Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Exclamation Nexon Does Care. Or at least there's one really dedicated GM.

So my friend got his account on Vindictus banned, and so he logged a ticket that he was hacked, since I was on his account previously. Two IPs in different countries = highly suspicious.

He asked me for advice concerning the ticket, and just out of pure lulz, since we didn't consider Nexon to have taken any action before, we decided to make a ticket that plead for the account back, without any items, and accompanied it with a suicidal tone/threat of suicide to create more impact.

'lo and behold, 2 weeks later, while he was sleeping, 8 police cops showed up at his house, WITH GUNS (as he described to me dramatically). They knocked and woke him up. At the door, he played it off, saying he was hacked and that ticket was sent from a hacked location (he was panicking at this time). So the police decide to take a look at his computer.

Funnily enough, they discovered our chatlog, and read through it. They told him that it was actually a crime, something about inciting panic, and that although they won't charge him this time, they took my e-mail as evidence, whatever that may serve. Thankfully, I don't associate much of my personal details with online stuff (safety precautions due to some shady dealings in the past >_>)

My IP address also leads to some server in Kansas and since it's dynamic, it changes once every 24 hours. My website (in case some miracle happens and they find it) has personal details all linked to some fake address in Oakland, California, so I should be safe. Hoping nothing happens to me!

However, the lesson here is, don't log a ticket to Nexon claiming a suicide, if you ever somehow get that idea. If you do, and if you're unlucky and get a GM that cares, they WILL call the police on your ass.

This was in Toronto, Canada by the way. Not United States. I'm not sure about procedure here, but it could be similar, considering that Blizzard has a 0% tolerance policy and will call the police on any suicide threat. Maybe this is a step up for Nexon?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to darkwar4ever For This Useful Post:

Vegeance (07-18-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    LMFAO...im sorry i shouldnt laugh...but i must....HAHAHAHHAAHHAHA...hows ur friend doin now?

Thanks
    OH MY GOD....

AHAHAHA!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by arnykl View Post
    LMFAO...im sorry i shouldnt laugh...but i must....HAHAHAHHAAHHAHA...hows ur friend doin now?
    He's fine. His parents said that it was a learning experience and didn't ground him or anything. Liberal asian parents these days, ahaha. xD

I laughed really hard while he told me this too. Even though it was mostly my idea and it almost got him into trouble. I just hope I don't, lol. >__>

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Nexon doesn't want any legal troubles, that's all. Any other company would have done the same.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    ur my new best friend for that XD...i had to hide some illegal fireworks, so i put it under my friends matress. low and behold his house got searched for pot and they found them...6months in juvie xD...gotta watch my back now

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    nobody should associate with you or your friend.....to be banned for hacking, means you hacked publicly....to hell with both of you.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_dragon View Post
    Nexon doesn't want any legal troubles, that's all. Any other company would have done the same.
    I suppose. It's just that I think the stereotype for Nexon is that they never do anything except use Lloyd Korn to send cease and desists to private servers. Never knew they had a policy like this too. Or maybe it was just a GM acting out of
    'goodwill,' you don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by gravekermit1 View Post
    nobody should associate with you or your friend.....to be banned for hacking, means you hacked publicly....to hell with both of you.
    Wrong, he never hacked. I put some GM items on his account because I thought he quit. That was the cause of the ban. :3
    Last edited by darkwar4ever; 05-27-2011 at 08:16 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    ahem...item hackers also got banned, I created items also and got banned, and I also sent a sucide threat in a way...derp...
    [IMG]https://i527.photobucke*****m/albums/cc360/zachary12365/coaster.png[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by HoLyNeSs View Post
    ahem...item hackers also got banned, I created items also and got banned, and I also sent a sucide threat in a way...derp...
    a threat after the fact...fail.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    a threat after the fact...fail.
    I sent the threat almost as soon as I got banned, it's been almost 2 weeks and they haven't contacted me.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Ahaha, just hope the GM that reads it doesn't call the cops. >__<

But if you're in the United States, do tell me if anything happens. This was in Canada, and I don't know if this is an isolated case, or if this happened before.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I sent the threat almost as soon as I got banned, it's been almost 2 weeks and they haven't contacted me.

and also...it wasnt directed to you. was to thread starter

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    You know, this is something I'd expect from Maplestory players, but come on, you're old enough to know this sort of stuff is always taken seriously.

Your threat was not as good enough as the TC's friend's.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_dragon View Post
    You know, this is something I'd expect from Maplestory players, but come on, you're old enough to know this sort of stuff is always taken seriously.

Your threat was not as good enough as the TC's friend's.
    I didn't say I was suicidal, I pretty much just said that my entire life was in the game and that I didn't have any friends in real life. I never mentioned suicide =P. Also, I might have mentioned that I have fetal alcohol syndrome, after thorough research into bad conditions (5 minutes of googling worst medical conditions)
    Last edited by HoLyNeSs; 05-27-2011 at 08:22 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast