to learn something new, not everybody is gods gift to man like you are im sorry

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    you were a noob at one point.. and im not stupid, of course i kept reading and reading and repeated teh steps more than once.. maybe theres a problem with there tutorials.. and im tired of haters trying to hate on someone who is trying to learn something new, not everybody is gods gift to man like you are im sorry
    And you're apology is accepted but seriously dude the tuts are accurate down to the letter, if all else fails go download a copy of gimp and you'll be fine

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by luey22 View Post

And you're apology is accepted but seriously dude the tuts are accurate down to the letter, if all else fails go download a copy of gimp and you'll be fine
    yea well i saw a few other people with the same issue as me in comments to the tutorials.. so obviously im not the only one.. and for some reason gimp 2 won't install on my pc.. i think i might have it covered, i got help from someone else.. ill find out within the next few minuetes thats for sure lol.. thanks for your reply and sorry for posting in wrong section.. they should close this..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    yea well i saw a few other people with the same issue as me in comments to the tutorials.. so obviously im not the only one.. and for some reason gimp 2 won't install on my pc.. i think i might have it covered, i got help from someone else.. ill find out within the next few minuetes thats for sure lol.. thanks for your reply and sorry for posting in wrong section.. they should close this..
    you cant "cover" a program and also we have photoshop in a stickied thread download it idiot. if not use paint .net or paint with ur teeth. I dont care just stop saying your helpless cuz u aint.
    RespectList:
    Robert
    Inspiration
    777Aluseu777
    crazyquinn9/Boss-Man
    Paradox
    freedompeace
    666HiddenMaster666
    Vamperag(e)
    rexlake
    Nate
    Lonely Robot
    remixdvd

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    I had this problem too, CS5 doesn't mod very well. I use Photoshop Portable

In with a bullet and out with hearts and love.
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Their is more than 5

I use Photoshop. I am learning how to use Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X3

OH AND: Fail thread is a fail thread

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    I use PS3, but I guess I could help. /yea

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast