Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired

[Guide] Teemo, The Offensive Supporter

Gonna try and revive this section a little by posting a few guides here and there about the champions I have played quite often and am decent at. Teemo happens to be my favorite at the moment, so a guide on him seems worthy.

--**BEFORE YOU EVEN PICK HIM**--
    Ask yourself these two questions -- Do I want a lot of kills? Do I rush in too much?

If you answered yes to either of these questions, hit back now, if you said kinda then keep reading. Teemo is a very supportive player, and this guide WILL NOT gain you a crap load of kills due to the lack of damage in it. He is also very squishy, so if you run in a lot, you're going to feed really easily. The reason the title is Offensive is cuz you spec offensive and are somewhat offensive later on.

Bottom Line: Play decently smart and expect to get few kills and a ton of assists.

--**Getting Started w/ Runes and Masteries**--
    Teemo is a best Attack Speed and Ability Power champion. You're going to want to go 21/0/9.

If you noticed, yes you will be going Exhaust/Ignite. For runes go \/ Mark - Magic Pen/\/Glyph - AP/\/Seal - AS/\/Quint - Extra Health\/

--**Your Item Build and Alternatives**--

Boots of Movement --> 2/3 Health Pots --> Beserker's Greaves --> Malady --> Guinsoo's Rageblade / Nashor's Tooth (Read later on on why either) --> The opposite of the one mentioned before --> Rylai's Sceptor --> Madred's Bloodrazor

After reading this you might be thinking, wow, that's a lot like the recommended build. Well, it is, because for once Riot got a recommended build pretty damn close. I'll explain each in depth: Boots of Movement: Dorans is pretty dumb since you're going to get some Pot (U c wat i did thar?). Beserker's Graves because this build revolves around attack speed, and the run increase is a must for later on and escaping. Malady for the added AP, the AS, and the MR ripping is nice too! Nashoor's Tooth because of the AP and AS, the regen and CDR are a plus! Rylai's for the health and AP. Madred's for ripping up tanks with all of your items AS's for massive lulz. Nothing like doing about 10% of there health per second, amirite?

Now for the alternatives:
    Instead of a Rylais' if you find yourself dieing to lack of armor, go for a Thornmail. Don't ask why, it just is an amazing thing to have to counter their physical damage. If you don't want a thornmail try an Aegis, it is somewhat decent for the team buff. If you feel more HP is needed, try a frozen mallet. It actually does somewhat good. If you're seeking more AP, try out something like a Rod of Ages, more health, more mana, and more AP. I haven't tried a trinity force, but in my mind i could see it viable.

--**Abilities and What They Mean**--
    I can not stress enough how important it is to stay back, you will be dominated if you try to an hero in. Your Ability priority should be E->R->Q->W only because your E is a passive that costs nothing and is great pressure at any point in the game, and can also cause a kill on a summoner as he runs. R is your shroom, if you don't place them your team will hate you, as Teemo is known for placing random shrooms for benefit of his team. Place your shrooms in bushes, rivers, and on the edge of lanes that connect to forest. These give you 3 things: 1.) Visibility of the area 2.) Slow down fleeing heroes. 3.) Cover while running. Your team always loves a shroom happy person. The more you place the better off you are at defending your team against ganks. Never let yourself gather 3 of them though, because after 3 the time to make one stops until you're at 2. Bottom line: ALWAYS PLANT SHROOMS. Your Q should be about the second or first skill you get because of it's initiating ability and the blind on demand. If you do gank from a lane your Q skill does two things and that is Blind the person and do a massive amount of damage. Your W is self explanatory, but ALWAYS deactivate it before entering team fights, as it is a life saver if you escape and need to run like a mother. It also is very nice for getting your speed to about 470.

--**Early Game**--
    Start off by getting Boots and 2 or 3 health pots. If you are gonna play smart grab 2, if dumb grab 3. Depending on who you lane with, grab either your E or Q. If laning with a slow and a person that can kill someone grab Q for the blind and damage, if gonna pressure grab E for the passive. Never level W past level 3. It is a waste. Provide pressure to champions that are pushing too far and always try to last hit minions, the more gold you have the better. I consider early game levels 1-7. Just play them as a normal old character

--**Mid Game**--
    At level 6 or 7 you have three options. You can either stay in your lane, B back and then go gank, B and relane. Usually if another lane hasn't ganked yet, I go gank, but that's just me. B and relane if you want gold and some more levels, obviously. B and gank is a nice idea and one of my favorites. Here's what you're going to get when you get back -- Beserker's Graves and a Malady, if you don't have all the gold for the Malady, you need to go farm forest or relane for a while. Get the Tome/Dagger x1 if you don't have enough. You will see your Attack Speed go up quick as this build goes on and you level. Start ganking or relaning until about 11, at this points team fights should be starting or there should be some heavy ganking. At this points B back and finish Malady or you have two options after that. Either start a Guinsoos Rageblade if you are good with mana handling and want more damage, or build a Nashoor's Tooth if you are having a hard time with Mana and want a quicker attack speed, but will sacrifice damage. Either way you will have to build one. Mid game in my opinions is Late level 6/Early 7-Late level 11/Early Level 12.

--**Later Game**--
    By this point you should have a kill or two, a few assists and you should be team fighting efficiently. If your team is dumb disregaurd that and prepare to surrender. If you are doing that, good for you and your team, you're doing what is expected! After you get your assists and kills you should be getting some good gold. Finish what you started Mid Game and Start the other one mentioned. Now it is on to more team fighting and ganking! Keep playing smart and chugging along. You will notice Teemos lack in Attack damage is regained through attack speed and the passive. You will also notice how nice the shrooms are working out. WHATS THAT? YOU FORGOT ABOUT THEM? KEEP USING THEM! Next, start a Rylai's (Yes, the health is nice and so is the AP) The freeze is just another +. By now the game should be pretty close to finding out the victor. If not, after Rylai's start a Madred's, this will shut down their tank since it takes around 25 hits to kill them, so 13 seconds for you or so with your Attack speed. Don't question my logic if I'm wrong. It's 1:30 in the morning!

--**Closing Notes**--
    Hope you Enjoyed Teemo, he's extremelly fun to use, also if you haven't yet, use . Please! It's actually kind of funny listening to some squirrel talking about the enemy.

Please don't leech, made for MPGH by lockdown6435
    Last edited by lockdown6435; 12-19-2010 at 07:13 AM. Reason: Added build
    Quote Originally Posted by VindictusMods
    I'll just change my IP, and I have all your IP's guys. So watch it. I may hack or put a virus in ur computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by sd333221
    Injecting in the lobby gets you directly banned. Thats my secret deal with Battleye, I let them have the people who can't read the instructions and they don't ban the others in return.

Thanks
    good guide but i suggest adding the build in another section of the post but keep the mentions of builds in the phrases of the game thingy.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by manngo View Post
    good guide but i suggest adding the build in another section of the post but keep the mentions of builds in the phrases of the game thingy.
    Will do that now, thanks!
    I'll just change my IP, and I have all your IP's guys. So watch it. I may hack or put a virus in ur computer.
    Injecting in the lobby gets you directly banned. Thats my secret deal with Battleye, I let them have the people who can't read the instructions and they don't ban the others in return.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    needs to be structured better
    ex-
    ex-x2
    ex-

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    every time i see attack speed/life steal teemo i just feel like bashing my face into the wall. teemo doesnt need life steal. and attack damage or attack speed.

no attack speed- his poison doesnt stack, whats the point of constantly refreshing the poison? why not let the poison finish then just hit again? that way you wont be in range from the other champion and wont get hit....

lifesteal? wtf?- why would you need lifesteal?, you said it yourself his squishy and you suggested running away alot. aka not takeing damage, not takeing damage = pointless to get lifesteal.

what i feel teemo is best played with.

ryalis - this works on his poison, as it is counted as magic damage. ryalis gives teemo survivability so if a teem fight ever goes wrong or if you ever get tower dived or watever you dont get 1 shot. (but really you should be useing shrooms to avoid direct fights) this is good for support players as it allows your team to be able to get close without them running away, the slow also lasts a long time as it starts as soon as u hit the dude and ends after the slow from the last tick of the poison wears off.

ABILITY POWER - this makes his poison more powerful so that it makes ur harasing in early lane easy as it allows you to hit and run and keep the enemies off the creeps so they cant farm last hits without takeing damage.
    this also increases the damage of your shrooms which makes people less likely to walk through them to get rid of them if they know where your shroom spots are and would force then to buy oracles or a ward if they want to get rid of your shrooms

MOVEMENT SPEED - one of teemos best assests. movemenst speed plus poison(with slow) alows you to get away and not die and to be able to hit and run easily as your opponent is not likely to be able to catch you. pro players will also be able to hit people next to towers without getting hit. repeatedly

mainbuild for teemo
    archangel staff, that sword version of the staff, ryalis, the new nerfed version of zhonyas ring, boots of swiftness, last item (i normally change this depending on the game,)

runes AP glyphs, apen marks, dodge seals, movement speed quisances,

masterys in offense and rest in utility to get bonus for ghost and teleport.

summoner spells - ghost, teleport.

teemo played as a fast moving all over th eplace haraser that just some how knows where eveyone is can really fuck with the other team well, just watch out that you dont develop patterns that the other team can figure out late game or you will be ganked a couple times till you figure out wtf there doing
    Last edited by doommach; 01-24-2011 at 03:30 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Teemo does more damage on hit.I like going AD/AP teemo, by the end of the game i usually have 300 AD and 250 AP with 2.0 AS
    ex-
    ex-x2
    ex-

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by CaT- View Post
    Teemo does more damage on hit.I like going AD/AP teemo, by the end of the game i usually have 300 AD and 250 AP with 2.0 AS
    suppose if u were going to use ad instead of poison u can get 100% crit and get infinity edge then do hit and run. it would probs do around same as if u relied on poison

Thanks
    Something good for the fans of the team. If you think HP is necessary, try the ice bridge. It did not work very well. If you need more AP, a stick to try all persons, more health, more mana, and more AP.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by jondoc View Post
    Something good for the fans of the team. If you think HP is necessary, try the ice bridge. It did not work very well. If you need more AP, a stick to try all persons, more health, more mana, and more AP.
    ice bridge? do you mean frozen mallet? lol
    ex-
    ex-x2
    ex-

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    and by stick do u mean rod of ages?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Let me clarify why I don't see Teemo as an attack damage. Teemo is a squishy, and i mean SQUISHY character. He can be taken down in an instance and he is an inferior AD. His shrooms are ap, and can do a 1-2 bars of damage per second of shroom damage to some non mr characters. With AD his entire skill set is useless. Never, ever, PLEASE NEVER run any form of ad teemo, it is completely useless, due to the fact he fires 5 shots then dies. GG.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lockdown6435 For This Useful Post:

demonv86 (03-16-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by lockdown6435 View Post
    Let me clarify why I don't see Teemo as an attack damage. Teemo is a squishy, and i mean SQUISHY character. He can be taken down in an instance and he is an inferior AD. His shrooms are ap, and can do a 1-2 bars of damage per second of shroom damage to some non mr characters. With AD his entire skill set is useless. Never, ever, PLEASE NEVER run any form of ad teemo, it is completely useless, due to the fact he fires 5 shots then dies. GG.
    I run AD/AP Tankmo
    ex-
    ex-x2
    ex-

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    life steal teemo is just so bad as well. it just shits me

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by doommach View Post
    life steal teemo is just so bad as well. it just shits me
    that's part of tankmo build
    ex-
    ex-x2
    ex-

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Don't even get me started on tankmo. But then again, the main reason i love teemo is because he is the 1 champion in the entire game that I can revoice perfectly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast