Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Question on modding

Hi all, i have 2 questions to ask...
    1) is there a file named like blank.dtx, to fix some scopes or silencers when crossmodding?
    2) with model edit, i've tried to make guns bigger after crossmodding enhancing the user dimension and translating all animations by 1 point, but ingame looks the same as i didnt do nothing. how can i make guns bigger?

please answer me

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    no one can help me?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    well do more then 1 point for number 2 try 2 or 3 or 5 points maybe, and as for the first one no sorry i cant answer that question i never looked much past texture modding

Thanks
    You cannot fix textures whilst crossmodding. Only several guns will have the appropriate textures when crossmodded. Don't ask me why, I don't know.

BLANK.DTX is used for model swapping. For example, If I swap the M416 to the M416CQB, I can make a BLANK.DTX file with the laser pointer on the side's texture in it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    yes, when i say crossmodding, i mean model swapping...
    thank for answering me , i will try again with model edit to make guns bigger, i hope it works...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Drunk
    Quote Originally Posted by Creev View Post
    Hi all, i have 2 questions to ask...
    1) is there a file named like blank.dtx, to fix some scopes or silencers when crossmodding?
    2) with model edit, i've tried to make guns bigger after crossmodding enhancing the user dimension and translating all animations by 1 point, but ingame looks the same as i didnt do nothing. how can i make guns bigger?

please answer me
    1) If u made a (example) M16 to m416 CQB than the scope will be black n' whit failed...
    So you take the CQB's Scope (.DTX) and inject as BLANK.DTX!

2)The guns Released on BETA Combat Arms are the "BIG ones" and the after BETA phase are the small one, the only BETA pha small guns are: FAMAS and L96A1... If you change the guns "AINBASE" to "ANI_G" they will be smaller.
    Except L9 and Famas

Quote Originally Posted by aeronyx View Post
    You cannot fix textures whilst crossmodding. Only several guns will have the appropriate textures when crossmodded. Don't ask me why, I don't know.
    That's why:

ANIMATION BASES DON't have any texture set by the server, so it mix with ur hands textures, but the PMVLA, PMSH, CM_HND_SP_... blah, etc has set textures the PV_...
    Last edited by leoisso; 01-29-2011 at 09:20 AM.