Concept 3.2
Flashing LT+ to Hitachi Drives: Pre - 78

For this tutorial to work correctly for you, you must first have followed the instructions in Concept 3 for setting Mode B. Afterwards, this is the thread for you. Flashing your console can be a simple 15 minute process, and as of right now (March 3, 2011) LT+ firmware is undetectable.

Dumping the Firmware from Pre - 78

Older ROM Versions of the drive, v32, v36, v40, v46, v47, v58 and v59 are dumped using Classic Mode, Mode Select, or RAM upload. For the purpose of the tutorial, I’ll use Mode Select.
** Dumping the firmware from a Drive Using ‘Classic Mode’ will be fooled by firmware stealth, this means, it WILL report as stock even though it isnt. **
As the drive is in ModeB already, we simply ensure drive revision matches that of the drive.

Select Dump Drive and Mode Select

Then, click Read to Source

You should see something similar to below

Once firmware is read, JungleFlasher will prompt you to save it.

Upon saving the firmware from the drive, you can verify the key appears good and it reports as GDR 3120 (ROM Ver).

The Running Log should also show this data.

Step 2: Flashing iXtreme to Hitachi

Since the last few steps are far too similar, and are almost no different, I leave you with the end of my previous tutorial to follow. Don't worry! The steps described are exactly as followed for your Pre - v78. The link to it is here. Follow "Flashing iXtreme to v79."

Thanks!