Thread: How Cheap?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spiritwo View Post
    How hard is it to put all this together, or is it something you'd get help with?
    If you can put together a 25 piece puzzle you can build a computer.
    Last edited by Heartview; 11-21-2010 at 03:34 PM. Reason: 25 i meant
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by derpderp View Post
    If you can put together a 25 piece puzzle you can build a computer.
    lol ok then and this is everything you need (all the parts)
    --
    "Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."

Spiritwo |

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    How hard is it to put all this together, or is it something you'd get help with?
    Follow the manuals, even a monkey could do it. Just ground yourself (aka no static, static will kill your components).

And you can get windows free, so that will save you ~$100.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by jmuuss View Post
    Follow the manuals, even a monkey could do it. Just ground yourself (aka no static, static will kill your components).

And you can get windows free, so that will save you ~$100.
    Wait how exactly would you get say windows 7 to get on this, would you have to buy that seperately?
    --

Spiritwo |

Thanks
    Welcome to Corsair :: System Build Logs

If you need help you can refer to that guide. you can skip out on some stuff like buying static wrist bands and stuff. Just touch some metal before doing it and your fine. I put a few of mine together on my bead, but a wood floor will do good too.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    lol ok then and this is everything you need (all the parts)
    I would switch the gpu as most games seem to favor nvidia. I'm pretty certain the same price gtx 470 outperforms. The psu is an overkill. Get a 650 watt corsair, that will be enough.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    I would switch the gpu as most games seem to favor nvidia. I'm pretty certain the same price gtx 470 outperforms. The psu is an overkill. Get a 650 watt corsair, that will be enough.
    What are your guys thoughts on this ^^
    --

Spiritwo |

Thanks
    nvidia card tend to run a lot more expensive, just like their series of CPU's. And I like to stick to AMD parts fora n AMD build. The 5850 is plenty powerful, and the PSU will leave you romm to add more GPU's and HDD's and the like.

But besides, OS, HDD's and a CD drive, thats everything. You can recycle stuff from your old comp, especially HDD, to save some cash. Also I forgot to mention, the stock cooler might be a little less powerful. Here is the one I had to install:
    Newegg.com - ZALMAN CNPS10X Extreme 120mm CPU Cooler with Worlds first PWM Fan Speed Controller

Also, you might want this one instead:
    Newegg.com - ZALMAN CNPS10X FLEX CPU Cooler
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    What are your guys thoughts on this ^^
    Those two gpus only require like 550-600 watt. 900 is if your crossfiring or sli'ing 2 high end cards.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-141-_-Product

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-073-_-Product
    Last edited by jmuuss; 11-21-2010 at 03:47 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    To attach additional fans like this do you just find an empty part in the case? (if your using the stock cooler as well)
    --

Spiritwo |

Thanks
    To attach additional fans like this do you just find an empty part in the case? (if your using the stock cooler as well)
    There would be no need to get another heatsink if your using stock.

950W is not expensive, and allows you too add more to it. Going cheaper wont save you a lot of money, and may wind up hurting you in the end, especially if you consider expanding.

And the HD5850 has pretty much everything better than the 480 atm besides memory. Its just a little safer to keep builds centralized. It wont hurt it, and if you really want a nvidia card, then you can get one, but Im saying that the 5850 will give a better bang for buck, and the PSU will allow for crossfire later on.

Also, benchmark results are pretty much usless as no games would be doing anything like a benchmark would be doing. I run Crysis on everything extra, on a build less than what I listed out, and I have a steady 50+FPS.
    Last edited by Heartview; 11-21-2010 at 03:51 PM.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    There would be no need to get another heatsink if your using stock.

950W is not expensive, and allows you too add more to it. Going cheaper wont save you a lot of money, and may wind up hurting you in the end, especially if you consider expanding.

And the HD5850 has pretty much everything better than the 480 atm besides memory. Its just a little safer to keep builds centralized. It wont hurt it, and if you really want a nvidia card, then you can get one, but Im saying that the 5850 will give a better bang for buck, and the PSU will allow for crossfire later on.

Also, benchmark results are pretty much usless as no games would be doing anything like a benchmark would be doing. I run Crysis on everything extra, on a build less than what I listed out, and I have a steady 50+FPS.
    I suppose its a matter of opinion...I'm actually ditching my 5770 for a gtx 470 in about 3 weeks.

Thanks
    I suppose its a matter of opinion...I'm actually ditching my 5770 for a gtx 470 in about 3 weeks.
    At this point in the market it pretty much is. But for budget builds? ATI Is the way to go. the fact that the 5850 is still over $200 baffles me. I picked up a 4850 not 4 months after it was released for $150.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    At this point in the market it pretty much is. But for budget builds? ATI Is the way to go. the fact that the 5850 is still over $200 baffles me. I picked up a 4850 not 4 months after it was released for $150.
    The gap between the 470 and other cards is my reasoning for wanting one. A 480 is $500, so no way, and a 5870 is just not worth it overall with a $100 premium. I hear the 6XXX series isn't worth it.

Thanks
    The gap between the 470 and other cards is my reasoning for wanting one. A 480 is $500, so no way, and a 5870 is just not worth it overall with a $100 premium. I hear the 6XXX series isn't worth it.
    6xxx series is just a re-release of teh 5xxx series so no its not worth it. And frankly I have yet to see a noticeable difference between any high end cards. a bud of mine build uber rigs, and lets me play them if he cant sell it right away, and there is no noticeable difference in my 2yo comp, and his new comp. well a little difference but considering I got mine for like $2000 cheaper, a 2-15 FPS difference is not noticeable.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast