Yeehaw

Post Full Ghost Mode Tutorial

Gyongytyuk's full Ghost Mode Tutorial

So I saw a lot of tutorials in this thread like:
    -How to pinpoint
    -How to BunnyHop
    -How to be better in GM
    and all this kinds of stuff.

In this tutorial I will summarize all of these, and complete it with my own opinion.

Let's begin!

The basics:
    There are two sides, Black List (BL) which are the ghosts and only use melee weapons.
    The other side is the Global Risk(GR) which are the "good guys" and their duty is to stop the BL(Black List) team from planting the bomb.

Black List side:

Fortunately there are just a few tips to this side for successful playing.

First: Getting to know how your melee weapon works
    Since you can only play with a knife, or with other melee weapons
    (Combat Axe, Field Shovel, and from now on with the Kukri knife) I suggest to practice on knife only games.
    If you are perfect with the timing, and you can handle the melee weapon you are playing with, you are not gonna screw up so many times.
    The basic mistake if you don't know how your melee weapon works, is that you are running/camping/hunting down the enemy but you miss the stab/slash whatever and they shoot you before you can try again.

Second: BunnyHopping
    Ghosts are invisible, but when they are moving, they are slightly visible. The problem is that they can see you. If they do, you are screwed.

To eliminate the chances of getting shot when trying to get from A to B, there's a movement called bunnyhopping.
    Advantages:
    -If your Bhop is perfect, they can't see you.
    -It is not that slow
    Disadvantages:
    -It's really hard to learn, and sometimes you can screw it up.
    -When BunnyHopping, you are travelling backwards, so you can't see where your going.

How to:
    crouch (CTRL) + backwards (S) + jump (space)
    Press space again when you land on the ground
    It is really hard to do (for beginners) so you should start first by doing just one hop backwards. And than slowly put it together. Practice it a lot, it will save your life countless times.
    Edit:You can BunnyHop to the front and to the side too (i did not know about the side)
    But these are not really effective, the movement does not make you invisible enough.

Others:
    -Killing methods
    There a few styles on how you are killing in ghost mode (BL)
    -Running after the target: I don't know how people are getting the idea to do this. This method is worthless, the chance to get shot is almost 100%
    -Camping: Everyone hates camper ghosts -> DO IT :-P . Watch out for these: You don't want to camp in obvious places choose your camping place. Don't over-use it, after the third time in a match they surely gonna get you.
    Be spontaneous. You don't wanna miss, or not kill the target. If he is not an idiot, he will shoot you. If there are multiple enemies, don't kill the first one cause the others will see you and get you. Wait, and kill the last one.
    After that, your gonna act gay and kill them all. Also: don't stay on the same place too long. After you kill somebody, Bhop away and kill the next guy from an othe place/angle.
    -Bunnyhopping after the enemy: Almost like camping, but you chose a target. Same tips here.
    -Hunting: This is my favourite. You go up a high place, and when the time is right, you jump down and you own them all. (My own method, I combine it with Camping.)

-I suggest you to buy breathdown cause than you are harder to locate. You can buy footstep down and falldamage reduce if you like.

Global Risk side:

Unfortunately this is the harder side, if you wanna be successful, you are going to need to watch out for a lot of things.
    First: Gamma
    Everyone says: If you wanna see ghosts, turn the gamma on 100%. The Gamma in CF is at 50%, if you turn it on, the screen will be much brighter. Personally I don't agree with this, because if the screen is much brighter, you will not see the the small moves that the ghosts make.
    Anyways, you can try it out, I don't think it is that important.

Second: Sound
    When you are playing this game, turn off any music playing in the background, and turn the game sound to the maximum.
    If you are using headphones (surround system is the best one) you can easily locate the ghost, hear it when its near, or when they are planting the bomb.
    notes:
    -you can't hear GR side breathe.
    -Ghost's footsteps are always much faster than GR side even if that GR guy is running with a knife.

Pinpointing is based on these. Pinpointing is to locate the ghost by sound.
    How to: If you hear a ghost breathing, you locate the side it is coming from. If you hear it from the right, you turn to the right.
    You stop when you hear the breathing from both speakers equally. That means the ghost is either in front of you, or above/under you.That's it, you located the ghost.

It needs a bit of practice, and it's interesting when the ghost is above or under you.

Third: Weapons
    Another difficult choice are the weapons that you play with.
    So:
    Nades: If you can, bring all the three grenades with you. If not, than the frag grenade. Don't use it up at the beginning, but if the BL side plants the bomb,throw it there. You got a great chance of winning if you kill SB with that.
    Other situation could be that you located the unplanted bomb on the ground and there are ghosts trying to pick it up.

Secondary: You must bring a secondary in cases if you run out of ammo, or you play with a sniper(I'll talk about that later).
    The good choice are the Deagle variants, and maybe the dual colt (great ammo).

Main: I suggest you not to use loud guns, because you will go deaf. Many people bring AK's M60's and RPK's to GM, because they are powerful, and the MG's have a great ammo clip. DON'T DO IT!
    I suggest using M4 variants or SMG's (Scar L,XM8,etc. are okay too) The only AK that you can use here is the AK-Knife. Disadvantage: If you spray, you can't hear if the ghost has changed directions.

Melee: Aaand YES DON'T BE AFRAID TO USE A MELEE WEAPON when you run out of everything. If you got good headphones and you can locate the enemy, you can surprise the ghosts.

I suggest you to buy an extra ammo clip if you can.

Playing with sniper: ONLY if you are really pro. I suggest playing with the AWM variants, and for secondary a DE variant. If you are pro, playing with a sniper is much fun.

Others:
    -If the bomb is planted and there are still ghosts around, fool them. Go to the bomb, start defusing, than after 1-2 seconds, stop it and look around.
    They will come out and try to kill you, you can take them down.
    ALSO IF YOU ARE PLAYING ON BL, DON'T ACTUALLY LET THEM FOOL YOU
    -If the ghost is between you and a smoke effect, you can almost clearly see where it is.
    Really nice bug/advantage , use it when you can

-There is a z8 bug which you can use. If you are joining the game after the round is started, you can see ghosts that did not move since you joined. Use this advantage to get a free golden headshot.

Problem: If you are a pro ghost mode player (like me) and have 52:3 K/D in a match (like me), people will think you hack, and probably kick you.
    You decide how you solve this. X_x

That is it guys, I hope I covered everything. Please appreciate it, it was a lot of work to write this all by myself. I know it is a lot of text, I tried to make it easier to read.

Please sticky

and also, if there is something else, feel free to post it.
    Last edited by GRgaergaergaergerag; 04-17-2011 at 07:19 AM.

2. The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to GRgaergaergaergerag For This Useful Post:

A$IAN (04-16-2011),baahloopez (04-30-2011),Cynic (04-18-2011),dr92 (04-26-2011),En3rgy. (05-22-2011),[MPGH]Ghost (04-16-2011),Higetsu (05-21-2011),HJLCSR (04-25-2011),jimcools (04-16-2011),kurichar (05-27-2011),LMAO_bas97 (05-01-2011),Lonesome Cowboy (04-21-2011),Maigas (04-16-2011),Mangiken (05-19-2011),Margherita (04-17-2011),mas3456 (05-18-2011),meryhasan (04-17-2011),Neechan' (04-16-2011),need_for_help (04-17-2011),pouler32 (04-30-2011),SpritZ48 (05-01-2011),teheownerer (01-20-2013),TheWayIAm (04-16-2011),thkuipuzbr (06-04-2011),Uncute (05-24-2011)

Love many, trust few and always paddle your own canoe
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    nice man gj really

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot

Epic Thread

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by EM` View Post

Epic Thread

Epic comment

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyongytyuk View Post

-When BunnyHopping, you are travelling backwards, so you can't see where your going.
    Just one correction in the B-Hop.
    You can do:
    -Backwards B-Hop
    -Side B-hop
    -Front B-Hop

Quote Originally Posted by Gyongytyuk View Post

How to:
    crouch (CTRL) + backwards (S) + jump (space)
    Press space again when you land on the ground
    I think that you should press space rigth before you land on the ground, if you are B-Hoping and you press Space when you land (and not before you land) you will get a Epic Fail And get shoted

But the thread is a . Desearve Stiky

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Maigas View Post
    Just one correction in the B-Hop.
    You can do:
    -Backwards B-Hop
    -Side B-hop
    -Front B-Hop

I think that you should press space rigth before you land on the ground, if you are B-Hoping and you press Space when you land (and not before you land) you will get a Epic Fail And get shoted

But the thread is a . Desearve Stiky
    thank you,I hope it ll get stickyed.
    I will put these there, but the bhop control is right think about it
    if your doing just one, and not the whole movement, you dont press the space when you land.
    But you press it if you want to continue
    whatever.
    Last edited by GRgaergaergaergerag; 04-16-2011 at 12:05 PM.

Thanks
    ohh mann niiiceee tutorial
    /thanks

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    I'm already good GM player, but this is good thread those who doesnt know how to play GM or are amateurs. Great job!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Wow Nice Tutorial i only add one think to be the perfect tutorial, a video!
    *|/ FCBarcelona Faan! \|*

To do list:
    [] I do it [] I don't do it

Get 10 posts []
    Get 50 posts []
    Get 100 posts []
    Get 500 posts []
    Get 1000 posts []
    ۞

If you like my posts Just press THANKS

11. The Following User Says Thank You to xcb777 For This Useful Post:

Higetsu (05-21-2011)

Thanks
    Good job! I seriously need to read this, bookmarked.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    Nice work..
    Now give me credits for the layout.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    This is a hot thread. Good work ;D
    ~Donater since 19th October 2011~
    ~Ex-Crossfire Minion || Resigned on 4th February 2012 ~
    Da fuck

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by sapass209 View Post
    This is a hot thread. Good work ;D
    I would be happy if someone would sticky it

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Name the 3 types of bunny hopes and how to do them.

Back Ward Bunny hop
    Forward Bunny Hop
    Side Wise Bunny Hop

You should make depth in the bunny hop and Pin pointing .
    Last edited by Takari; 04-17-2011 at 05:46 AM.
    [IMG]https://i1114.photobucke*****m/albums/k538/ImminentJM/takari.png[/IMG]

Goal:
    10,000 Posts - 10/13/2011
    Become Minion - Not Done
    Become Donator - 07/29/2011
    1000 Thanks - Done - 07/25/2011
    2000 Thanks - Not Done
    Thanks Archangel for my 1,000 Thanks.
    Thanks Keroaplt for my Signature.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired