Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

Call of Duty Mw2 crashing on startup

okay, so here's the whle problem =D
    yestarday i started makeing mods (the look like crap) but nevertheless i want to use them in my game,(i dont really like useing other people their work, then i feel soo noobie xD) when i implement them into my AlterIW, they work like a charm, not an error to be found,
    but on the other hand, if i put them into my real MW2, ( the steam version) i get the error "image file corrupt", even tho i used HxD (dunno if it has anything to do with it really) and CRCFixer,, also edited the HEXes in the right way.
    so at the moment iam quite clueless xD
    so, if you know what i can do, please share =D
    thanks in advance,
    Edey

Thanks
    Either you installed them in the wrong place, or you actually didnt do the hex/CRC fixing right.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Could be the case, but what i find weird, is that i only edit 1 file in one IWD, but when i download a skin (ur and Llama's golden guns pack) there are atleast 2 different IWD's (mainly 7 and 11) and a total of 3 files ,,, and i only edit one 0.o
    does this mean iam like a total failure xP?
    thnx for ur responce, verry much appriciated

Thanks
    First off, that pack is very old, and uses an ineffective method. If I were you I would either wait till killamodzta releases some more guns, request one, or make your own using the tut I posted.

But if you have downloaded any of mine (or pretty much anyone here) then there is no need to do anything with the files. Just drag them into the right IWD and be done.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Heartview For This Useful Post:

Drake (05-16-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartview View Post
    First off, that pack is very old, and uses an ineffective method. If I were you I would either wait till killamodzta releases some more guns, request one, or make your own using the tut I posted.

But if you have downloaded any of mine (or pretty much anyone here) then there is no need to do anything with the files. Just drag them into the right IWD and be done.
    Well, thanks a lot for your reactions, ill mark this one as solved =D
    ( i do have one more qustion for you tho)
    how did you make the golden guns so that you can still see the outlines and stuff of the guns?
    since i just colour the whole layer yellow 0.o xD
    so that makes it rly uneffective to add text and stuff to it, so i'd like to learn how to get the colour shine thru,
    has it something to do with hue/saturation?
    English aint rly my primary language,, so i kinda fail it it xP
    Thanks again, ill mark this one as solved ( for now)