Quote Originally Posted by -DarK1272- View Post
you seem to be fighting me rather then trying to help out...

Back on topic

ok you dont seem to see my point of view... what im saying is....
if i convert the LTB to X then run it in blender (Model editor) to say add some design or some other type of addition to the gun and make my own DTX (that parts easy). then used blender's "export to LTA", then used LTA to LTB then useing model edit to import the anamation from the unedited gun then when all is finnished inject the files OVER the gun changed...

now whos to say its only going to be the M16?! i can change any gun i wish... and your other point about "you cant change stats" well no duh. you cant change stats useing DTX edits yet we still make/use them... this is all aesthetics

and why would i take so much time to do one little thing? well lets just say IF this works then i will be makeing something MUCH better then a DTX edit... trust me... you are all going to love it IF its possible
I've seen too many people that come here and think that "making a custom weapon" is as easy as overlaying a solid color to the DTX for a weapon. Even if you did make a gun and exported it, you would only have the gun, and no hands. It's spelled animation, not anamation, and finished doesn't have an extra n. Also, trying to import animations with model edit will produce one of two results. Either your model edit will crash or it's not going to work if you don't have the right nodes.

Of course you could change any gun you wish. But your original statement implied that you were going to use something without any cost. You could never change the stats with DTX files, other than the unofficial stat of beauty. You could change fire rate, visual recoil and some other stuff that I won't bother saying since you obviously aren't that educated in that field of modding.

You really think UV Unwrapping is just clicking a spot and just putting a bunch of colors there? It's much more than that. If you don't get it right, you'll have a gun with a texture that looks so much like shit, that even a weapon from the original Doom would look over 9000 times better.

Quote Originally Posted by -DarK1272- View Post
oi oi oi!! im saying! if i where to mod the model of ONE GUN then import the anamation from THE GUNS ORAGNLE FORM then it will work right?
Since I'm kind of a grammar Nazi, I'm sorry to do this but...
-"oi oi oi!!" is the sound of a pig, so are you a civilized human being or are you bacon that's going to be in my breakfast tomorrow.
-Definition of Oragnle: "Error, this word does not exist in the English Language. However, it does exist in the minds of uneducated people who like to type words incorrectly to look cool"

As for what you're saying, let me friend, the Engineer, help you.

Your folly knows no limits.