Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

[Share]Android Meets The Classics[Apps]

Android Meets The Classics

(If you like this one, check out the SNES,NES, and GEN Emulators for your android device)
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/337-androi...ml#post3133793

Play this (and thousands of other Playstation games on your android phone)

For those of you who don't know , Pretty much right off in the beginning of the Android OS, Classic Systems like NES, SNES, GEN, and Gameboy/color all wee emulated flawlessly on most android phones/devices.

Recently it was announced that now the PSX (Playstation) can be emulated, and to prove it, a emulator for the Android was developed and is available for $6 in the Market. The application name is psx4droid.(by: ZODTTG) and is currently the only playstation emulator for the android at the moment and so far I am liking what I see.

I have heard this was going to be released for ages, but I had my doubts, and here I am standing face to face with my Android Device and Final Fantasy 7.

I want to take a second and point out a few key features, including one of my favorites.

- PSX4Droid will play all playstation formats and roms including BIN,ISO,IMG,PBP,Z,ZNX, and Eboot

- You can use the Tackball/Tackpad as a Dpad

- Memory card & save states

- Virtual control overlay (for on screen controls)
    ~ I don't personally like this method as the buttons get in the way, or sometimes will scale the game a little to small for my liking

and my favorite feature is Wiimote support, with wiimotes being Bluetooth devices as well as most phones today, it was a match made in heaven, take control of your game with a wiimote, which in my opinion adds a little more excitement.

So if you are as excited as I am, feel free to download this application from here. FREE!

I will warn you however, you will need to find the BIOS (scph1000 , or appropriate for your region) or dump the bios from the playstation you own (the legal way)

In order to download and install this application, you need to take a few steps first ( as it is not from the market itself)

First you will need to download the zipfile to your memory card or other location, unzip the file either on your PC/Mac then load it to your memory card, or use a application like "unzip" available free in the app market. Once it is unzipped, you will need to allow installs from a unknown source follow the steps below if you are unsure how to do so.

Step 1
    Access the settings menu.

Step 2
    Drill down by clicking on the Applications Button.

Step 3
    Tap the Unknown Sources Button

(if asked "are you sure", or receive a warning about the dangers of excepting unknown sources, click yes)

Once you allow unknown sources simply click on the extracted .APK file, it will ask you if you would like to install, once you install the application you are pretty much all set.

In order to run the emulator you will need the BIOS (for your region, or the region of game) and the roms itself.

Have Fun.

Screen Shots.

Virus Scans

VirusTotal - Free Online Virus, Malware and URL Scanner

psx4droid.zip - Jotti's malware scan

Download Attached
    Last edited by NextGen1; 11-21-2010 at 07:20 PM.

The Most complete application MPGH will ever offer - 68%

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NextGen1 For This Useful Post:

Blubb1337 (11-22-2010),The Philosopher (10-14-2011)