Thanks

Bind for mana amber?

I'm trying to make a bind to do a mana amber on my evie, but with only 1 button. I don't know what command to put. I tried

bind ctrl "+jump +jump" and it doesn't work... (figures...)

As for why I wanna do it, it's because sometimes when I'm doing a big raid like titan, if I want to amber myself, and there's lot of action like transformations or evies spamming magic, it doesn't seem to register the double tap. All I do is 2 hops, and I double tap my space bar pretty fast, so I don't think I'm too slow on my thumb I dunno if it happens to others too, but maybe it's because my pc is getting old lol

Anyone got a bind for that or is there a command that actually activates amber?
    Thx!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    I haven't tried this but might as well try
    bind key "+jump;+jump"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sculp For This Useful Post:

Methodeman (05-01-2011)

Thanks
    You can try "+jump;-jump;+jump;" but if your client is lag-losing your keystrokes I'm not sure this will help. Hell I'm not sure it's even possible.
    I do recall seeing a utility from someone in KR that intercepts a single keystroke and reinterprets it to Vindi as the mana amber sequence. I've never tried it though.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to UlRRvtk7 For This Useful Post:

Methodeman (05-01-2011)

Thanks
    Those 2 don't seem to work, thanks for the try

If I recall, there was some kind of "wait" command you could put between 2 distinct commands, in the source engine when I used to play CS:Source..
    Don't know if it works in vindi, and I don't remember exactly what is it :/
    I just remember using it on binds to buy stuff at the start so that the binds didn't go too fast and not register when the server was a bit laggy....
    Maybe it's because doing "+jump;+jump" registers the 2 strokes too fast and it only makes 1 jump...
    I'm gonna try to find that back do see if some kind of "+jump; wait; +jump" is gonna work
    Last edited by Methodeman; 05-01-2011 at 09:48 AM.