Thread: XM8 Review

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

XM8 Review

I don't plan on making a video, as I know that other reviewers will get it before me.

XM8: A planned weapon between Germany and the US to replaced the M16 series as a light hard hitting rifle. Because the weapon was expensive to make, the US toss the idea out to door.

Damage: Damage is actually quite good, however, because you expected the rifle to kill the people from 3-5 shots. You are annoyed to find that they are almost dead sometimes. The rifle is known as the 'Backtalker' because of that round that could kill the enemy never did. The rifle's rounds seem to only be effective to a point and so you can't really do a quick burst to kill someone.

Maybe it is just me, but I don't go full auto my gun, instead I fired a quick burst of 5-6 shots and MOST of the times it kills people with any weapons. However, the 5-6 shots doesn't seem to really hit them and so I have to go full auto sometimes.

Range: Weapons is very good at close range-medium range without the need for a scope. The weapon's does quite well at long range. What suprised me that the weapon lacks or doesn't have a bullet drop off. Because the XM8 was able to shoot at someone quite far (like across Killcreek). While you do need to get a little closer (near the end of the trains and back a bit) you are able to tapfire people.

Recoil/Spread: They are actually very stable, I don't see a massive boost or anything. When I used the scope I didn't see my scope shooting up or anything like the G36. It had the same recoil in the same as the M417 SB series. The spread is quite good for this gun, nothing more to say. But try and fire in taps or quick bursts.

Scope: The scope is a sniper scope belong to the M417 SB family.

Reload: Reloading is quite fast.

Portability: Quite good, not as fast as the SMGs or some lighter ARs.

Rof: Quite fast, not as fast as the F2000 or anything, but quick and easy to control.

I don't see why people are putting so many negative thoughts about this gun.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouzie View Post
    I don't plan on making a video, as I know that other reviewers will get it before me.

XM8: A planned weapon between Germany and the US to replaced the M16 series as a light hard hitting rifle. Because the weapon was expensive to make, the US toss the idea out to door.

Damage: Damage is actually quite good, however, because you expected the rifle to kill the people from 3-5 shots. You are annoyed to find that they are almost dead sometimes. The rifle is known as the 'Backtalker' because of that round that could kill the enemy never did. The rifle's rounds seem to only be effective to a point and so you can't really do a quick burst to kill someone.

Maybe it is just me, but I don't go full auto my gun, instead I fired a quick burst of 5-6 shots and MOST of the times it kills people with any weapons. However, the 5-6 shots doesn't seem to really hit them and so I have to go full auto sometimes.

Range: Weapons is very good at close range-medium range without the need for a scope. The weapon's does quite well at long range. What suprised me that the weapon lacks or doesn't have a bullet drop off. Because the XM8 was able to shoot at someone quite far (like across Killcreek). While you do need to get a little closer (near the end of the trains and back a bit) you are able to tapfire people.

Recoil/Spread: They are actually very stable, I don't see a massive boost or anything. When I used the scope I didn't see my scope shooting up or anything like the G36. It had the same recoil in the same as the M417 SB series. The spread is quite good for this gun, nothing more to say. But try and fire in taps or quick bursts.

Scope: The scope is a sniper scope belong to the M417 SB family.

Reload: Reloading is quite fast.

Portability: Quite good, not as fast as the SMGs or some lighter ARs.

Rof: Quite fast, not as fast as the F2000 or anything, but quick and easy to control.

I don't see why people are putting so many negative thoughts about this gun.
    didnt it get scrapped even before beta?
    LOL

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by noob555 View Post
    didnt it get scrapped even before beta?
    LOL
    It was beta, before they scrapped it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mouzie For This Useful Post:

noob555 (02-03-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    So I was debating whether to get a valk or an XM-8 perm, should I go for the XM-8?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    lol, i made the review on it the day it came out for 1 day, i bought it for perm cuz my b-day was just 3 days before it and i got nx. I would tell you my youtube but my legit account's info is in an secure area where nexon can't get it :P

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by [TROLL]1nt3l View Post
    So I was debating whether to get a valk or an XM-8 perm, should I go for the XM-8?
    XM8 is VERY good, get it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Over the Valk? Damn, must VERY good to be betta then the g36.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by lawtaco View Post
    lol, i made the review on it the day it came out for 1 day, i bought it for perm cuz my b-day was just 3 days before it and i got nx. I would tell you my youtube but my legit account's info is in an secure area where nexon can't get it :P

LAWL, he thinks hes safe on the internet
    TROLL MATH
    14 posts per thread per hour, even at 1 thread an hour in 5 hours, general trolling time, thats 70 posts, and seeing as i try to run it at about 3 threads at a time, then i can make 210 posts in a day which means in 10 days i could be back to where i am if i started a new account, lol so in theory in a month id have 6k posts, in 2 months id have 12k, in 3 months 18k, in 4 months id have 24k and i could have the highest post count on the forum

14*3*5*10*3*4=highest post count on the forums in 4 months

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Over the Valk? Damn, must VERY good to be betta then the g36.
    I'll make a video for you.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by RedThunder® View Post

LAWL, he thinks hes safe on the internet

quoted for truth.

Boys and girls, you are not safe on the internetz. Be aware of that before you enter.

Thanks

quoted for truth.

Boys and girls, you are not safe on the internetz. Be aware of that before you enter.
    Because trolls like this guy will rape you.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post

Because trolls like this guy will rape you.
    Problem ?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouzie View Post
    XM8 is VERY good, get it.
    G36>xm8
    i have xm8 perm
    -_-

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by noob555 View Post
    G36>xm8
    i have xm8 perm
    -_-
    Wrong, you suck with any ARs and you said it yourself. So hush little one.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    lol unless you guys keylog and track my accounts and histoy(its called stalking) you wont really find my account without info(and lawtaco aint my legit one)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast