Thread: Piracy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    xXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moto View Post
    only pc games i buy, are the ones i want to play online
    This^^

me to

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristina View Post
    With the current economic status and how bad the world is doing. I'd much rather spend my money on gas then on a 60$ piece of crap I'm going to be done with in 4 days. When I find something I truely enjoy though. I actually buy it.
    Somewhat my sentiments. I do have money to blow on games though, I just dont like the idea of just blowing it away.

Quote Originally Posted by Moto View Post
    only pc games i buy, are the ones i want to play online
    Only games I care to play online are FPS's. Quake live is free, and my crack of Q3A can play online, and there is aIW for MW2, and I actually bought CoD4, and own the majority of the games before it.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    fuck buying games.
    Minecraft.

Thanks
    Personally, I don't pirate many games. I tend to go for the free online FPS's. I hate buying videogames. You spend 40-80 bucks (depending on the game) for a new copy of a game, that you will play for a bit, but in the long run get sick of it and stop playing. So now you're down 60 bills. Look at CoD. There are TONS of people who bought both MW and then Black Ops. They wasted a good 180 bills on three games, of which they will most likely stop playing when the NEXT CoD comes out. It's a waste.

Developers constantly complain about piracy on the computer, and hacks on the computer. This wouldn't be an issue if they knew how to encrypt the data on the discs and it wouldn't be an issue if they just would come up with new programming techniques, rather than using the same ones that have been used for years. PC gaming is the best gaming in my opinion, because the possibilities with PC's are endless, whereas with a console, to get a new generation of gaming, you need to buy a new console, or a 100$ worth of equipment. Screw that.

Basically, I agree with you. Don't dish out the money for something that is crap. Trying the game out first is so much better. I have pirated games and then bought them, hell I did it with the Saboteur. That game is addicting, I willingly dished out fifty bills for it because I still play it, but games like Portal and such, yeah no those games are good for a weekend.

Thanks
    @Lehsyrus I play a lot of FPS games, and games like CoD4 have been worth the $50, as I have put over 1000 hours into that game. Another 1000 more in MW2, but I dont think it was as enjoyable.

I also play a lot of RPG games, that you can easily put well over 100 hours into in just one runthrough. Prince of Persia games, Bioshock games, Ive put at least 200 hours in Shadow of the Colossus, hell even God of War. Games like that warrant my buying of them. Problem is, not many games are made like that anymore, because everyone wants consolized simplicity that they can numb their minds with for a few hours, rather than actually playing the games.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    @Heartview I agree with you that there were games that after dishing out the money they were worth the play time, but I'm referencing todays standards in games. Even RPG's nowadays are all bland, the same thing, games back in the day were new and exciting, now all games go for the same type of customer. The type of customer that will just dish out cash for whatever is given to them. Almost all FPS's nowadays are the same, and RPG's all have "dungeons" and "raids" and it's boring.

What we really need, is another game like Zelda, where it was revolutionary at the time, took a long ass time to beat, no one cared to hack it because it was fun without hacks, and it was a puzzle and made you actually think before you just rushed in. Games like that, along with a ton of easter eggs, are the ones I believe we should dish the money out for. Hell, I would take an FPS if the story line was actually original, but none are anymore.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    I have a xbox and pc so i usually play the games i buy on console cause the online is better and more populated. @Heartview

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    I can't afford games.

Thanks
    I only pirate games i need to use on my pc. For example; I own Black Ops for xBox and enjoy it much more on a console than on pc, but I cant record. Therefore, I simply get another copy of what I have so i can get some gameplay

oya

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12