Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love

How long to code a hack from scratch?

I'm going to explain a bit about myself. If you intend to flame me. Read the explanation, otherwise just the question.

I am pretty well into my C++ books, and my ultimate goal is to create a game, similar to maplestory. But a more unique storyline. And a few aspects changed, etc. But that's going off topic.

Anyhoo, I ALSO want to make hacks for combat arms on MPGH. I want to be able to contribute to this community. But my main concern is, if I were to create hacks for combat arms, would it interfere with my life?

QUESTION:

I want to make hacks for combat arms. I'll be using addresses found by other people until I can find my own adresses. So if I were to start coding a hack, from ABSOLUTELY nothing except a few #define statements, how long would it take to create a hack that has just chams, crosshair, aimbot, no recoil (not just visual), name ESP and weapon name ESP?

It would have a menu, not hotkeys.

I'm going to sleep now cuz it's 12:30. Night, and thanks for your help

edit: just noticed I totally posted in the wrong section :P if a mod sees this please move to help section... Too tired to pm you.
    Last edited by VvITylerIvV; 05-21-2011 at 01:23 AM.
    Favourite quotes:

Code:
    I don't need easy, I just need possible. ~ Me 

There are three birds on a fence. Two decide to fly away, how many are left? Three, just because you decide to do something doesn't mean you've done it. ~ Don't know who said this

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
    Quote Originally Posted by VirtualSia View Post
    You both have a very weird and awkward view on Computer science.
    Computer science is about computing, which is programming.
    Definition of computing: The use or operation of computers.
    Turning on my computer = computing = programming
    LAWLFAIL

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Depends. I the base of Eclair in about a day. It worked, but wasn't very please. I then took the liberty to spend another 2 months on it (only a few hours a day) until the public release, which I was still not happy with.

Thanks
    Coding a game may take you 3 to 8 years if you plan to do that alone with no experience in c++, coding a hack will take you 2 to 3 years, again if you have no experience or don't know what c++ is.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    It depends on your experience.. And if your basing it on something..
    After you coded your base it could be easier... though possibly could take you 1-4 weeks.. But it also depends on what kind of hack/hacks..

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    My base is about 1 year of work
    No I do not make game hacks anymore, please stop asking.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    I just used whits base took 5 mins to add in hacks and released

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by freedompeace View Post
    Depends. I the base of Eclair in about a day. It worked, but wasn't very please. I then took the liberty to spend another 2 months on it (only a few hours a day) until the public release, which I was still not happy with.
    Lol.
    "I the base"

Anyway if you start from scratch it's gunna seriously take a while to get all the members of classes you would need to do those hacks. On the other hand you can find most of those things in Gellin's base which I think most people here use.

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Maybe I'll base it on something, and then keep working on my own base/website/game... Meh, not like I have a life anyways. Once I have a base, assuming I'm a professional game developer (cuz I'm obviously putting game ahead of hacks, so the game would be completed and released in alpha, and I'd have some people hired to do a lot of the work for me) how long would it take to add in some hacks, including finding my own addresses?

I've never created a hack except some trainers for online games. And I don't want to start making hacks - without knowing how long they'll take to make - cuz I know I won't be able to stop. And if it takes too much of my life away, then I'd prefer not to make hacks.
    Favourite quotes:

Code:

There are three birds on a fence. Two decide to fly away, how many are left? Three, just because you decide to do something doesn't mean you've done it. ~ Don't know who said this

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
    LAWLFAIL

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Lol.
    "I the base"

Anyway if you start from scratch it's gunna seriously take a while to get all the members of classes you would need to do those hacks. On the other hand you can find most of those things in Gellin's base which I think most people here use.
    WOAH FAIL LOL, thanks Crash <3

It literally takes less than an hour for the very base of whatever you do.

My Eclair menu had something like this:
    • MenuGroup[]
      • Name
      • Tag(?)
      • Description
      • FriendlyName
      • MenuItem[]
        • Modifier*
        • ModifierType (bool, short, etc..)
        • Name
        • Tag(?)
        • Description
        • FriendlyName
    • ActiveMenuRender
      • (member functions)

Quote Originally Posted by VvITylerIvV View Post
    Maybe I'll base it on something, and then keep working on my own base/website/game... Meh, not like I have a life anyways. Once I have a base, assuming I'm a professional game developer (cuz I'm obviously putting game ahead of hacks, so the game would be completed and released in alpha, and I'd have some people hired to do a lot of the work for me) how long would it take to add in some hacks, including finding my own addresses?

I've never created a hack except some trainers for online games. And I don't want to start making hacks - without knowing how long they'll take to make - cuz I know I won't be able to stop. And if it takes too much of my life away, then I'd prefer not to make hacks.
    What? You want to hack your own game? 0.o

10. The Following User Says Thank You to freedompeace For This Useful Post:

VvITylerIvV (05-22-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    If you already know a language pretty well, Then a few hours, but its the research that takes the most time and could take weeks or even months to research what you want to do in the hack, The Delphi menu hack I spent about 6 to 12 hours of coding time, research took me 5 to 6 months... might be less if your doing it in C++ because the research has already been done and there are alot more resources available for you to read.
    Last edited by Departure; 05-22-2011 at 01:14 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Departure For This Useful Post:

VvITylerIvV (05-22-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Quote Originally Posted by freedompeace View Post

WOAH FAIL LOL, thanks Crash <3

It literally takes less than an hour for the very base of whatever you do.

My Eclair menu had something like this:
    • MenuGroup[]
      • Name
      • Tag(?)
      • Description
      • FriendlyName
      • MenuItem[]
        • Modifier*
        • ModifierType (bool, short, etc..)
        • Name
        • Tag(?)
        • Description
        • FriendlyName
    • ActiveMenuRender
      • (member functions)

What? You want to hack your own game? 0.o
    No, not add hacks to game, add hacks to the base. Lawl, I'm a bad question asker cuz I add too much information :P. Although, I DO have a plan for preventing hacks in my game. Gonna word my TOS properly, shut down all websites and have ONE website sign a contract that states they are allowed to make hacks for my games as long as they follow guidelines set by myself, and must run all new hacks by me. All the while keeping this legal relationship in hiding from the public, so as not to get the players upset that we are allowing hacks. Which in fact is the best way to prevent hacks, but I'm going much too far off topic here. And also revealing too much about my plans to prevent hacks in my games allowing them to be manipulated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Departure View Post
    If you already know a language pretty well, Then a few hours, but its the research that takes the most time and could take weeks or even months to research what you want to do in the hack, The Delphi menu hack I spent about 6 to 12 hours of coding time, research took me 5 to 6 months... might be less if your doing it in C++ because the research has already been done and there are alot more resources available for you to read.
    But, seeing as by the time I will actually be creating hacks, I will also have a full MMORPG released in alpha... I shouldn't have a problem making the hacks? (Currently a somewhat beginner in c++ although I like to know what's going to happen and how I will make it so)

Thanks guys.
    Favourite quotes:

Code:

LAWLFAIL

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by VvITylerIvV View Post
    No, not add hacks to game, add hacks to the base. Lawl, I'm a bad question asker cuz I add too much information :P. Although, I DO have a plan for preventing hacks in my game. Gonna word my TOS properly, shut down all websites and have ONE website sign a contract that states they are allowed to make hacks for my games as long as they follow guidelines set by myself, and must run all new hacks by me. All the while keeping this legal relationship in hiding from the public, so as not to get the players upset that we are allowing hacks. Which in fact is the best way to prevent hacks, but I'm going much too far off topic here. And also revealing too much about my plans to prevent hacks in my games allowing them to be manipulated.

But, seeing as by the time I will actually be creating hacks, I will also have a full MMORPG released in alpha... I shouldn't have a problem making the hacks? (Currently a somewhat beginner in c++ although I like to know what's going to happen and how I will make it so)

Thanks guys.
    Stop getting so far ahead of yourself. Website where you can let people create hacks, MMORPG in Alpha? You don't even know dx..

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtual Void View Post

Stop getting so far ahead of yourself. Website where you can let people create hacks, MMORPG in Alpha? You don't even know dx..
    I'm not getting ahead of myself. I wish to know whether I should pursue creating hacks or just making games. I want to know whether I should see making hacks in my future or not. I know it'll take me a while to get there but I still want to know whats coming up nevertheless.
    Favourite quotes:

Code:

LAWLFAIL

Far from around you Programmer: C++ | VB | C# | JAVA
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    my current base took me, 24 hrs, (not continuous 12 days) to get it to its current position ( also not including the time it took to make the Menu )
    I just like programming, that is all.

Current Stuff:

• GPU Programmer (Cuda)
    • Client/Server (Cloud Server)
    • Mobile App Development

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Well I wouldn't have a drastic menu, I prefer simple menus over the complex menus. Something I can open up and change every feature quickly and easily. So a menu wouldn't be too hard to create. Thanks guys. Seeing as they don't take that long to make, I will probably start making hacks in a couple months, rather than after making a full game.
    Favourite quotes:

Code:

LAWLFAIL