Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

[INFO] Stop Using Texture's

i believe everyone should stop using texture's/backup & verify their game files, they have been patched luckily we are only getting a kick/error instead of bans, this is what happend to me;

https://www.mpgh.net/forum/355-call-d...ied-error.html

you may have read that thread, so looks like we should hold off for now, until we mod new ones and are the same as the crc of the "new" originals, i don't think they patched the methods etc, just like when you download hacks they get detected and need to find new offsets, but in our case its re-mod them hex etc.. (i pray this is the case)

for your own safety and vac status.

toobs.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lonely
    MD5 check?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by toobanooba View Post
    i believe everyone should stop using texture's/backup & verify their game files, they have been patched luckily we are only getting a kick/error instead of bans, this is what happend to me;

https://www.mpgh.net/forum/355-call-d...ied-error.html

you may have read that thread, so looks like we should hold off for now, until we mod new ones and are the same as the crc of the "new" originals, i don't think they patched the methods etc, just like when you download hacks they get detected and need to find new offsets, but in our case its re-mod them hex etc.. (i pray this is the case)

for your own safety and vac status.

toobs.
    As far as I know, they did not update CRC's. I did use textures. However, I backed up the files before I applied the textures. So now, I reput those backupped files. Working - with the iwd files from a few weeks ago. So CRC should still be the same.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by [WhA]4FunPlayin View Post
    MD5 check?
    i think since there is just been a steam client update

Thanks
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubb1337 View Post
    As far as I know, they did not update CRC's. I did use textures. However, I backed up the files before I applied the textures. So now, I reput those backupped files. Working - with the iwd files from a few weeks ago. So CRC should still be the same.
    so youre still using the textures?

Thanks
    No, I'm not.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold
    Holy crap, I hate Gayarch... I'm missing my lovely textures, bring 'em back! >_<

Thanks
    I was going to post this in a separate thread, but for some reason it wouldn't let me.

Guide: How to make custom textures work after January 20th

So today Treyarch released a new patch. Many think that this patch fixed the texture hacks. It didn't, they just messed around with some stuff. I don't even think their intention was to "fix" texture mods, but they only broke it temporarily.

Anyway, here's how you update your files so you can yet again play CoD:BO with texture mods:

1. Navigate to the "..\Steam\SteamApps\common\call of duty black ops\main" folder.
    2. Rename all your modded files like in this example: "iw_01.iwd" => "localized_English_bajs_iw_01.iwd".
    3. Profit!

Enjoy

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JDZ For This Useful Post:

63OR63 (01-22-2011),schwep (01-22-2011),xbeatsszzx (01-21-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    Thnx i needed this guide
    I Am on this site for the mods for mw2 ONLY. Not hacks.

Thanks
    Wait so all I have to do is move the textures over then rename the iw_01.iwd files thats in the main folder of our steam directory to the new name?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mun1688 View Post
    Wait so all I have to do is move the textures over then rename the iw_01.iwd files thats in the main folder of our steam directory to the new name?
    Exactly

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    Quote Originally Posted by JDZ View Post
    I was going to post this in a separate thread, but for some reason it wouldn't let me.

So today Treyarch released a new patch. Many think that this patch fixed the texture hacks. It didn't, they just messed around with some stuff. I don't even think their intention was to "fix" texture mods, but they only broke it temporarily.

Anyway, here's how you update your files so you can yet again play CoD:BO with texture mods:

1. Navigate to the "..\Steam\SteamApps\common\call of duty black ops\main" folder.
    2. Rename all your modded files like in this example: "iw_01.iwd" => "localized_English_bajs_iw_01.iwd".
    3. Profit!

Enjoy
    i hope you are exclide

otherwise give him credits

14. The Following User Says Thank You to d0h For This Useful Post:

Skyline. (01-21-2011)

Thanks
    Exactly
    Yay! It works. Great job dude!

Thanks
    I don't think they are going to ban for textures only kick you when they implement md5 checks upon connection.

Thanks

3. Profit!

Enjoy
    thats what u do on cod 4 to stop them from kicking you for being impure blah blah blah

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast