Thanks

Is it possible for Nexon to completely block the console?

Is it possible for Nexon to completely block the console? Like. No weapon commands or speed commands or anything.
    Personally I don't think its possible since the game itself is built on the Source Engine, which is all about the console.

What do you guys think?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Well, i'm sure it's completely possible to add in a script that detects whether or not the console is up and if it is, then ban the player automatically before any havoc can be created. There's probably also scripts out there that can prevent the console coming up in the first place. But can nexon do it? lol they can barely handle the terrible latency problems with Vindictus.

Thanks
    blocking takes more effort than adding detecting methods with source.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Yeah, there's always the shortcut method if all else fails.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    All they have to do is disable it. The console is embedded into the game.

Thanks
    From my guess they probably have commands of their own they use, so they won't disable it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by hellome0 View Post
    From my guess they probably have commands of their own they use, so they won't disable it.
    All they have to do is enable it for testing. Then disable once a new update is released.

Thanks
    I meant that's included in the admin's client or something...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    No, w/a/s/d etc are all bound to things, which execute in the same as the console commands do. However they COULD remove the obvious cheat vars hardcode their values in the client(not likely)
    Ah we-a blaze the fyah, make it bun dem!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Demon View Post
    No, w/a/s/d etc are all bound to things, which execute in the same as the console commands do. However they COULD remove the obvious cheat vars hardcode their values in the client(not likely)
    I think the easiest solution would be to use Hackshield to monitor cvars. Wouldn't stop things such as host_timescale, but it would effectively limit the chaos and work as a scare tactic. Hard-coding anything in the source engine is a game of chance from what I understand of it's fickle behavior.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    they arent going to block it when they get off their asses and patch this, they will most likely remove the system from the game.

In mw2 they had huge problems with console commands, so they ended up just removing the entire thing. I doubt Vindictus devs even use the command console. So removing it wouldnt affect them in any way.

Thanks
    Question.
    Since the console is detectable, yet still available to use for hacking purposes, it's next to impossible to be banned if you always solo a mission, right? Since you host your own game on your own server (your computer)? Just curious.

OnTopic: The best they can do is cripple a trainer/console, before a new one is created and the new one works around the old patch. That's the only method Nexon knows how to do. I doubt they would waste their time to remove the entire command console from the game; Nexon is only good at taking a game from Korea and running it through Google Translate.