Hello my dear friends,
As you may know there has been so much lag in black ops lately. Well you probably tried everything to stop it, and we all know we don't want to have to build another gaming rig (i recently did though after i got some money). So please follow these steps. (*Note some of the stuff might not be in the config and you have to type it in the console)

Step 1. Go to your config_mp.cfg or (open your game console)

Step 2. (Follow this step only if you don't have dual Graphics Cards otherwise skip this step) Right click on config_mp.cfg and open it with notepad the hit Ctrl+F and find r_multiGpu and change the 1 in the " " to 0 so it looks like this (r_multiGpu "0") [*This applys to everything you change in the config file]

Step 3. (Optional but you can try it) Find r_multithreaded_device and change its value to "0"

Step 4. Next find r_vsync and change its value to "0"

Step 6. Now change r_blur_allowed to "0"

Step 7. Change r_distortion to "0"

Step 8. Change r_dof_enable to "0"

Step 9. Change r_glow_allowed to "0"

Step 10. Launch then game then alt+Esc out and go to task manager

Step 11. Then go to Processes and find steam (right click and change its priority to low)

Step 12. Find Black Ops in the processes tab and change its priority to high
(*Note Make sure you do this everytime you run the game and steam)

Step 13. (Finally Go to your game settings and change your resolution to the lowest option, the change screen refresh rate to 29 or the lowest it will go to, (*Basically put the game in all lowest settings also running the game in windowed mode help a bit)

Thank You and I hoped it Helped