Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed

Cool The_System's Homebrew Enabler and ISO Loader on 6.20

Introduction

Howzit my MPGH Friends
    Well after some time after my last post Total_Noob has finally released his HEN for PSP FW 6.20. But this no ordinary HEN like the Patapon 2 Demo Homebrew loader(can be found in my previous thread) this one has a VSH Menu & more.
    This is basically a CTF. And to top it all off Liquidzigong has released a ISO Loader for the HEN.

What you'll need

• OFW 6.20
    • Patapon 2 Demo (Google it)
    • A PSP
    • Files to download below

What PSPs will work

• PSP Go
    • PSP 3000 (Brite) *BUT NOT 4G
    • PSP 2000 (Slim)
    • PSP 1000 (Phat)

*Don't actually know how to detect this but it is the newest PSP 3000, but if you don't know which one you have don't worry it can do nothing to your PSP if you have the 4G version. The only thing that happens is the PSP will reset after awhile.

Tutorial

Step 1: Download Patapon 2 Demo(google it) and copy it to ms0:/psp/game.
    Step 2: Download HEN.rar below and copy files to ms0: ie. root of PSP.
    Step 3: Unplug PSP from PC and launch Patapon 2 demo.
    Step 4: Load the wololo's return Save Game.
    Step 5: Press any key when the game says "Press any Key" then press the R key.
    Step 6: Now, you will be inside the HBL, scroll down to HEN and launch it.
    Step 7: Your PSP will then flash some screens and exit to the XMB menu.
    Step 8: HEN has now loaded, to confirm this just go to Settings-System Information, if it shows 6.20 TN-A (HEN), you have successfully enabled homebrew on your 6.20 PSP.
    Step 9: Now you can launch all your homebrew directly from your XMB without needing to go back into Patapon 2. Now just copy all your homebrew into the ms0:/PSP/GAME/ folder.
    Step 10: To play your LEGITIMATE GAME COPIES (ie ISOs) you need to copy them into the ISO folder in the root of the PSP. Then launch the ISO loader from the XMB menu.
    Step 11: Enjoy your Homebrew enabled PSP.

Video Teaser:

[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/NRjSFXayHNE&rel=0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded &version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/NRjSFXayHNE&rel=0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded &version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/M7DoyVoBC-U?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/M7DoyVoBC-U?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

FAQ

Q: My HEN keeps crashing?
    A:
    PSP Go Owners: Ok my PSP Go works and then later it crashes out on second attempts to load 6.20 HEN. There is a fix it seems. For PSP Go owners, try this in the hbl folder edit the hbl_config.txt and remove this line override_sceIoMkdir=-1 it should then boot dispute displaying a memory leak error.

Other tips that may help:
    1. After the HEN is loaded, remove the memory stick, then select “Reset VSH” from the VSH Menu (accessed by pressing select at the XMB). Once the reset has completed, insert the memory stick and run your homebrew. This must be repeated each time you load a new homebrew.
    2. Disable or remove vMenu for HBL, this is causing issues it seems
    3. Try changing the hbl_config.txt. Editing or commenting out variables has helped some users
    4. Try a format and start over fresh with a new install of everything. (Don’t forget to back up your memory first!)
    5. PSP Go and PSP-2000 TA88v3 users, remove override_sceIoMkdir=-1 from the hbl_config.txt. See if it helps
    6. Don’t use any plug-ins, keep ms0:/seplugins empty for now as most plug-ins do not work on 6.20 TN HEN anyway.

Q: Receiving a “memory leak” error?
    A: The “memory leak” error is absolutely NOT a problem for loading the Hen. It is an internal error in HBL, but has no impact since the PSP cleans up the user ram upon reboot.

Tricks

• Press SELECT to access VSH menu
    • VSH has lost of features you can use
    • Enter VSH menu & choose SHUTDOWN DEVICE to revert PSP to Pre-HEN state
    • No need to access Patapon 2 Demo again, just run Homebrew from XMB

Virus Scans

Jotti's Malware Scan
    VirusTotal

Credits

Wololo - HBL
    Total_Noob - HEN
    Liquidzigong - ISO Loader
    The_System - Compiling RAR and making TuT

REP ME AND THANK ME
    Last edited by Killian; 01-10-2011 at 08:30 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 648DFSsdQ#$4 For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Killian (12-29-2010),Soff7fan (01-12-2011)

Thanks
    Its safe, approved.

Good job bro!

Thanks
    I read awhile ago for installing ChickHEN size of memory stick mattered.(I'm aware this is not ChickHen, I'm just a noob so I'm assuming these are similar in some ways) So if I bought a 16g or 32g memory stick would their be any problems?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    There is no problems with MS size that I am aware of with this HEN.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    This thread is super popular... for spammers derp

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dave84311 For This Useful Post:

Justin (01-21-2011)