Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Considering making this a series where I give tips and fun tactics on games.*

So, we all know about the Gears 3 beta and very few of us actually got in. I was one of those. I really haven't played gears since mid-2010 so this was a wide awakening for me. To be honest, I was horrible at first, but got better as I learned more. Over the 4 week beta, here's some things I discovered:

The whole battle has changed. Completely changed. Gears used to be all about Lacer Lancer Lancer. Not anymore. The new Retro Lancer changed the game. It has a bayonet on the front (or whatever it's called) that you can charge with and impale an enemy, of course resulting in an awesome death. It's more powerful than the lancer, for sure, but much less accurate. For example, where a Lancer would take half a clip to down someone, it would take about a third with the Retro Lancer. Lancers can shoot mid-long range, while Retro Lancers shoot mid-range, due to the spread and recoil. It all depends on your playing style. Those who like to stay back and be the support for their team would be better with the good old Lancer. Those who like to rush and be the front linemen would be better suited for the Retro Lancer, especially with the bayonet charge ability. For those who like to be in either front or back, or even the middle, would be Hammerburst players. While it has a slow fire rate and a little bit of spread, the damage is very strong. The new iron sights allow for more accurate fire.*

Tips for rifles: NEVER go towards your enemy, unless they're running, while firing. It messes up your accuracy and puts you at risk of getting shotgunned. Make sure no enemies are anywhere close to you before firing. Although it seems like a dumb thing to do because it risks a good kill, *a swift look-around would help you greatly, especially when you need to concentrate like you do now. Someone sneaking behind you and chopping you into bits doesn't help.*

Shotguns are now becoming a force to be reckoned with this time around. The new Sawed-Off is a powerhouse, while containing small range and SLOW fire rate/reload. We can never forget the good old Gnasher though. A higher fire rate and reload ups the Gnasher, but the Sawed-Off makes it look like a nerf gun with its amount of power. Those who are in the front lines, rushing, getting up close and personal, I recommend the Sawed-Off. Very effective when you use the in and out method (going in, shooting, going out as you reload). Those in the back lines, I recommend the Gnasher. *In Gears, you can't avoid getting close to an enemy. Shotguns are essentials and you need a kill right then and there. The Gnasher has actual range with its fire. Small-mid range. This works perfect when getting rushed. While the enemy is reloading their single-shot, you can keep hitting them, even if they start running.*

Tips for shotguns: Use the in and out method (as explained above) whenever possible. It makes it much easier to survive during those heavy battles. Whenever you start a close-quarters style map, like Checkout., pull out your shotgun first. You won't be involved in any heavy rifle action that much, so shotguns stand out a lot.*

Pistols are highly underrated nowadays, especially in Gears. Pull out a Boltok and in 3 shots you have a dead enemy. Pull out the Gorgon SMG and gun down someone within 2/3 of the clip. The reload is fast too, so you can keep going. The default pistol is very useful if you can pull that trigger quick. Low damage, but you could take someone out with it if you know how to use it.*

Tips for pistols: Don't rush for the first pistol you see because they aren't particularly as useful as the shotgun and rifle. Try not rush with any pistol. They don't kill quicker than any other weapon, so the chances of being blown away are high.*

Dem *nades, dem nades. Very powerful, indeed. Although the smoke seems useless, it's actually an amazing tool. If you're squaring off with an enemy, throw down a smoke at him. It should stun him momentarily, giving you enough time to shotgun him. If an enemy runs past you, press b and attach a smoke to him. When it explodes, he'll be down and you can finish him off with your favorite execution. Inks are also useful too. If you throw it directly at an enemy , it'll blow and they'll be stunned as well as take damage from the ink. If they're downed by that, there's a good chance the ink could finish him off, or even you. Incendiary grenades are big killers. Toss one on an enemy and get an instant kill. If you're playing KOTH, throw a incendiary nade in the hill after capturing it. An enemy will run in and start catching on fire, probably resulting in a kill. Saving the best for last, frags are the big boomers. Sticking these to an enemy kills them, and spamming them into the hill during KOTH is HIGHLY effective. Take it from the guy who got 4 kills with one nade.*

I typed this a couple weeks ago and forgot to put it into a post. It was late at night and i was tired so if I fucked up somewhere, let me know.

Excuse the asterisks, it was in my iPod's notes and idk how they got there.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to J Miliam For This Useful Post:

Nirvana (05-26-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    No responses. What the fuck.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sick
    I thanked you for how long it was even though i dont have the beta anymore,I think the gnasher would be good up close too,its pretty strong and the sawed off is too risky imo.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    I thanked you for how long it was even though i dont have the beta anymore,I think the gnasher would be good up close too,its pretty strong and the sawed off is too risky imo.
    Depends on who you're versing. If they're rushing up close, use the sawed-off. If they lay back, gnasher it up.