Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

How to make your own CS 1.6 server.

Hello, this is my first time posting here and I thought I make tutorial on how to make your own CS 1.6 dedicated server. Will say almost everything you need to know to get your server up and running, will not include how to port forward because I don't know myself how to do it.

Tools we need:

HLDSUpdateTool.
    AmxModX.
    Free space on your harddrive.

1. Start with downloading the HLDSUpdateTool from the attachments. Make a new folder anywhere you want, suggest at C:\ with the name HLDS (Ex: C:\HLDS, will be much easier)

2. Install the program at C:\HLDS (or there you made the folder).

3. Press start and then run, type in cmd and hit enter. Type in "cd C:\HLDS" (without the quote marks) and hit enter again. If you see a new rowe with "C:\HLDS" you done it right.

4. Now type in
    hldsupdatetool.exe -command update -game valve -dir .
    Remember to write the dot or it might not work. It will now download half of all the files that we need to run the server.

5. After you se "HLDS installation up to date" in the command prompt we will install the Counter -Strike mod for the server. When the download is done type in this.
    hldsupdatetool.exe -command update -game cstrike -dir .
    After its downloaded you will get the same message as last time, HLDS installation up to date.

Now we have all the files, lets start to install AmxModX to the server and fix the Server Config.

In the folder "C:\HLDS\cstrike you will find a file named server.cfg, open it with notepad and remove everything in it and paste this there:
    Code:
    hostname HOSTNAME
    mp_autokick 0
    mp_autocrosshair 0
    mp_autoteambalance 0
    mp_buytime 2
    mp_consistency 1
    mp_c4timer 35
    mp_fadetoblack 0
    mp_falldamage 0
    mp_flashlight 1
    mp_forcecamera 3
    mp_forcechasecam 2
    mp_friendlyfire 1
    mp_freezetime 3
    mp_fraglimit 0
    mp_hostagepenalty 0
    mp_limitteams 6
    mp_logfile 1
    mp_logmessages 1
    mp_logdetail 3
    mp_maxrounds 0
    mp_playerid 0
    mp_roundtime 3
    mp_startmoney 800
    mp_timelimit 35
    mp_tkpunish 0
    mp_winlimit 0

sv_aim 0
    sv_airaccelerate 10
    sv_airmove 1
    sv_allowdownload 1
    sv_clienttrace 1.0
    sv_clipmode 0
    sv_allo******* 1
    sv_cheats 0
    sv_gravity 800
    sv_lan 1
    sv_maxrate 7000
    sv_maxspeed 320
    sv_maxupdaterate 101
    sys_ticrate 10000
    decalfrequency 60
    pausable 0
    log on
    decalfrequency 60
    edgefriction 2
    host_framerate 0
    exec listip.cfg
    exec banned.cfg
    rcon_password PASSWORD
    At HOSTNAME we can type anything we want example "Zoubiey's Counter-Strike Server"
    PASSWORD is the rcon password, used by admins for access the remote control. This parts isnt really necessary to do because when you start the server you can type the hostname and the rcon password from there so you don't need to change it in here everytime you need.

AmxModX Installation.

1.Download the installation file from the attachments and install it. When it's installed you will have to choose if you want to run Amx Mod X Installer 1.81, just press next because you need to use it.

2. On the next installer just press next and accept the terms and then you will get to the "Choose install method", choose Select Mod Directory and press next.

3. A new little window will pop-up, now go to C:\HLDS\cstrike in that window, just mark the cstrike folder. Now choose CS as custom game addon. Hit OK and it will start installing Amx Mod X to the server. When that's done you got a fully working server that other people can join (If you have opened the needed ports in your router if you use one)

Adding custom plugins/mods to the server is easy but I recommend to follow the installation instructions at the original website for plugins. PM me if you want to know the site, think it's against the rules to post it here.

Starting the server.
    Go back to C:\HLDS and double click on hlds, that's your server starter. A green window will pop-up. Here you can enter the server name you want, which map to start with, how many players, which port to use and the rcon password. Press start server when you are done and you will get a new green window, now the server is working!

Got problem? Post them here or PM me and I will answer as fast as I can.
    Don't get the instructions? Post or PM me and I show you with a picture.

Virus Scans of the files:
    AmxModX:
    VirusTotal - Free Online Virus, Malware and URL Scanner
    amxmodx-installer-1.8.1.rar MD5:07bc4708fa536eb5dce9db74721e68d0 - VirSCAN.org 3% Scanner(s) (1/36) found malware!
    Only false positivies, this file is downloaded from the original amxmodx website.
    HLDSUpdateTool:
    VirusTotal - Free Online Virus, Malware and URL Scanner
    hldsupdatetool.rar MD5:3adb289b9edeaf3704647e49ece7a556 - VirSCAN.org Scanners did not find malware!
    Last edited by zoubiey; 01-26-2011 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lumpylog View Post
    Whats a "BR" ?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to zoubiey For This Useful Post:

GBot! (01-26-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    [COLD]Taker is going to love this /thanks
    Auto updating tools arent allowed
    Last edited by GBot!; 01-26-2011 at 11:26 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    [COLD]Taker is going to love this /thanks
    Auto updating tools arent allowed
    auto updating? The rules didnt say anything about that and if you are talking about hlds tool. Its the only way to get the files.

Quote Originally Posted by lumpylog View Post
    Whats a "BR" ?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Crappy
    nice great contribution!